Canucks & NHL News, Rumours, and & Fantasy GM | League Wide Chaos

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
Last one was over 1,000. Use this thread to discuss league-wide trade and free agent rumours. The Around the League thread is for coaching changes, league news, SCF chat, etc.

Vector's NHL Transaction Tracker.

Some Important Off-Season Dates

Buyout Period: June 27th, evening; players without NMCs must be placed on unconditional waivers 24 hours prior (another buyout period opens if a team has a player file for arbitration). This buyout period ends June 30th. 8:00pm.
Team-Elected Arbitration: June 26th, evening
NHL Awards: June 27th
Draft Day 01: June 28th
Draft Day 02: June 29th
Qualifying Offer Date: June 30th
Free Agency Opens: July 1st, 9am PST
Summer Development Camp: July 1st-4th
Player-Elected Arbitration: July 5th
Young Stars Classic Tournament: Sep. 13th-16th

Last edited:

Jerry the great

Jul 8, 2022
AFP released their updated contract extension projections for players needing a new deal after 2024-25.

Here's what they project for the following Canucks (Assuming a $92M salary cap):
  • Brock Boeser - 7y x $9,012,933
  • Nils Hoglander - 2y x $2,643,938
  • Pius Suter - 4y x $3,441,260
i'd offer Hoglander 4x$2.5 on July 1st.

Then I'd offer Victor Arvidsson a 2 year $5MM contract so Hoglander has the perfect role model (and we address our top 6 scoring need)

Reactions: vancityluongo

arttk

Feb 16, 2006
Los Angeles
"Awww, that’s a real shame.

Hopefully that wonderful Edmonton fanbase can look back fondly on this near miss when their franchise moves to Houston in 5 years."

I can't reply to your post directly since the thread is closed, so I am just going to do something a little weird and post it here.

I just want to say I am a huge fan of your sports takes and you almost always are the voice of reason. But your take on Edmonton is such boring childish tribalism. Whether it be insulting McDavid as the whiniest player in the league, or commenting that the building is dead and the fanbase is super quiet, or joking that they' be leaving in a few years. Whatever silly hyperbole it is, it's quiet a contrast to your usual voice of reason. As a born and bred Canucks fan who lives in Edmonton and has experienced what a crazy fanbase the Oilers have, it's kind of sad that someone so smart comes across so ill-informed just because they can't extract the us vs them homerism from their childhood.
f*** the oilers

JT Milker

Mar 24, 2018

alternate

Win the week!
Jun 9, 2006
victoria

Hopefully that wonderful Edmonton fanbase can look back fondly on this near miss when their franchise moves to Houston in 5 years."

I can't reply to your post directly since the thread is closed, so I am just going to do something a little weird and post it here.

I just want to say I am a huge fan of your sports takes and you almost always are the voice of reason. But your take on Edmonton is such boring childish tribalism. Whether it be insulting McDavid as the whiniest player in the league, or commenting that the building is dead and the fanbase is super quiet, or joking that they' be leaving in a few years. Whatever silly hyperbole it is, it's quiet a contrast to your usual voice of reason. As a born and bred Canucks fan who lives in Edmonton and has experienced what a crazy fanbase the Oilers have, it's kind of sad that someone so smart comes across so ill-informed just because they can't extract the us vs them homerism from their childhood.

Your 18th post in 10 years is to defend the Oilers? I stand with MS in this one, he is 100% correct. Houston Oilers has a nice ring to it.

Bgav

We Stylin'
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2009
Vancouver

Oilers board is this way ---->

Killer Orcas

Jul 2, 2011
Abbotsford BC
AFP released their updated contract extension projections for players needing a new deal after 2024-25.

Here's what they project for the following Canucks (Assuming a $92M salary cap):
  • Brock Boeser - 7y x $9,012,933
  • Nils Hoglander - 2y x $2,643,938
  • Pius Suter - 4y x $3,441,260
Would be insanity giving Boeser that moving forward. They need to think with their head and not heart with him. His skating is not getting better and he's already 27. I love the player and person from what I see but you have think about the future as well.

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
Skinner for pretty cheap would be a fantastic option to play with petey, just need a big body on the other side

ziploc

Aug 29, 2003
Vancouver
Skinner for pretty cheap would be a fantastic option to play with petey, just need a big body on the other side
1719416383310.png

Killer Orcas

Jul 2, 2011
Abbotsford BC
Pretty sure Skinner signed in Buffalo to be close to home. Guessing he'd give the Leafs a sweet deal to bring him home unless someone blew him away.

StickShift

In a pickle 🥒
Feb 29, 2004
New York
RE: Boeser’s projected $9m cap hit

I know that a lot of the speculation has been about moving Mikheyev or (among some) Garland to clear cap space.

But I wonder if they would sell high on Boeser instead ahead of that big cap hit. Maybe sign Toffoli or another cheaper UFA winger as his replacement.

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown

I know that a lot of the speculation has been about moving Mikheyev or (among some) Garland to clear cap space.

But I wonder if they would sell high on Boeser instead ahead of that big cap hit. Maybe sign Toffoli or another cheaper UFA winger as his replacement.

When asked about trading Boeser, Rutherford's exact quote was the following.

Rutherford: No. No. No.

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby

If you are calling out the negative comments about Oilers from here, ok sure.

Would you also be a stalwart crusader of justice by calling out what the Oiler fans said about the Orcas? What they are saying about the Orcas is just as bad, if that's what you're looking for. Also, where exactly is your incorruptible voice of reason when Seravelli made his, to directly quote from your words, "boring childish tribalism" comments about Vancouver city? Surely a person with such superior moral highgrounds wouldn't stand for this, no?

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
You don’t trade Boeser. You ride that one out given his importance in the room and attempt to squeeze him into a heavy discount.

I don’t think the market will be upset if he’s demanding a 9x8 and they choose to move on.

But you have to be prepared to view him as an internal one year rental.

Baby Pettersson

Mar 8, 2014
Saskatoon
Boeser was one of our best players in the playoffs. I definitely wouldn't be trading him this off season. Not to mention his importance to the room.

I'm sure we will resign him at a nice discount.

Reactions: Phrasing

Bleach Clean

Aug 9, 2006

Boeser is a core player here, imo. He has proven to be cut above Garland (though some might cite possession metrics and EVPs as counterpoints).

If they get him on an $7.5-$8m/$8yr deal early into 2024-25, assuming he comes back with the same commitment as this year, it would be good work. The danger is that he excels in season and they are again faced with a Horvat-esque dilemma.

Edit: Toffoli is a good call out though, both have scoring ability this team desperately needs.

StrictlyCommercial

Oct 28, 2006
Vancouver
Boeser is so slow he might be a guy that ages gracefully a la Pavelski. Losing speed won't have much impact on his game.

Having said that, offer 8x$7.5M and hope he signs. Is he going to risk losing $60 million over $3 million? I doubt it.

Reactions: Baby Pettersson

alternate

Win the week!
Jun 9, 2006
victoria
Boeser is a core player here, imo. He has proven to be cut above Garland (though some might cite possession metrics and EVPs as counterpoints).

If they get him on an $7.5-$8m/$8yr deal early into 2024-25, assuming he comes back with the same commitment as this year, it would be good work. The danger is that he excels in season and they are again faced with a Horvat-esque dilemma.

Edit: Toffoli is a good call out though, both have scoring ability this team desperately needs.

I'm not sure I want to sign Boeser until he's 36. Can't see him being effective at that age.

I'm hoping for more of a 5-6 year extension, and hope the last few years will encourage Boeser to sign at a team friendly AAV. The team having another successful year in 24/25 will go a long way towards that happening.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad