Canucks & NHL News, Rumours, and & Fantasy GM | Chaos Undivided

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
Last one was over 1,000. Continue here. Use this thread to discuss league-wide trade and free agent rumours. The Around the League thread is for coaching changes, league news, etc.

Vector's NHL Transaction Tracker.

Some Important Off-Season Dates

Buyout Period: June 27th, evening; players without NMCs must be placed on unconditional waivers 24 hours prior (another buyout period opens if a team has a player file for arbitration). This buyout period ends June 30th. 8:00pm.
Team-Elected Arbitration: June 26th, evening
NHL Awards: June 27th
Draft Day 01: June 28th
Draft Day 02: June 29th
Qualifying Offer Date: June 30th
Free Agency Opens: July 1st, 9am PST
Summer Development Camp: July 1st-4th
Player-Elected Arbitration: July 5th
Young Stars Classic Tournament: Sep. 13th-16th

Reactions: mathonwy

Tact

Jul 9, 2006
Perhaps they were trying to call JR/PA bluff and try and squeeze more money.

Wrong play - these guys don’t mess around - they will trade and/or move on immediately. Especially if you’re going to leave him in the air without an answer - they do not wait for you.

Reactions: wonton15

Izzy Goodenough

Oct 11, 2020
So how many assets collectively did they flush for a few months of Zadorov and Lindholm exactly?

Why didn't they request a conversation with their respective agents about the specific cost of resigning them before they traded for them?

Their asset management is bad and better improve.

• Haha
Reactions: MarkusNaslund19

wonton15

Höglander
Dec 13, 2009
So how many assets collectively did they flush for a few months of Zadorov and Lindholm exactly?

Why didn't they request a conversation with their respective agents about the specific cost of resigning them before they traded for them?

I have never blocked or ignored a poster before but you are about to be my first

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013

its been stated from the moment that they got lindholm that they’re content with him being a rental

… did you want them to return the exact same team?

Cancuks

Former Exalted Ruler
Jan 13, 2014
At the EI office
Use Zadorov's money to sign Tanev. If Dillon can't be signed for a reasonable amount ($3 million max) then try trading for McNabb as Vegas needs cap space. There's always a ton of LD on the market so it's more important to build the best right side possible.

mriswith

Oct 12, 2011

Oh no we lost a 3rd in the Zad trade as a contender stocking up for the deadline. What a disaster.

Tact

Jul 9, 2006

We were first in the league - you’re actively complaining that our GMs bought rentals to try and win a cup?

Seriously? Would you rather they do nothing because of asset management and not do everything in their power to try and win for the fans and players of this team?

They tried to re-sign both to reasonable deals and they couldn’t - Life moves on.

Reactions: MarkusNaslund19

Bertuzzzi44

Jun 26, 2018
Biggest team needs:

1. Elite Top 6 Winger
2. Top 4 Physical Defenceman

3. 3rd line Centre
4. Back up goalie
5. 6th D

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016
He can go up and down without waivers. Dhaliwal isn't sure why the Canucks are now looking for an NHL back-up. I think they are concerned about Demko's durability and don't want to leave Silovs without an experienced back-up if he's pressed into starting duty.

makes sense to get a backup good enough that he would not clear waivers. they can still call up silovs by sending a skater down to abby even without an injury.

not sure why they were leaning the other way, but recall desmith was more or less an opportunistic move last year as the way to get rid of pearson.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
I spit out my coffee when I saw AFP has Toffoli at 4x$6M. Who da F is gonna give him that. Hopefully not us.

My guesses on him are all over the place. I could see him taking a 1 or 2 year deal with the right contender, probably for between $4 and $5M. But could also see him going for some term (3-4 years or more) and being less selective about which team offers it.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Toronto media seem convinced that tanev is going there and confident they're getting Zadorov too.

I'd bet alot right now Tanev is coming here to finish his career. The team and Hughes connection is too strong.

I would agree that, especially in light of all the latest buzz, I think a Tanev/Vancouver reunion on Monday would be the least shocking thing to occur.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad