Status
Not open for further replies.

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
Last one was over 1,000. Continue here.

Vector's NHL Transaction Tracker.

Some Important Off-Season Dates

Buyout Period: 48 hours after the SCF; players without NMCs must be placed on unconditional waivers 24 hours prior (another buyout period opens if a team has a player file for arbitration)
Team-Elected Arbitration: 48 hours after the SCF
Draft Day 01: June 28th
Draft Day 02: June 29th
Qualifying Offer Date: July 1st
Free Agency Opens: July 1st, 9am PST
Summer Development Camp: July 1st-4th
Player-Elected Arbitration: July 5th
Young Stars Classic Tournament: Sep. 13th-16th

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Vector

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
Based on the more solid rumours out there at the moment.

RFAs:
Hronek - 7.5m
Silovs - 1.0m

UFAs:
Guentzel - 9.5m
Dillon - 2.8m
Myers - 2.75m
Blueger - 2.2m

Suter-Pettersson-Boeser
Hoglander-Miller-Guentzel
???-Blueger-Garland
PDG-Aman-Podkolzin
Mikheyev

Hughes-Hronek
Soucy-Myers
Dillon-???
Juulsen

Demko
Silovs

Cap Space: 1.78m
Roster: 20/23

Moving Mikheyev would increase the capspace to around 6.5m for 4 spots. 2 of those spots would be regulars and the other two healthy scratches. I wouldn't be surprised if Linus Karlsson is signed to a one-way near-minimum contract and is the 13th forward or they bring in someone like Jost on the same contract.
Makes it clear how imperative dumping Mikheyev is. They can pretty much accomplish all their offseason shopping needs if they can get off him cleanly. Obviously doesn't appear to be so easy to do this though.

racerjoe

Jun 3, 2012
Vancouver
I think this is pretty good.

But personally, I don't think we can go into the season with an aging Myers in the top four.

I think I would prefer signing Tanev at $5 million, and passing on one or both of Myers and Dillon, and then filling out the bottom pairing with what's left of the cap. Its interesting though because that will definitely hurt our depth, but again, I don't want an aging Myers in the top four, and we can more easily acquire bottom pairing defensemen during the season.
I wouldn't mind, because we can always upgrade in season. It's one of the things I really liked about our management is how active they were and how much they upgraded the roster as the season went.

A Liljegren trade seems pretty similar to Dermott, but without the flat cap. In other words, you are relying on your professional scouting being better than the Leafs internal scouting / coaching because the Leafs certainly do need cost controlled defended, so if they are getting rid of Liljegren, then there are definitely a lot of warning signs.
The Leafs maybe flipping him so they can re-sign Marner... Dreger has started to float they may do it. It would be pretty freaking funny IMO.

pitseleh

Jul 30, 2005
Vancouver
Makes it clear how imperative dumping Mikheyev is. They can pretty much accomplish all their offseason shopping needs if they can get off him cleanly. Obviously doesn't appear to be so easy to do this though.
My guess is they will see if Mikheyev’s market changes after the big UFAs are off the board, in the event some team that has trouble attracting free agents strikes out. That might lower the price to dump him. They can also avoid backing themselves into a corner if it is true that Myers and Blueger are willing to wait on the Canucks to make space.

Jerry the great

Jul 8, 2022
My guess is they will see if Mikheyev’s market changes after the big UFAs are off the board, in the event some team that has trouble attracting free agents strikes out. That might lower the price to dump him. They can also avoid backing themselves into a corner if it is true that Myers and Blueger are willing to wait on the Canucks to make space.
Timing is an obvious problem there. Guentzel, Joshua and Zadorov are going to receive immediate and likely overwhelming interest as soon as the clock strikes noon. A market for Mikheyev probably doesn't materialize for days possibly weeks after.

pitseleh

Jul 30, 2005
Vancouver
Timing is an obvious problem there. Guentzel, Joshua and Zadorov are going to receive immediate and likely overwhelming interest as soon as the clock strikes noon. A market for Mikheyev probably doesn't materialize for days possibly weeks after.
Yeah, that’s why I mentioned Blueger and Myers - they will probably get close to Mikheyev’s salary together and rumours have been they are willing to wait on the team.

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
Not surprised there is pull-back in pending UFA negotiations with now under two weeks until July 1. You are basically negotiating against the market already, nobody is signing without seeing what the market will say at this point.

Hronek is the only interesting domino left. I'd expect anyone else coming back to sign post-July 1. Seems like they're waiting to see on Guentzel before committing more dollars anyway.

VanillaCoke

Oct 30, 2013
Either Kane in a canucks jersey would make me puke and I'm less a hater of both than most.

StickShift

In a pickle 🥒
Feb 29, 2004
New York
Based on the more solid rumours out there at the moment.

RFAs:
Hronek - 7.5m
Silovs - 1.0m

UFAs:
Guentzel - 9.5m
Dillon - 2.8m
Myers - 2.75m
Blueger - 2.2m

Suter-Pettersson-Boeser
Hoglander-Miller-Guentzel
???-Blueger-Garland
PDG-Aman-Podkolzin
Mikheyev

Hughes-Hronek
Soucy-Myers
Dillon-???
Juulsen

Demko
Silovs

Cap Space: 1.78m
Roster: 20/23

Moving Mikheyev would increase the capspace to around 6.5m for 4 spots. 2 of those spots would be regulars and the other two healthy scratches. I wouldn't be surprised if Linus Karlsson is signed to a one-way near-minimum contract and is the 13th forward or they bring in someone like Jost on the same contract.
If they can trade a 3rd/5th to get Guentzel on that 8th year and lower the AAV even just a little bit—it makes the cap calculus that much easier.

It could also be the difference between having Dillon as a core player or having Zadorov.

Filling out our complementary third line wingers and 6th/7th defensemen isn’t a critical solve for July 1st. Our farm can pinch hit if we need to. Allvin showed last year he was willing to wait well into the year to finish constructing his roster.

I also think Silovs will be ground down to 800k on a 1y deal.

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
This reads as pretty much only SJ.

Find a way to dump him there or they might not be able to hard after the big free agents.

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
Heck of a guess, Vector, nice work. Personally, I thought they might go the short-term bridge route, but this makes sense on a long term deal.

AFP does good work! They've been pretty close on all of their projections so far. The real test will be the UFA predictions, though.

i think silovs is going to be cheaper than 1M. closer to like 900K lol

I'm thinking he gets the Hoglander/Podkolzin type deal. $1M AAV - maybe $900K in year one, and $1.1M in year two.

Like Mr. C says, I think he gets the Podkozlin 2y/1m contract. AFP agrees as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad