Canucks & NHL News, Rumours, and & Fantasy GM | Hold up, let Chef Allvin cook.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Last one was over 1,000. Continue here. Use this thread to discuss league-wide trade and free agent rumours. The Around the League thread is for coaching changes, league news, SCF chat, etc.

Vector's NHL Transaction Tracker.

Some Important Off-Season Dates

Buyout Period: June 27th, evening; players without NMCs must be placed on unconditional waivers 24 hours prior (another buyout period opens if a team has a player file for arbitration). This buyout period ends June 30th. 8:00pm.
Team-Elected Arbitration: June 26th, evening
NHL Awards: June 27th
Draft Day 01: June 28th
Draft Day 02: June 29th
Qualifying Offer Date: June 30th
Free Agency Opens: July 1st, 9am PST
Summer Development Camp: July 1st-4th
Player-Elected Arbitration: July 5th
Young Stars Classic Tournament: Sep. 13th-16th

Reactions: Bertuzzzi44

rea

Feb 8, 2011
For them LTIR debates.

• While on LTIR, Cap Space is no longer accrued, meaning any portion of the LTIR pool not used cannot be used later.
When a player is on LTIR, a team may exceed the salary cap. Despite the common misconception, LTIR does not remove a Cap Hit from a team’s overall Cap Hit, it just potentially allows the team to exceed the salary cap.

Reactions: aregora

theguardianII

Jan 30, 2020
lol no. You’re gonna have to add way more value to get Necas out of Carolina. Also Guentzel >>> Necas in the near term (where we are in our contention window). I’d rather take the star level winger (for free other than salary) over the top 6 winger (who will cost us all our prime assets). Necas should only be considered as a backup plan in case Guentzel does not choose us in FA
They are already shopping him around so they can sign him to their 9 mil X 8 offer (72 million), Canucks would need to offer over 10.25 X 7. (72 mil). Guentzel already lays on a powerhouse playoff favourite and formed chemistry already.

Miller would be thrilled considering he has put up more points carrying a line while Guentzel is a complimentary player

Hodgy

Feb 23, 2012
ES production. Guentzel is elite at it and extremely consistent. Other than 3/10 seasons in his career, Reinhart is not. Reinhart is better at other things but we already have the personnel for an elite PP and EP can handle the defensive heavy lifting for his line, we need raw ES production more than anything.

If Reinhart's production drops down to what it was for 7/10 seasons in his career including 22-23 in FLA, that contract is going to really hurt. Whereas there's nothing to indicate Guentzel is going to drop off anytime soon.
You can't really look at things like this in a vacuum though. Guentzel has by and large played with Crosby, a generational talent and instant hall of famer. And when he wasn't playing with Crosby I assume he played with Malkin. I wonder how Reinhart's production would look over the past ten years playing with Crosby or Malkin?

Reinhart was playing with scrubs in Buffalo, and while he certainly played with better players in Florida, its not like he has been playing with Crosby.

Of course Guentzel's play in Carolina, over a short sample size, as de-risked signing him.

Reactions: MS

Bertuzzzi44

Jun 26, 2018
Top 9 Winger Depth:

1. Boeser
2. Garland

3. Joshua
4. Sutter c/w
5. Hoglander

4th line Winger Depth:

6. Di Giuseppe
7. Podkolzin
8. Aman c/w
9. Karlsson
10. Bains

Need to add an elite top 6 winger.

Last edited:

StrictlyCommercial

Oct 28, 2006
Vancouver
For them LTIR debates.

• While on LTIR, Cap Space is no longer accrued, meaning any portion of the LTIR pool not used cannot be used later.
When a player is on LTIR, a team may exceed the salary cap. Despite the common misconception, LTIR does not remove a Cap Hit from a team’s overall Cap Hit, it just potentially allows the team to exceed the salary cap.
The bullet is what I was saying... I don't understand what the argument is here.

rea

Feb 8, 2011
It's now been 3 hours without a trade or signing.

This management group are gutless cowards.
1000026395.gif

Cancuks

Former Exalted Ruler
Jan 13, 2014
At the EI office
Not much cap room left after Guentzel and Zadorov signings. I'm guessing they won't offer over $9 million for Guentzel and $4.5 for Zadorov. Probably get Myers back for $2 million but need to give him 3 years. I'm not going to be happy if our RD is Hronek, Myers, Juulsen. This isn't good enough. Hopefully they'll leave some cap space for waivers and guys who overprice themselves on July 1.

How much cap space do we have now? Don't wanna go digging.
$18,490,833

Josepho

i want the bartkowski thread back
Jan 1, 2015
British Columbia
Looking ahead here, are there any players on very good contracts with term that could be reasonable deadline targets (like Blake Coleman a few years ago)? If we look to be a contender I think we should be doing a deal like that (Hoglander/1st/+)

rea

Feb 8, 2011
Me waiting to be entertained with the clubs next move 5min after the last move

1000026396.gif

Do something, the ghost of my attention span is leaving my body!

Jovofan

Apr 26, 2006
Vancouver, BC
How much cap space do we have now? Don't wanna go digging.
We've got about 18.5m left with 17 roster spots filled.

Still need to sign a backup goaltender, 2 DMen, 1 top six forward and then likely 2 farm bodies to makeup the final two depth forward spots for roughly 850k a piece.

EDIT - Assuming we get Silovs...or DeSmith for 1.0m and a 13th and 14th forward (plugging in Sasson and Bains just for frame of reference) we'll have 15.7m to fill up the last two D spots (which would leave Juulsen as our 6) and the forward.

It'll be tight to get both Guentzel and Zadorov to fit into that space, I don't think we'll be able to get both.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad