Canucks News, Rumours, and & Fantasy GM | Some Like it Hot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
Here’s my spreadsheet for upcoming UFAs, each team’s cap situation, and a trade tracker. I update the spreadsheet daily. I use CapFriendly to create this list and AFP Analytics for the contract projections.

Edit: Spreadsheet has been updated with AFP's latest projections and I added a new section for RFAs.

Top-6 Forwards
Sam ReinhartRW288y/10.25m
Jake GuentzelW296y/7.94m
Steven StamkosLW/C343y/6.30m
Jonathan MarchessaultW333y/6.25m
Joe PavelskiRW391y/3.94m
Matt DucheneRW/C333y/6.46m
Sean MonahanFW293y/2.87m
Tyler ToffoliW325y/6.53m
Jonathan DrouinW294y/4.46m
Teuvo TeravainenW295y/6.13m
Vladimir TarasenkoRW323y/5.64m
Adam HenriqueLW/C342y/4.60m
Chandler StephensonC/LW305y/5.77m
Max DomiC/RW293y/4.17m
Patrick KaneRW352y/5.51m
Elias LindholmC/RW297y/8.04m
Anthony ManthaW293y/4.40m
Daniel SprongW273y/3.89m
Jake DeBruskW275y/5.92m
David PerronW362y/2.80m
Tyler BertuzziW295y/6.00m
Anthony DuclairW283y/3.22m
Jason ZuckerW323y/5.46m
Jack RoslovicC/RW273y/3.11m
Max PaciorettyLW35
Alexander BarabanovW303y/3.03m

Top-4 Defecemen
Shayne GostisbehereLD/RD313y/4.38m
Brady SkjeiLD306y/7.39m
Noah HanifinLD277y/7.69m
Brandon MontourRD307y/8.71m
Oliver Ekman-LarssonLD323y/3.67m
Dylan DeMeloRD314y/5.07m
Sean WalkerLD/RD294y/4.87m
Matt RoyRD294y/5.58m
TJ BrodieLD/RD343y/4.91m
Brenden DillonLD332y/3.91m
Alexandre CarrierRD273y/3.57m
Nikita ZadorovLD/RD294y/5.10m
Chris TanevRD343y/4.68m
Brett PesceRD296y/6.72m
Matt GrzelcykLD303y/4.07m
Oliver KylingtonLD/RD27

Bottom-6 Forwards
James van RiemsdykW351y/1.50m
Warren FoegeleW284y/3.58m
Stefan NoesenW312y/3.23m
Danton HeinenW28
Tyler JohnsonFW33
Alexander WennbergC294y/4.21m
Jordan MartinookW312y/2.79m
Dakota JoshuaLW283y/3.00m
Michael AmadioW28
Teddy BluegerC/LW292y/2.56m
Sam LaffertyFW292y/1.72m
Kiefer SherwoodW29
Mike HoffmanLW341y/1.86m
Tomas TatarW331y/2.21m
Kyle OkposoRW361y/1.96m
Kasperi KapanenRW27
Andrew CoglianoLW37
Jakob SilfverbergW332y/2.78m
Cal ClutterbuckRW36
Corey PerryRW39
Patrick MaroonW36
Yakov TreninLW/C273y/3.33m
Dominik KubalikW282y/1.34m
Anthony BeauvillierW27
Sam CarrickC/RW32
Tanner PearsonLW31
Zemgus GirgensonsLW/C302y/1.74m
Colin BlackwellC/RW31
Brandon DuhaimeW27
Nick CousinsLW/C30
Connor BrownW30
Joel KivirantaW28
William CarrierLW293y/2.68m
Tyler MotteW293y/2.55m
Samuel BlaisW281y/0.94m
Tyson JostC26

Bottom-Pairing Defencemen
Erik GustafssonLD323y/4.99m
Tyler MyersRD342y/2.67m
Justin SchultzRD332y/3.81m
Kevin ShattenkirkRD351y/1.37m
Jalen ChatfieldRD283y/2.77m
Mike ReillyLD301y/1.24m
Dmitry KulikovLD/RD33
Alec MartinezLD361y/1.7m
Tyson BarrieRD322y/3.72m
Jani HakanpaaRD322y/2.38m
Vincent DesharnaisRD282y/1.41m
Ian ColeLD/RD352y/3.09m
Matt DumbaRD293y/3.73m
Colin MillerRD31
Mark GiordanoLD401y/3.11m
Marco ScandellaLD34
Calvin De HaanLD/RD33
Josh BrownRD30
Ilya LyubushkinRD301y/1.31m
Joel EdmundsonLD/RD31
Troy StecherRD30
Derek ForbortLD32
Erik JohnsonRD361y/1.13m

Forward Depth
Christian FischerW27
Craig SmithRW34
Victor OlofssonW28
Trevor LewisRW/C37
Justin BaileyRW29
Kevin StenlundC/RW27
Jeff CarterRW/C39
Ryan CarpenterRW/C33
Nicolas Aube-KubelRW282y/1.53m
AJ GreerW27
Liam O'BrienW29
Chris TierneyC30
Mattias JanmarkW31
Sam GagnerRW/C34
Brendan SmithLD/RD35
Eric RobinsonLW29
Zach PariseLW39
Kevin LabancW282y/1.94m
Fredrik OlofssonC/LW28
Alex Barre-BouletW27
Matt MartinW35
Radim ZohornaW28
Pierre-Edouard BellemareC/LW39
Tyler PitlickRW32
Austin WatsonW32
Tomas NosekLW/C31
Jansen HarkinsLW27
Rourke ChartierC28
Steven LorentzFW28

Defensive Depth
Jack JohnsonLD37
Vincent DesharnaisRD282y/1.41m
Anthony DeangeloRD282y/1.80m
Jarred TinordiLD32
Sebastian AhoLD28
Dakota MermisLD/RD30
Jacob MacDonaldLD/RD31
Dennis GilbertLD27
Nikita ZaitsevRD32
Nick DeSimoneRD29
Travis DermottLD/RD27
Caleb JonesLD/RD27
Chad RuhwedelRD34
William LagesonLD/RD28

Goaltenders
Cam TalbotG361y/1.89m
Ilya SamsonovG272y/3.26m
Alex NedeljkovicG282y/2.00m
Kaapo KahkonenG272y/2.93m
Scott WedgewoodG312y/1.57m
Casey DeSmithG321y/2.02m
Anthony StolarzG302y/1.91m
James ReimarG36
Antti RaantaG351y/1.31m
David RittichG31
Kevin LankinenG291y/1.58m
Laurent BrossoitG312y/1.95m
Calvin PickardG32
Martin JonesG34

Last edited:

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec

Drance and Dhaliwal on the Canucks off-season priorities and plans.

-Wednesday morning Allvin, Rutherford, and Tocchet held a high-level meeting to discuss the off-season
-amateur scouts are meeting this week
-pro scout meetings begin next week
-off-season goals:
  • dynamic scoring punch at the top of the lineup
  • reconstruct the defence corps
  • maintain some of the size advantage
-are aware they need to add more skill and creativity to the forward group
-will be aggressive in adding a top-6 forward who can contribute to generating shots and goals
-will move aggressively in free agency to replace those who leave
-want Bains, Podkolzin, and others in the AHL to step into full-time roles

Hronek:
-all indications is that Hronek's preference is to stay and meet somewhere in the middle
-little progress in talks between Allan Walsh and Canucks' management; haven't been negotiations in months
-if the Canucks thought he was worth 8m, they would have already signed him
-no formal offers and counter-offers were exchanged
-no urgency from either side

Lindholm:
-Canucks will at least check in with Lindholm's agent to gauge whether they can keep him
-7-8m is too much for the team
-Lindholm and Joshua are the team's top priorities

Joshua:
-mention that his cap hit could be pushed north of 4m
-lots of term will help bring the cap hit down (uses Nick Paul and Pierre Engvall as examples)
-management is aware that they may have to consider "getting a bit uncomfortalbe" with term to keep the cap hits low

Zadorov:
-internal understanding that he may have priced himself out
-Milstein is looking for big term
-Canucks know what it will take to get a deal done here
-cap hit that starts with 5m and long term

Myers:
-Canucks and Myers both want to be back
-not going to sign for 2m
-multiyear deal just over 3m could be appealing to the Canucks
-belived if he gets to free agency could get over 4m with term
-internal feeling that it's important to keep at least one of their big blueliners

Blueger:
-will push hard to re-sign
-sense they need to keep him because will likely lose Lindholm

Cole:
-Cole cut his ankle in game two, required stitches, and needed a lot of extra prep to play each game afterwards; this impacted his mobility
-lots of respect
-not convinced he's a priority

Colliton:
-there's a disagreement between the Canucks Colliton and both sides have been exploring other opportunities
-last week it was reported that both sides were open to continuing the relationship but something has changed behind the scenes
-resolution, one way or another, is coming shortly

Silovs & DeSmith:
-with Silovs post-season play, Canucks will not be bringing back DeSmith
-Silovs will likely be the back-up next season

Karlsson:
-has drawn interest from top teams in Sweden (he's an RFA)
-his preference is to remain in North America
-is a favourite of Tocchet

LTIR:
-operating in LTIR is something management doesn't like doing
-not willing to part with draft picks or future assets to get rid of the contract
-if the Canucks do trade picks and prospects it will be for roster players

Can't say I'm necessarily a fan of Myers over 3M and Joshua can go wherever if he wants more than 4M. On the flipside, I'm fine giving him huge term if it's 3M.

What I really don't like is management seemingly not willing to take advantage of cap shenanigans, be it LTIR or paying to dump players. I get the feeling we're going to keep Mikheyev which will be frustrating to say the least. I just don't see the point if teams are willing to take his contract for a 2nd, we don't simply pay it.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
They will definitely being qualifying Karlsson. He can still sign in Sweden even if they qualify him. The issue is whether they feel he has a realistic shot at making the club. Bains will be 24 years old next season with 2 full seasons in the AHL. He's already played more AHL games than Hoglander and Podkolzin combined. If he doesn't make the team or at some point next season, there's not much hope for him as a prospect.

They've preferred to run with 8 defencemen, and it's my preference as well, but I can see them going with 14 forwards instead.

I was never a huge fan of Karlsson and kind of wrote him off after 22-23 but he really found something in the 2nd half this year in the AHL and became a much more complete player who found ways to contribute at ES while working around his skating issues. And he's an intelligent system player who doesn't hurt you at the NHL level.

He's never going to be an asset that carries much value but I can see where the team would want to keep him and where he'll get NHL games next year, and I think it would be a lousy career move for him to go back to Europe.

podkolzin has over 200 professional games now and he's shown zero improvement from his first training camp. he's just not the player the team thought they were selecting. i wouldn't be surprised if he cleared waivers at the start of next season

This is true offensively but he had a major breakthrough last year in terms of physical play and doing what's required to be a serviceable NHL 4th liner. Threw 84 hits in 79 games as a rookie, 70 in 19 games last year and they're stiff hits too.

The ship has sailed on him being anything more than a depth player but if he can continue what he did to close the season he's an NHL 4th liner and there isn't a chance in hell a young physical player like that (especially with top-10 pedigree) would clear waivers.

Can't see Lindholm coming back.

Apparently Utah might be interested in him now as well.

Too many suitors with much more cap space and the ability to offer more AAV.

So unless he takes a deep discount (unlikely), he's a goner.

Lindholm was never coming back unless Pettersson had forced a trade. It doesn't make sense on any level and the contract he gets will be a bad one for somebody.

vancityluongo

curse of the strombino
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2006
Edmonton
One team to keep an eye on is the Flyers. If they don't extend Konecny, there's a good chance he's traded now. They've been firmly committed to rebuilding even when they were in the playoff race.

speaking of philly...

in case you're bored after finish the other multiple lists you're working through, i'd be curious to see what's out there for players between the ages of 27 and 31 with two or more years remaining (expiring 2026 or beyond), with limited trade protection and ideally on re-tool/bubble/mediocre teams - philly, washington, nyi, pittsburgh, ottawa, st. louis, calgary, seattle, minnesota, etc.

essentially teams that would covet 22-25 year old nhl'ers vs prospects, regardless of cap hit (silovs, hronek, hoglander, maybe podkolzin, aman or karlsson being our biggest assets in that category) and would look to acquire them in exchange for "better" players (ie. konecny, scott laughton, morgan frost, michael bunting, oliver bjorkstrand, brandon saad)

i don't think any gm is stupid enough to give up a future forsling for a clendening (ie. brisebois or hirose), and i wouldn't want to part with the prospects needed to get the coveted rfa's like schneider or byfield, if we even have them. elc players are very valued, and for good reason.

but cashing in on the future value of a guy like hoglander to get a player in their prime right now with some cost control could be interesting

been browsing capfriendly so i have some sense of who is out there, but figured you're the list expert!

Reactions: Vector

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec
View attachment 874804
Technically we could have a roster like this, there is still like 8.8M to spend to fill out like the D and the wing and maybe get a better3/4C.
We really need to figure out how to get rid of Tucker f***ing Poolman's stupid ass contract so we can accumulate cap to use during TDL. f***ing Benning with his BS contracts.

Guentzel isn't signing for less than 9.5-10M. He supposedly turned down a little over 9M from Pittsburgh.

We better find some incredible diamonds in the rough to fill out that third and fourth line because it's getting ripped to shreds otherwise.

Reactions: Nucker101

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
Guentzel isn't signing for less than 9.5-10M. He supposedly turned down a little over 9M from Pittsburgh.

We better find some incredible diamonds in the rough to fill out that third and fourth line because it's getting ripped to shreds otherwise.
Also, give me Garland over Bertuzzi. Bertuzzi isn't good unless he's paired with better linemates. Not a fan of 5.5M for a winger who can't be trusted defensively and needs a star linemate to succeed.

He's also not even that physical, he gets into scrums and his appearance/name makes people think he's a hitter when he really isn't.

I think you get more 5v5 offense out of Garland driving 3rd line offense with a Suter riding shotgun in the top 6 than you do with Bertuzzi in the top 6 riding shotgun and Suter or another Suter type being asked to be a driver on the 3rd line.

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
Also, give me Garland over Bertuzzi. Bertuzzi isn't good unless he's paired with better linemates. Not a fan of 5.5M for a winger who can't be trusted defensively and needs a star linemate to succeed.

He's also not even that physical, he gets into scrums and his appearance/name makes people think he's a hitter when he really isn't.

I think you get more 5v5 offense out of Garland driving 3rd line offense with a Suter riding shotgun in the top 6 than you do with Bertuzzi in the top 6 riding shotgun and Suter or another Suter type being asked to be a driver on the 3rd line.
Bertuzzi is a wreck physicaly. Too many hard miles guy might as well be 33. Huge red flags for anyone who signs him to term. And yes what you said

Reactions: Nucker101

Bonham

Nov 24, 2008
Victoria, BC
What's the latest on Sam Reinhart?

I recall a bit of speculation before he was traded to the Panthers that he wanted a trade to the West Coast to be closer to home. Obviously feelings can change once you are traded from the dumpster fire in Buffalo to one of the best teams in the league while living in Miami.

Would definitely take some maneuvering to fit his cap hit (seems unlikely).

Haven't heard a lot of buzz about his contract.

credulous

Nov 18, 2021

I recall a bit of speculation before he was traded to the Panthers that he wanted a trade to the West Coast to be closer to home. Obviously feelings can change once you are traded from the dumpster fire in Buffalo to one of the best teams in the league while living in Miami.

he's 100% going to resign in florida

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec

Agreed on Garland. I just see absolutely zero reason to trade him. Even though he isn't play in the top six, he can basically carry an effective third line on his own with at least some mild support. We're not getting someone nearly that good with his cap hit.

I do like Bertuzzi, if only because he seems to love camping the goal line for greasy goals which is something we do need. He isn't physical though, and struggled mightily with the Leafs during the first half.

Bertuzzi is a wreck physicaly. Too many hard miles guy might as well be 33. Huge red flags for anyone who signs him to term. And yes what you said

Bertuzzi is only 29

arttk

Feb 16, 2006
Los Angeles

then pay him 9.5M and then we do what we did last season and use that 7.8M on low cost bets.

Agreed on Garland. I just see absolutely zero reason to trade him. Even though he isn't play in the top six, he can basically carry an effective third line on his own with at least some mild support. We're not getting someone nearly that good with his cap hit.
you trade him if we can improve the team.

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
my thought is that the team should move off of one of garland/hoglander this summer. offer dependent, obviously.

thecupismine

Apr 1, 2007
I'm very curious if there's a way to flip Hoglander this off-season for a comparable 4/5 dman, similar to what Durzi went for last year (not expecting the return to break out in the same way, but that's the kind of guy you'd target).

The issue I have with him is his overall awareness is quite weak, which makes him a poor fit for Petey's style of play (need high offensive IQ) and doesn't allow him to play with Miller/Boesser (need high defensive IQ).

His strengths & weaknesses are ideal for an offensive spark on a third line, but fitting two 5'8 guys in Hoglander and Garland together doesn't sound like an ideal situation either.

Reactions: arttk and Peen

Bankerguy

Apr 28, 2013
I wonder if it might make sense for Van to go out and try to sign a Hronek replacement and then move Hronek for some cap friendly help up front.
Montour would put up 50 - 60 points playing with Hughes. can play 20-25 mins a night like Hronek.

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
Lindholm was never coming back unless Pettersson had forced a trade. It doesn't make sense on any level and the contract he gets will be a bad one for somebody.
Curious who you think they would be targeting this off season if this was the case. They have to add a top6 player if they are serious about keeping the window open and we blew most of our assets to bring in Lindholm which makes free agency pretty much the only avenue without burning any chance at cheap ELCs that could play higher in the roster with Lekkerimaki and Willander.

I'm not thrilled about the contract that Lindholm will want but without getting a big fish how do we run it back....Suter Hoglander Bains are fillers not core pieces and we still have to find a 3C if he doesn't come back too. Blueger is not that guy.

DFAC

Jan 19, 2008
Vancouver
I think everyone is underestimating how much teams spend in free agency.

I fully expect both Reinhart and Guentzel to come in at 10m+/yr with term

Canucks will have to go bargain bin hunting again

Reactions: Baby Pettersson

ManVanFan

Mar 28, 2024

Benning really wanted him in 2014 but couldn't make it happen.

Max Jones or Brett Leason on cheap contracts to turn into another Joshua. That Anaheim team really sucked. haha

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Curious who you think they would be targeting this off season if this was the case. They have to add a top6 player if they are serious about keeping the window open and we blew most of our assets to bring in Lindholm which makes free agency pretty much the only avenue without burning any chance at cheap ELCs that could play higher in the roster with Lekkerimaki and Willander.

I'm not thrilled about the contract that Lindholm will want but without getting a big fish how do we run it back....Suter Hoglander Bains are fillers not core pieces and we still have to find a 3C if he doesn't come back too. Blueger is not that guy.

I need to do a deeper dive on potential acquisitions but on Lindholm :

a) we don't have $7 or $8 million to sign Lindholm
b) his contract starts at age 30 and will be 6-7 years and will be an absolute donkey
c) his play for the last two years outside of this playoffs has been mostly poor
d) we need top-6 wingers more than we need a top-6 C or a luxury 3C

Lindholm just doesn't make sense. I know he's a good player and he was good in the playoffs but you're going to have to sacrifice so much elsewhere for a boutique 3C that I can't understand how it would even be a consideration.

One name I'd have a lot of interest in would be Morgan Frost in Philly. Signed for $2.1 million next year, doesn't work with Torts and was a healthy scratch at times. Has played mostly at C and is kind of a bad defensive C but good ES producer ... would his D play better on wing next to Pettersson? Definitely has more talent than any winger we have aside from Boeser.

Would a Frost-Hoglander sort of trade work where we get a 2nd or something back as well?

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
I wonder if it might make sense for Van to go out and try to sign a Hronek replacement and then move Hronek for some cap friendly help up front.
Montour would put up 50 - 60 points playing with Hughes. can play 20-25 mins a night like Hronek.
Montour will cost more than Hronek and will be a way worse contract in term
I'm very curious if there's a way to flip Hoglander this off-season for a comparable 4/5 dman, similar to what Durzi went for last year (not expecting the return to break out in the same way, but that's the kind of guy you'd target).

The issue I have with him is his overall awareness is quite weak, which makes him a poor fit for Petey's style of play (need high offensive IQ) and doesn't allow him to play with Miller/Boesser (need high defensive IQ).

His strengths & weaknesses are ideal for an offensive spark on a third line, but fitting two 5'8 guys in Hoglander and Garland together doesn't sound like an ideal situation either.
Man i wanted Durzi....that would have been a Montour level steal for just a 2nd. Hronek is a better player but give it a couple years and i bet we see it differently. Guy just has the confidence you want for pressure/playoff games.

To your idea i've thought about Boqvist in Columbus. They have Mateychuk coming and Jiricek plus Severson signed long term with Werenski. I think they move him and he's got some intriguing upside along the lines of Hronek. A Hoglander for Boqvist trade could free us up to move Hronek if they cant find common ground in contract

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Montour will cost more than Hronek and will be a way worse contract in term

Man i wanted Durzi....that would have been a Montour level steal for just a 2nd. Hronek is a better player but give it a couple years and i bet we see it differently. Guy just has the confidence you want for pressure/playoff games.

To your idea i've thought about Boqvist in Columbus. They have Mateychuk coming and Jiricek plus Severson signed long term with Werenski. I think they move him and he's got some intriguing upside along the lines of Hronek. A Hoglander for Boqvist trade could free us up to move Hronek if they cant find common ground in contract

As someone who absolutely loved Durzi going right back to his draft year I see absolutely nothing in Boquist (or Jake Bean, for that matter).

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
I need to do a deeper dive on potential acquisitions but on Lindholm :

a) we don't have $7 or $8 million to sign Lindholm
b) his contract starts at age 30 and will be 6-7 years and will be an absolute donkey
c) his play for the last two years outside of this playoffs has been mostly poor
d) we need top-6 wingers more than we need a top-6 C or a luxury 3C

Lindholm just doesn't make sense. I know he's a good player and he was good in the playoffs but you're going to have to sacrifice so much elsewhere for a boutique 3C that I can't understand how it would even be a consideration.

One name I'd have a lot of interest in would be Morgan Frost in Philly. Signed for $2.1 million next year, doesn't work with Torts and was a healthy scratch at times. Has played mostly at C and is kind of a bad defensive C but good ES producer ... would his D play better on wing next to Pettersson? Definitely has more talent than any winger we have aside from Boeser.

Would a Frost-Hoglander sort of trade work where we get a 2nd or something back as well?
yes it's gonna be a ugly back half no matter who signs him. It boggles my mind that the Flames reportedly offered 9 x 8 given how poorly they have already done with results and legacy deals. But if Lindholm turned that down (72m) it does make you wonder what his number looks like now even with some struggles he showed that he's a Selke level C for the next 2-3 seasons anyway.
I guess it depends how much they are willing to sacrifice later for success in the next 3-4 seasons while Miller has gas. Almost all the options are gonna be the same though....Reinhart i think re signs in Florida Guentzel will be like 9-10m x 7/8 it's gonna be ugly.

Frost for Hoglander i would do without a sweetener. He's a really good target actually

Bertuzzzi44

Jun 26, 2018
Forward Rankings:

1. Miller
2. Boeser
3. Garland

4. Lindholm

5. Joshua
6. Pettersson
7. Suter
8. Hoglander
9. Blueger

10. Di Giuseppe
11. Aman
12. Podkolzin
13. Lafferty
14. Mikheyev

Top 3 are untouchable imo. We should build around our top 4 forwards.

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec
then pay him 9.5M and then we do what we did last season and use that 7.8M on low cost bets.

you trade him if we can improve the team.

Low cost bets are fine... if they don't comprise your entire bottom six. Icing mostly kids and journeymen looking to revive their careers is a great way to end up with no depth whatsoever which was our main strength this year.

We wouldn't be improving the team by trading him. I'd much prefer Garland over Bertuzzi if given the choice.

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
As someone who absolutely loved Durzi going right back to his draft year I see absolutely nothing in Boquist (or Jake Bean, for that matter).
My interest in Bean would be as a 800k-1m 4LD reclamation nothing more. He's a poor defender and nothing really pops except for a good IQ and transition game. Think he could be good serviceable depth as Columbus likely wont qualify him and he's from out west.

Boqvist for us doesn't make sense because he's 2.6m and probably 2-3yrs away from rounding his game to where you could trust to play 20min a night. And that's an IF not a certainty.

In previous years i would have loved to give it a chance but were not in a position to babysit 23/24 yr olds on the blueline that haven't figured out how to defend

Reactions: geebaan and MS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad