Canucks News, Rumours, and & Fantasy GM | Some Like it Hot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
Here’s my spreadsheet for upcoming UFAs, each team’s cap situation, and a trade tracker. I update the spreadsheet daily. I use CapFriendly to create this list and AFP Analytics for the contract projections.

Edit: Spreadsheet has been updated with AFP's latest projections and I added a new section for RFAs.

Top-6 Forwards
Sam ReinhartRW288y/10.25m
Jake GuentzelW296y/7.94m
Steven StamkosLW/C343y/6.30m
Jonathan MarchessaultW333y/6.25m
Joe PavelskiRW391y/3.94m
Matt DucheneRW/C333y/6.46m
Sean MonahanFW293y/2.87m
Tyler ToffoliW325y/6.53m
Jonathan DrouinW294y/4.46m
Teuvo TeravainenW295y/6.13m
Vladimir TarasenkoRW323y/5.64m
Adam HenriqueLW/C342y/4.60m
Chandler StephensonC/LW305y/5.77m
Max DomiC/RW293y/4.17m
Patrick KaneRW352y/5.51m
Elias LindholmC/RW297y/8.04m
Anthony ManthaW293y/4.40m
Daniel SprongW273y/3.89m
Jake DeBruskW275y/5.92m
David PerronW362y/2.80m
Tyler BertuzziW295y/6.00m
Anthony DuclairW283y/3.22m
Jason ZuckerW323y/5.46m
Jack RoslovicC/RW273y/3.11m
Max PaciorettyLW35
Alexander BarabanovW303y/3.03m

Top-4 Defecemen
Shayne GostisbehereLD/RD313y/4.38m
Brady SkjeiLD306y/7.39m
Noah HanifinLD277y/7.69m
Brandon MontourRD307y/8.71m
Oliver Ekman-LarssonLD323y/3.67m
Dylan DeMeloRD314y/5.07m
Sean WalkerLD/RD294y/4.87m
Matt RoyRD294y/5.58m
TJ BrodieLD/RD343y/4.91m
Brenden DillonLD332y/3.91m
Alexandre CarrierRD273y/3.57m
Nikita ZadorovLD/RD294y/5.10m
Chris TanevRD343y/4.68m
Brett PesceRD296y/6.72m
Matt GrzelcykLD303y/4.07m
Oliver KylingtonLD/RD27

Bottom-6 Forwards
James van RiemsdykW351y/1.50m
Warren FoegeleW284y/3.58m
Stefan NoesenW312y/3.23m
Danton HeinenW28
Tyler JohnsonFW33
Alexander WennbergC294y/4.21m
Jordan MartinookW312y/2.79m
Dakota JoshuaLW283y/3.00m
Michael AmadioW28
Teddy BluegerC/LW292y/2.56m
Sam LaffertyFW292y/1.72m
Kiefer SherwoodW29
Mike HoffmanLW341y/1.86m
Tomas TatarW331y/2.21m
Kyle OkposoRW361y/1.96m
Kasperi KapanenRW27
Andrew CoglianoLW37
Jakob SilfverbergW332y/2.78m
Cal ClutterbuckRW36
Corey PerryRW39
Patrick MaroonW36
Yakov TreninLW/C273y/3.33m
Dominik KubalikW282y/1.34m
Anthony BeauvillierW27
Sam CarrickC/RW32
Tanner PearsonLW31
Zemgus GirgensonsLW/C302y/1.74m
Colin BlackwellC/RW31
Brandon DuhaimeW27
Nick CousinsLW/C30
Connor BrownW30
Joel KivirantaW28
William CarrierLW293y/2.68m
Tyler MotteW293y/2.55m
Samuel BlaisW281y/0.94m
Tyson JostC26

Bottom-Pairing Defencemen
Erik GustafssonLD323y/4.99m
Tyler MyersRD342y/2.67m
Justin SchultzRD332y/3.81m
Kevin ShattenkirkRD351y/1.37m
Jalen ChatfieldRD283y/2.77m
Mike ReillyLD301y/1.24m
Dmitry KulikovLD/RD33
Alec MartinezLD361y/1.7m
Tyson BarrieRD322y/3.72m
Jani HakanpaaRD322y/2.38m
Vincent DesharnaisRD282y/1.41m
Ian ColeLD/RD352y/3.09m
Matt DumbaRD293y/3.73m
Colin MillerRD31
Mark GiordanoLD401y/3.11m
Marco ScandellaLD34
Calvin De HaanLD/RD33
Josh BrownRD30
Ilya LyubushkinRD301y/1.31m
Joel EdmundsonLD/RD31
Troy StecherRD30
Derek ForbortLD32
Erik JohnsonRD361y/1.13m

Forward Depth
Christian FischerW27
Craig SmithRW34
Victor OlofssonW28
Trevor LewisRW/C37
Justin BaileyRW29
Kevin StenlundC/RW27
Jeff CarterRW/C39
Ryan CarpenterRW/C33
Nicolas Aube-KubelRW282y/1.53m
AJ GreerW27
Liam O'BrienW29
Chris TierneyC30
Mattias JanmarkW31
Sam GagnerRW/C34
Brendan SmithLD/RD35
Eric RobinsonLW29
Zach PariseLW39
Kevin LabancW282y/1.94m
Fredrik OlofssonC/LW28
Alex Barre-BouletW27
Matt MartinW35
Radim ZohornaW28
Pierre-Edouard BellemareC/LW39
Tyler PitlickRW32
Austin WatsonW32
Tomas NosekLW/C31
Jansen HarkinsLW27
Rourke ChartierC28
Steven LorentzFW28

Defensive Depth
Jack JohnsonLD37
Vincent DesharnaisRD282y/1.41m
Anthony DeangeloRD282y/1.80m
Jarred TinordiLD32
Sebastian AhoLD28
Dakota MermisLD/RD30
Jacob MacDonaldLD/RD31
Dennis GilbertLD27
Nikita ZaitsevRD32
Nick DeSimoneRD29
Travis DermottLD/RD27
Caleb JonesLD/RD27
Chad RuhwedelRD34
William LagesonLD/RD28

Goaltenders
Cam TalbotG361y/1.89m
Ilya SamsonovG272y/3.26m
Alex NedeljkovicG282y/2.00m
Kaapo KahkonenG272y/2.93m
Scott WedgewoodG312y/1.57m
Casey DeSmithG321y/2.02m
Anthony StolarzG302y/1.91m
James ReimarG36
Antti RaantaG351y/1.31m
David RittichG31
Kevin LankinenG291y/1.58m
Laurent BrossoitG312y/1.95m
Calvin PickardG32
Martin JonesG34

Last edited:

JAK

Non-registered User
Jul 10, 2010
Hronek doesn't look hurt, but it's scary how his production has dropped off as the season went on, and he's......pointless in the playoffs.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Wouldn't that makes Necas a UFA? How does that make sense for the Canes, losing a young, productive forward for nothing?

He's a one-dimensional winger about to get probably $6-7 million in arbitration.

The league doesn't value players like this (note how we couldn't even give Boeser away last year at $6.75 million when he was only scoring 50 points) and if nobody wants to pay Necas that much ... he's a negative value asset.

Which seems strange. And you'd still think that surely someone would trade a 2nd round pick for him or something. But I don't think he carries much value even in the best-case.

Reactions: Baby Pettersson

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
I thought he looked great last night

His skating was excellent last night - rushed the puck a bunch, got it out of his end, and made some plays. I totally believe the theory that his wrist is messed up, though - he still flubs the puck a lot and is barely shooting it.

But still - last night was his best game of the playoffs, IMO.

Reactions: Nopefully

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
He's a one-dimensional winger about to get probably $6-7 million in arbitration.

The league doesn't value players like this (note how we couldn't even give Boeser away last year at $6.75 million when he was only scoring 50 points) and if nobody wants to pay Necas that much ... he's a negative value asset.

Which seems strange. And you'd still think that surely someone would trade a 2nd round pick for him or something. But I don't think he carries much value even in the best-case.

I think San Jose or Chicago would trade something of marginal value. It's not like those teams are winning and that would give another offensive weapon for their young centres to play with.

sandwichbird2023

Aug 4, 2004

That cap hit isn't very out of line with some other one-dimensional winger, specifically Ehlers, but Ehlers still seems to carry some trade value among fans on the trade board. Ehlers is also older, smaller and has a longer history of not producing in the playoff. Heck, some Nucks fans here even show interest in bringing Ehlers in for next season. Cap is going up too so if Necas signs a long term contract at $6m-ish, it probably won't age too badly.

Necas should still be in demand, even at $6m-ish cap hit. I'm sure Pens would love him on a line with Crosby. Teams like Hawks, Sharks, Utah HC, Habs, etc would all be interested in adding a mid-20 top 6 winger with speed. Canes should be able to trade him easily, makes more sense than to just let him walk as an UFA.

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
One move I'm curious if they make, and with Mikheyev likely on the way out I don't see it happening as much as I once did, is if they attached a pick/prospect to move Poolman. Allvin and Rutherford have talked a lot about wanting to get out of LTIR and accrue cap space to make bigger deadline moves. Haven't been able to do that with Poolman on the roster.

Reactions: racerjoe

Killer Orcas

Jul 2, 2011
Abbotsford BC
I think San Jose or Chicago would trade something of marginal value. It's not like those teams are winning and that would give another offensive weapon for their young centres to play with.
Hawks should be all over him they need to surround Bedard with some talent.

vancityluongo

curse of the strombino
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2006
Edmonton
I really want Buchnevich on Petey's line next season. If Hronek's ask is too high, would it be a good idea to trade him for Buch straight up? Blues apparently want to dump Faulk, if they are able to do that, I'd bet they would be interested in Hronek.

that move would make a lot of sense imo. hronek would be a great fit for them behind parayko on the right side, and he's the same age as their core guys in thomas, kyrou, neighbours and hofer

buch would be a great winger for petey, but imo he'd be phenomenal with miller and boeser.

Reactions: BimJenning

Bertuzzzi44

Jun 26, 2018
This team is looking like it could turn into a dynasty! I’m talking multiple Cups! Hughes, Miller, Boeser, Garland, Demko, Pettersson all signed long term. Influx of talented youth Hoglander, Podkolzin, Lekkerimaki, Wilander, Karlsson, Aman, Silovs. Solid support pieces (should resign Zadorov, Lindholm, Joshua). The future seems magical, thinking about multiple Cups coming to Vancouver

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Love
Reactions: Baby Pettersson

Jyrki

Benning has been purged! VANmen!
May 24, 2011
溫哥華
One move I'm curious if they make, and with Mikheyev likely on the way out I don't see it happening as much as I once did, is if they attached a pick/prospect to move Poolman. Allvin and Rutherford have talked a lot about wanting to get out of LTIR and accrue cap space to make bigger deadline moves. Haven't been able to do that with Poolman on the roster.
I don't know if Mik can be moved, 2 years left with a limited NTC for a guy who's bagged 30 points n the regular season and seems to be on the decline. The price to ship out that contract is substantial but has to be done if we hope to retain the highest priority UFAs. So I think Allvin will try to keep Poolman LTIRed, we don't have many assets left to dump bad contracts and most of them will be spent on Mik.

Reactions: BimJenning

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
I don't know if Mik can be moved, 2 years left with a limited NTC for a guy who's bagged 30 points n the regular season and seems to be on the decline. The price to ship out that contract is substantial but has to be done if we hope to retain the highest priority UFAs. So I think Allvin will try to keep Poolman LTIRed, we don't have many assets left to dump bad contracts and most of them will be spent on Mik.

I'm pretty confident one of those two contracts will be moved. Every off-season they've found a way to get rid of someone that has fallen out of favour (Dickinson, OEL, and Pearson). Poolman has a relatively low caphit and only one season left. His LTIR space is so small that it doesn't help them at all.

Finding a way to get out of Mikheyev's contract without buying him out, which I don't think they'll do, could prove to be challenging.

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
Hronek doesn't look hurt, but it's scary how his production has dropped off as the season went on, and he's......pointless in the playoffs.
As has been discussed in the Hronek thread, he is quite obviously playing hurt and that's been pretty well documented from some time in the regular season.

He can't shoot or handle the puck and his wrist is completely taped up. I don't think he's attempted a single slapshot in the playoffs. Likely wrist injury.

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016
poolman is $3m cash. the $2.5m ltir cap hit might be something vegas needs depending on their next round of ltir shenanigans. i don't see anyone else playing moneyball these days hard enough to take his contract. tampa has left that chat. arizona has left all chatrooms.

i can't recall if you can buy out an ltir contract. buying out poolman if allowed could work next year to free up $2m but would push $1m of extra caphit into 25/26 when we have a big oel year.

buying out mikhayev bleeds $2.1m into 25/26 and $1.5 the year after which are both big oel hit years. it saves us $3.5m next year but at a big price.

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec

Depends what we're willing to give up. I can't imagine teams like San Jose or Chicago caring too much about the salary or term so long as they're getting something out of it. He's worth the flyer on a potential rebound season, especially with them able to hold salary.

Question is... what are we willing to pay. I'd honestly go so far as to include a low event prospect like Bains but the hope is no higher than a 2nd round pick.

JAK

Non-registered User
Jul 10, 2010
Mikheyev has potential to bounce back next season and then have value the year after.

Not a cap dump at 35 years old or something and be did get 30 pts this season.

JohnHodgson

May 6, 2009

This is asinine.

No way these are real thoughts.

Carolina’s just going to not qualify a player who had 71 points last year at age 25?

Necas isn’t worth a second round pick?

Huh?

JohnHodgson

May 6, 2009
I still maintain that I don't think it will cost that much of a sweetener to dump Mikheyev, especially with the cap finally rising. A buyout is a really bad option, given the OEL buyout hit will be jumping up.

Ship him to Chicago or SJ. They need guys to fill roster spots. Tell him he waives his NTC or he's just not going to be playing.

What makes you say this other than homerism??

There’s no proof that dumping someone like Mikhyev wouldn't cost a fortune.

Every NHL transaction to dump salary goes directly against your opinion.

Is this just a gut feeling? Genuinely don’t know where you can arrive at this take.

There’s probably 30 NHL teams trying to dump contracts on San Jose and Chicago lol. That’s not a good cop out.

JohnHodgson

May 6, 2009
Realistically I don’t think they have the assets or appetite to dump Mik.

Burning a first round pick to dump Mik is incredibly stupid if he still can bounce back and be an effective top 9 forward who PKs.

Likely outcome of the situation is they keep him to see if he’s better next year and if not, they’ll look to dump him at the deadline or try to find an Anthony Beauvillier situation.

Mikheyev has potential to bounce back next season and then have value the year after.

Not a cap dump at 35 years old or something and be did get 30 pts this season.
He’ll be seen across the league as a cap dump. We won’t be able to trade him unless we are giving assets away or taking an equally bad contract.

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
What makes you say this other than homerism??

There’s no proof that dumping someone like Mikhyev wouldn't cost a fortune.

Every NHL transaction to dump salary goes directly against your opinion.

Is this just a gut feeling? Genuinely don’t know where you can arrive at this take.

There’s probably 30 NHL teams trying to dump contracts on San Jose and Chicago lol. That’s not a good cop out.
Which transactions?

They got off Dickinson. They got off Beauvillier (though no extra term) for free. Hall was supposed to be a cap dump but Boston paid nothing to move him. COL got off RyJo for a 1st, but a large part of that cost was acquiring Walker, so maybe the actual "sweetener" value was a 2nd or 3rd. When TOR had to ditch Mrazek it cost them moving down like 10 slots in the draft.

At this point, I'm not saying they'll get off Mik for free. But it won't be "a fortune".

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
This is asinine.

No way these are real thoughts.

Carolina’s just going to not qualify a player who had 71 points last year at age 25?

Necas isn’t worth a second round pick?

Huh?

I think they'll probably make a Bjorkstrand type trade before they don't qualify him. They're pretty clearly moving on.

People will be shocked at how little he goes for. And people still don't understand how the contract is part of the asset. And they also still don't understand how little NHL GMs value soft 2nd line wingers.

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
I think they'll probably make a Bjorkstrand type trade before they don't qualify him. They're pretty clearly moving on.

People will be shocked at how little he goes for. And people still don't understand how the contract is part of the asset. And they also still don't understand how little NHL GMs value soft 2nd line wingers.

He'll probably end up going for a 2nd and another pick given how much the Hurricanes love draft picks and the amount of 2nds that the Utah Hockey Clubs and Blackhawks have. His 71 point season last year is better than anything Bjorkstrand or Boeser were able to accomplish when they were put on the block.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad