Canucks & NHL News, Rumours, and & Fantasy GM | Hold up, let Chef Allvin cook.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Last one was over 1,000. Continue here. Use this thread to discuss league-wide trade and free agent rumours. The Around the League thread is for coaching changes, league news, SCF chat, etc.

Vector's NHL Transaction Tracker.

Some Important Off-Season Dates

Buyout Period: June 27th, evening; players without NMCs must be placed on unconditional waivers 24 hours prior (another buyout period opens if a team has a player file for arbitration). This buyout period ends June 30th. 8:00pm.
Team-Elected Arbitration: June 26th, evening
NHL Awards: June 27th
Draft Day 01: June 28th
Draft Day 02: June 29th
Qualifying Offer Date: June 30th
Free Agency Opens: July 1st, 9am PST
Summer Development Camp: July 1st-4th
Player-Elected Arbitration: July 5th
Young Stars Classic Tournament: Sep. 13th-16th

Reactions: Bertuzzzi44

Jerry the great

Jul 8, 2022
wtf are you talking about. That is just delusional. Maybe your down on Petterson but he is still a player capable of putting up over 100 points a year, plays Selke caliber defensively and has played with marginal NHLers to do it.

Brady ain’t close to as good.
there isn't a GM in the game that would take Pettersson over Brady. Tkachuk is probably the apex predator in the game with an ability to generate high danger chances at an insane rate. he finishes a lot of them too. There are like two guys who generate high danger chances at a comparable clip (Matthews and Hymen) and neither of them hold a candle to Brady's physicality. Playoff Brady will be an absolute nightmare to contain....it will be impossible.

wonton15

Höglander
Dec 13, 2009

There definitely is a plan in place where none of Joshua/Zadorov come back. I’d say Zadorov still isn’t a foregone conclusion - the plan could be Guentzel/Dillon/another scorer like Duclair and additional depth.

Svencouver

Apr 8, 2015
Vancouver

There definitely is a plan in place where none of Joshua/Zadorov come back. I’d say Zadorov still isn’t a foregone conclusion - the plan could be Guentzel/Dillon/another scorer like Duclair and additional depth.

It's nice that in any case, they have plenty of options. Plans, back-up plans, and back-up plans for their back-up plans. Tremendously refreshing after the Benning years of no plans.

rea

Feb 8, 2011
It's not really about propping up Petey, it's about complementing him.

Stupid to pay EP all that money and then continually give him scrubs to play with.
Yea for sure, I jsut don't think a 9m player is necessary to complement him.

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
Now that we have all this cap space, I'd also like to add a right-shot centre to the shopping list, ideally to bump Blueger down to 4C again.

oceanchild

Jul 5, 2009
Whitehorse, YT
there isn't a GM in the game that would take Pettersson over Brady. Tkachuk is probably the apex predator in the game with an ability to generate high danger chances at an insane rate. he finishes a lot of them too. There are like two guys who generate high danger chances at a comparable clip (Matthews and Hymen) and neither of them hold a candle to Brady's physicality. Playoff Brady will be an absolute nightmare to contain....it will be impossible.
Wingers don’t hold the same value as centers and EP is the better player in addition to playing the premium position.

Reactions: MarkusNaslund19

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
If they can get Joshua and Zadorov to take a little less money that should leave enough for Guentzel, Silovs, and at least one more defenceman. Maybe two.

What's a little less? Assuming they take $8M combined (so $3.5M + $4.5M), you add Guentzel at probably $9.5M, and you've spent $17.5M of your ~$20.8M. That's before you sign Myers, so you're basically looking for two right-side D; one for the second pair.

Lindgren

Jun 30, 2005
Every once in a while I have to pinch myself that we have competent management again. Getting Blueger to extend at a paycut, and then offloading Mikheyev’s contract hours later while giving up a 2nd three years from now is a really nice evening of work. Damn.

Excited to see what Allvin has in store next. These next few days are going to be pivotal for this franchise, methinks.
A post of yours from earlier today, referencing the previous management group, reminded me of the most bizarre exchange I've had on the board. i said something about a future GM needing to understand certain logical concepts, such as the sunk cost fallacy, or opportunity cost. A poster responded that opportunity cost was too complicated a factor to be accurately measured in hockey transactions.

The poster's writing style was kind of bombastic and pseud- intellectual. I speculated that he'd majored in English at an elite university. He hadn't posted much, and he wasn't around much longer ... Could I have been right?

And yes, I, too, pinch myself.

oceanchild

Jul 5, 2009
Whitehorse, YT
What's a little less? Assuming they take $8M combined (so $3.5M + $4.5M), you add Guentzel at probably $9.5M, and you've spent $17.5M of your ~$20.8M. That's before you sign Myers, so you're basically looking for two right-side D; one for the second pair.
Then you ship garland to make the numbers work. Maybe get a cheap RHD option back.

Just A Bit Outside

Playoffs??!
Mar 6, 2010
A post of yours from earlier today, referencing the previous management group, reminded me of the most bizarre exchange I've had on the board. i said something about a future GM needing to understand certain logical concepts, such as the sunk cost fallacy, or opportunity cost. A poster responded that opportunity cost was too complicated a factor to be accurately measured in hockey transactions.

The poster's writing style was kind of bombastic and pseud- intellectual. I speculated that he'd majored in English at an elite university. He hadn't posted much, and he wasn't around much longer ... Could I have been right?

And yes, I, too, pinch myself.

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown

Ideally you get them for a combined 0.50m-1m less. Adds a bit of wiggle room for a slight upgrade on Juulsen.

It sounds like they want Juulsen as the 3rd pairing RD. I don’t agree with it but that’s been what they’ve said so far.

Izzy Goodenough

Oct 11, 2020
Now acquire HOF's Shea Weber from the Utes and they will have 8M more to play with.

1719467059221.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad