Canucks & NHL News, Rumours, and & Fantasy GM | Chaos Undivided

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
Last one was over 1,000. Continue here. Use this thread to discuss league-wide trade and free agent rumours. The Around the League thread is for coaching changes, league news, etc.

Vector's NHL Transaction Tracker.

Some Important Off-Season Dates

Buyout Period: June 27th, evening; players without NMCs must be placed on unconditional waivers 24 hours prior (another buyout period opens if a team has a player file for arbitration). This buyout period ends June 30th. 8:00pm.
Team-Elected Arbitration: June 26th, evening
NHL Awards: June 27th
Draft Day 01: June 28th
Draft Day 02: June 29th
Qualifying Offer Date: June 30th
Free Agency Opens: July 1st, 9am PST
Summer Development Camp: July 1st-4th
Player-Elected Arbitration: July 5th
Young Stars Classic Tournament: Sep. 13th-16th

Reactions: mathonwy

UrbanImpact

Apr 12, 2021
Were going for size for sure on Monday.

Dillon and Duhaime..

I love it. win or lose, teams arent going to come out healthy in a 7 game series vs us.

We just need to complement it with speed and skill in our top 6.

Reactions: ratbid

VanillaCoke

Oct 30, 2013
I definitely don’t think Zadorov and Milstein thought Allvin would say “CYA” on June 28. Milstein even said they wouldn’t revisit discussions till he was done with the draft .
I think after kuz and miks contracts went very
sideways Allvin and Co had enough, especially the way they worded it as "Nikita chose to go elsewhere"

We gave him a big offer, greedy bitch millstein wants the extra 500k or whatever again and they're sick of his bs.

BenningHurtsMySoul

Unfair Huggy Bear
Mar 18, 2008
Port Coquitlam, BC
Milstein’s plan was to drag it out over the weekend and thought he was in a power of position. Allvin shutting him down and then announcing it publicly within the hour is such a power move.

I'm pretty sure things between Milstein and the Canucks went sour months ago when Kuzmenko was dealt. They went from two peas in a pod to jilted ex-lovers.

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016
so with our cap situation and the numbers i see, i think if milstein could have talked mikheyev into waiving for the sharks in a deal with no retention then zadorov might be signed by now. as it is, our magic number for dman help is apparently around $4.5m with the new marino rumour(he is $4.4m aav). not sure how we can afford that if guentzel signs for over $9m but i guess there is a way.

moiderer

Jul 28, 2021
Vancouver
It was a different one, it mentioned melstein Specifically about zadorov.

There were no laughing emojis

I guess it doesn’t matter, nobody has the screenshot.

I think it was just a slip up
I saw it. Wasn't much of anything so I didn't think of screenshotting.

Just said it was a tough year with all the Milstein clients leaving (Kuzmenko, Mikheyev, Zadorov). Not sure why he deleted it.

Reactions: Canucks LB

Snatcher Demko

High-End Intangibles
Oct 8, 2006
I'm warming up to Y2K's idea of getting Laine. I'd look at trading Hoglander for him if we can get some retention, or working out some kind of deal that fits for the Canucks.

He's been in a crappy situation but has the time and skill to turn it around. Could be a dominant player and certainly has the size, unlike guys like Cam Atkinson or Jeff Skinner.

RandV

It's a wolf v2.0
Jul 29, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
Somebody give me some reassurance on a decent plan if all the big guns are gone?

Because I’m struggling to find a good combination here.

Baring we make some massive trade
Personally I think you have to take a step back and look at this as something you don't have to solve right now. Getting a good winger for Pettersson is a mid-long term commitment, and if the Canucks can't get Guentzel/Reinhart now there will be other opportunities down the road either through trade, deadline rental, and next years market.

The Canucks are good enough to start the season without, and the next Guentzel would just be the priority for this seasons trade deadline.

Quinton Byfield

Jul 25, 2021
I definitely don’t think Zadorov and Milstein thought Allvin would say “CYA” on June 28. Milstein even said they wouldn’t revisit discussions till he was done with the draft .
It could be a "We are going to trade you Elias if you don't sign" kinda move. So it comes down to, how bad does Zadorov really want to stay?

I'm going to take PA at face value though, and maybe we'll all be surprised. I think when Myers re-signed, that all but closed the door on Zadorov.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
But obviously that performance drew notice around the league and he and his agent Dan Milstein are expecting he will get some big offers when free agency opens on Monday.

“I will share my thoughts sometime next week,” Milstein said when asked for comment. (He has as many as 15 clients set to be drafted this weekend, including as many as six in the first round on Friday.)

Link: Nikita Zadorov to hit free agency, Canucks GM Patrick Allvin confirms

Milstein is pissed.

BenningHurtsMySoul

Unfair Huggy Bear
Mar 18, 2008
Port Coquitlam, BC
so with our cap situation and the numbers i see, i think if milstein could have talked mikheyev into waiving for the sharks in a deal with no retention then zadorov might be signed by now. as it is, our magic number for dman help is apparently around $4.5m with the new marino rumour(he is $4.4m aav). not sure how we can afford that if guentzel signs for over $9m but i guess there is a way.
Would have much rather just kept Zadorov than move additional assets for Marino.

Allvin sounds more intelligible than Benning and English isn't even his first language.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad