Canucks & NHL News, Rumours, and & Fantasy GM | Chaos Undivided

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
Last one was over 1,000. Continue here. Use this thread to discuss league-wide trade and free agent rumours. The Around the League thread is for coaching changes, league news, etc.

Vector's NHL Transaction Tracker.

Some Important Off-Season Dates

Buyout Period: June 27th, evening; players without NMCs must be placed on unconditional waivers 24 hours prior (another buyout period opens if a team has a player file for arbitration). This buyout period ends June 30th. 8:00pm.
Team-Elected Arbitration: June 26th, evening
NHL Awards: June 27th
Draft Day 01: June 28th
Draft Day 02: June 29th
Qualifying Offer Date: June 30th
Free Agency Opens: July 1st, 9am PST
Summer Development Camp: July 1st-4th
Player-Elected Arbitration: July 5th
Young Stars Classic Tournament: Sep. 13th-16th

Reactions: mathonwy

Bojack Horvatman

IAMGROOT
Jun 15, 2016
I'm warming up to Y2K's idea of getting Laine. I'd look at trading Hoglander for him if we can get some retention, or working out some kind of deal that fits for the Canucks.

He's been in a crappy situation but has the time and skill to turn it around. Could be a dominant player and certainly has the size, unlike guys like Cam Atkinson or Jeff Skinner.

I am as well. It's risky, but could be the Phil Kessel to Pittsburgh trade if it works out.

UrbanImpact

Apr 12, 2021
Too much smoke around Dillon for there to not be fire. He's been rumored for a few years now.

Holding out hope we can somehow get Dillon, Tanev and Toffoli on July 1.
Wayy too slow

I'd love :

Dillon
Tanev
Duhaine

and an Ehlers trade for Hoglander and 1st.

Suter- Miller-Boeser
Ehlers- Ep40- Podz
Josuhua- Bleuger- Garland
PDG-Aman-Duhaine

Hughes- Tanev
Soucy- Hronek
Dillon- Myers

Demko
Silovs

yessss please!

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016
Would have much rather just kept Zadorov than move additional assets for Marino.

Allvin sounds more intelligible than Benning and English isn't even his first language.
marino is maybe a smarter team building mode. he is 27 and signed for 3 years at 4.4. his cap hit and skill set is a potential great fit to pair with hughes and allows us to run a second line with hronek and soucy where they can blast away, and puts myers into pk and bottom pair role.

Snatcher Demko

High-End Intangibles
Oct 8, 2006
The last thing the Canucks need is another tiny winger, which is what worries me a bit about Guentzel. That said, Guentzel plays as hard as nails and has the history to prove it. But the guy will be 30 as well - there's a huge risk for years 3-7.

Laine has a different set of risks for sure.

VanillaCoke

Oct 30, 2013
Montour heading to FA.

He'll get a terrible contract immediately. Not the same player as their first Cup run.
I don't like montour but he'd be a very good fit in toronto, big upgrade on Morgan offensively, PP and transition wise.

Too much smoke around Dillon for there to not be fire. He's been rumored for a few years now.

Holding out hope we can somehow get Dillon, Tanev and Toffoli on July 1.
We're getting all three under ten million.

Reactions: JimmyJiveJones

wonton15

Höglander
Dec 13, 2009
My main takeaway from the Allvin presser is that he repeatedly implied Zadorov/Milstein wanted too much and weren’t bought in to be part of the puzzle. Definitely seemed to draw a very hard line.

Reactions: SeawaterOnIce
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad