Canucks & NHL News, Rumours, and & Fantasy GM | Hold up, let Chef Allvin cook.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Last one was over 1,000. Continue here. Use this thread to discuss league-wide trade and free agent rumours. The Around the League thread is for coaching changes, league news, SCF chat, etc.

Vector's NHL Transaction Tracker.

Some Important Off-Season Dates

Buyout Period: June 27th, evening; players without NMCs must be placed on unconditional waivers 24 hours prior (another buyout period opens if a team has a player file for arbitration). This buyout period ends June 30th. 8:00pm.
Team-Elected Arbitration: June 26th, evening
NHL Awards: June 27th
Draft Day 01: June 28th
Draft Day 02: June 29th
Qualifying Offer Date: June 30th
Free Agency Opens: July 1st, 9am PST
Summer Development Camp: July 1st-4th
Player-Elected Arbitration: July 5th
Young Stars Classic Tournament: Sep. 13th-16th

Reactions: Bertuzzzi44

Bleach Clean

Aug 9, 2006
Look at the mileage and positional need of a guy like Roy vs Zadorov

Sekeres and Price [paraphrase] - Mikheyev's money going to Joshua signals walking away from Zadorov. Patrick Johnston adds: Yes, my sense is that they are at a number and if Zadorov wants to stay, he must take that number.

My guess is that this AAV is $4.5m, which if he does not take, goes to Toffoli/Carrier in Free Agency.

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
Hmmm, Shea Weber's LTIR contract only cost VGK a 5th to shed...what do you think it would cost?

That was a very specific cap floor move so Meruelo could save money. Poolman's contract doesn't accomplish that. There's no teams that will require that this season. Reading articles about the trade now, most were surprised it cost so little to move off him.

Reactions: Lat

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
Forget Guentzel, use that money for Necas, Pinto and Dillion instead.

Trade Silovs and Podkolzin for Necas.

Trade Willander for Pinto, this is a win now team and Willander won't be around for another year or two yet. Gets Ottawa cap relief to sign the Tanevs'.

Offer Dillion 3 mil avg for 3 years, 5, 3, 1. If they got Dillion then make an AHL trade, Juulsen for a 5th, Pettersson to learn the NHL defence, call up.

The Canucks come away with two future centers, size and youth. Players with, Pinto 4 and Necas 7 years in the league, not rookies.
Replacement for Boeser whose next contract will conflict with Demko and the doubling of the OEL buyout.

Four balanced lines, three scoring lines. A team where it is possible that Blueger, Joshua and Garland are the 4th line.

No particular order;

Necas - EP - Hoglander
Boeser - Miller - Pinto
Garland - Joshua - Blueger
Aman - Karlsson - Suter

Hronek - Hughes
Dillion - Zadorov
Soucy - Myers
Pettersson

OR Silovs, ? and Garland for Voronkov, Marchenko/Chinakhov and Jirieck then sign Toffoli if he will come.

Again no particular lines just put the names out there.
Toffoli - EP -Hoglander
Boeser - Miller - Suter
Marchenko - Voronkov - Aman
Joshua - Blueger - Karlsson
Podkolzin
Hronek - Hughes
Jirieck - Zadorov
Soucy - Myers
Pettersson/Juulsen

Both trade teams need goaltending and Silovs showed he is ready in the playoffs, just like Demko did when he got his chance.

It will be a fun day to day, lots of action
Trade Willander for Pinto?

Seriously are you sharing what you are having sounds like a wild trip?

Bleach Clean

Aug 9, 2006
- 1 (Silovs)
- 9.5 (Guentzel)
- 4.5 (Zad)
- 2.8 (Dillon)
= 690,000 left over.

That still means a LD playing RD and Juulsen in the top 6.

This, but switch Dillon with Myers.

I wonder if Zadorov walks and they see Pesce going to NJ, that they don't try for a Marino trade again? He fits right in with that $4.5m allocation.

The blocks of cap you have allocated make sense to me.

If Guentzel doesn't sign, then get two wingers for roughly $9.5m total.

kcunac

Aug 31, 2008
Ottawa
Please:
- Guentzel @ 9.0;
- Zads @ 5.25;
- Myers @ 2.5;
- Silovs @ 900K

Or some combinations of $ is all we have for a 22 man roster.

Edit: it’s really that 15% in the Mikheyev trade that’s going to cost us a 23 man roster

rea

Feb 8, 2011
Trade Willander for Pinto?

Seriously are you sharing what you are having sounds like a wild trip?
That 4th line looks like ass too lol. Not sure in what world the dak Garland blueger line could be considered 4th under these circumstances haha

Wisp

Nov 14, 2010
That was a very specific cap floor move so Meruelo could save money. Poolman's contract doesn't accomplish that. There's no teams that will require that this season. Reading articles about the trade now, most were surprised it cost so little to move off him.
I don't even know if there are any floor teams left. Panthers are a contender. Sens new ownership. Yotes in Utah with new owners who want to build something.

Columbus maybe? Anaheim?

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Unpopular opinion: I would love to see a sell high on Silovs

It's certainly not the worst idea I've heard, although I kind of doubt that 'selling high' is really all that high. Like a 2nd round pick or something.

I don't think he's good enough or established enough that anyone would trade for him as a starter and so you'd be looking at backup prices.

Reactions: quat and JT Milker

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
We need him because demko is made of glass
we're doomed anyway in that scenario imo, I know people are gonna point to the run this past year, I don't see that being repeatable with Silovs again.

It's certainly not the worst idea I've heard, although I kind of doubt that 'selling high' is really all that high. Like a 2nd round pick or something.

I don't think he's good enough or established enough that anyone would trade for him as a starter and so you'd be looking at backup prices.
Fair, I was thinking more as a piece in a trade to acquire a good top 6 winger, instead of a straight 1 for 1.

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
Unpopular opinion: I would love to see a sell high on Silovs
I don’t agree. Demko’s injury history is worrisome. They have two more years with Demko at his current ticket. If they can get Silovs a ton of games and work with him on the point shots, I don’t see why he can’t be a starter one day.

You lose a hedge option that we pretty badly need given Demko’s injury history

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
I don't even know if there are any floor teams left. Panthers are a contender. Sens new ownership. Yotes in Utah with new owners who want to build something.

Columbus maybe? Anaheim?

Sharks and Utah HC but both can pretty easily reach the floor without any outside help.

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
I don’t agree. Demko’s injury history is worrisome. They have two more years with Demko at his current ticket. If they can get Silovs a ton of games and work with him on the point shots, I don’t see why he can’t be a starter one day.

I think I'm just not as high on Silovs as most Canuck fans are, it's a contrarian opinion so I definitely don't expect most here to agree with me

Bertuzzzi44

Jun 26, 2018
hearing vets like Stamkos, Kane etc. are willing to take minimum on the last year of their contract to significantly lower the cap hit.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
we're doomed anyway in that scenario imo, I know people are gonna point to the run this past year, I don't see that being repeatable with Silovs again.

Fair, I was thinking more as a piece in a trade to acquire a good top 6 winger, instead of a straight 1 for 1.

But in that situation he'd still carry roughly the same value.

It depends how good he actually is, and I'm not sure.

Someone yesterday suggested paying for Stolarz and trading Silovs and Stolarz is a hell of a lot better than Silovs in the short term. But you'd be blowing about $2 million extra in cap space for a guy who theoretically doesn't play in the playoffs, which I don't think is necessarily the best idea.

Reactions: aregora

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
I think I'm just not as high on Silovs as most Canuck fans are, it's a contrarian opinion so I definitely don't expect most here to agree with me

i mean if he can’t figure out the point shots and consistency, he’s never going to be a starter so i get the concern. i’d just corner clark and tell him to make his best guess as to what silovs will be in 3 years and go from there

But in that situation he'd still carry roughly the same value.

It depends how good he actually is, and I'm not sure.

Someone yesterday suggested paying for Stolarz and trading Silovs and Stolarz is a hell of a lot better than Silovs in the short term. But you'd be blowing about $2 million extra in cap space for a guy who theoretically doesn't play in the playoffs, which I don't think is necessarily the best idea.

I posted about it earlier today, and Drance banged on the drum in R1, but I don’t think it’s a particularly bad idea.

League minimum 2/3 to fight with Silovs + Myers/Dillon OR Stolarz + league minimum bottom pair guy to fight with Juulsen/Brisebois/Friedman etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad