Canucks News, Rumours, and & Fantasy GM | Off-Season Edition | Not satisfied, so now what?

Status
Not open for further replies.

oceanchild

Jul 5, 2009
Whitehorse, YT
Necas i would love to get. Has so much break out potential when he transitions to C full time. The perfect player to help get set up on the PP too with his wheels

Lindholm i think people are forgetting that we may need another C in short order if they want to start using Miller more as a winger and Pettersson with this knee issue and his lack of strength is better suited to not have to fight through the F3 plus a Dman to get close enough to use his shot.

Certainly he's a good responsible two way guy but maybe we start to look at him as more of a Panarin type player where it's better to get him away from as much contact as possible to use his skill.

Unless it's Necas for Pettersson which was rumoured before the signing and all that last player on the ice hugs stuff from Petey was his farewell from Vancouver. Would be a way to get Lindholm signed also especially if Necas is around Millers cap hit
I see us playing Pettersson between Miller and Boeser next season if we re-sign Lindholm.

I think we are going to see one move that is a “surprise”. It will be Garland, Hronek, and in a wild move maybe even Demko. I can no longer see them moving Boeser as he is just to important and well rounded. I think Zads has priced himself out and we already have enough on the left side and need a third pair dman. Its our first two lines and our ability to score that will be the focus and some improvement to the RHD.

Reactions: sting101

oceanchild

Jul 5, 2009
Whitehorse, YT

He's right. Our pathetic franchise was cowardly the whole series. Pettersson just somehow decided to mail it in January during contract year. We knew we were going to lose so we kept Demko out and then took Boeser out in Game 6 and 7 to just create excuses.
We didn’t know we were going to lose. I will match the conspiracy talk with an even more wild idea. They kept Demko out so they could keep his value high. If he went in and lost the two games he could have reduced his value and it allowed Silovs to show that with a decent back up and a better team overall he could be the goalie of the now. We trade Demko at the draft for a first round pick or cost controlled ELC so we can have more room to add scoring. The team feels its defensive structure requires a good but not great goalie.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
He did come back and played every game in the playoffs. Scored at his usual pace. I’d prefer him on a short term moderate cap hit contract over many of the other free agent options. Primarily because he’s shown he can generate offense in a defensive system.

Yeah, if he’s willing to go on a short term/show me contract, we should be all over that.

Reactions: sting101 and Vector

ManVanFan

Mar 28, 2024
Martin Necas so excited to be traded this off season boosting his value with a 4 point performance against Sweden at the World Championships to send Czechia to the finals

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
I'd like to see the Canucks try and sign Danton Heinen.

Local boy who had a pretty good year and could come quite cheap, he's had 3 years of 1 year deals now. Also an ex-Penguin.

I’ve got my eye on him too. He strikes me as a potential Pius Suter-esque acquisition for someone. Usually a bit of an afterthought, signs a team friendly deal, and then puts up 15ish goals and 30ish points. If we are looking for some more offensive creativity throughout the forward ranks, he could be a good fit.

I doubt it happens in Vancouver, but I wonder where Anthony Beauvillier ends up. Had a rocky season but I see him being a good bet to sign a low value deal somewhere that I think he can outperform. Another guy who I can see getting 15ish goals and 30sh points, and I think he’ll only cost $1M or less this year.

Peter Griffin

Feb 13, 2003
Visit site
We didn’t know we were going to lose. I will match the conspiracy talk with an even more wild idea. They kept Demko out so they could keep his value high. If he went in and lost the two games he could have reduced his value and it allowed Silovs to show that with a decent back up and a better team overall he could be the goalie of the now. We trade Demko at the draft for a first round pick or cost controlled ELC so we can have more room to add scoring. The team feels its defensive structure requires a good but not great goalie.
This is sarcasm , right?

Rowlet

Sponsor
Oct 13, 2018
I’ve got my eye on him too. He strikes me as a potential Pius Suter-esque acquisition for someone. Usually a bit of an afterthought, signs a team friendly deal, and then puts up 15ish goals and 30ish points. If we are looking for some more offensive creativity throughout the forward ranks, he could be a good fit.

I doubt it happens in Vancouver, but I wonder where Anthony Beauvillier ends up. Had a rocky season but I see him being a good bet to sign a low value deal somewhere that I think he can outperform. Another guy who I can see getting 15ish goals and 30sh points, and I think he’ll only cost $1M or less this year.

Yeah, he could easily be a 3rd line guy here, if I'm his agent I'm looking at what Tocchet has done for guys like Zadorov, Suter, Lindholm, and Joshua. Tocchet can squeeze out every ounce of juice these guys have.

Honestly I'd prefer to give him a 2y1m or 3y1m for that reason.

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec
On Seravalli - wasn’t he the one who said the All Star Game was “all the best players in the world…and JT Miller” as well?

Don’t know that even his hockey opinions are particularly good.

"There's 9 of the best players in the world and there's JT Miller"

Found the exact quote but yes, he did. Really made himself look like a genius with that assessment. I dunno though. Maybe being 4 points back of Matthews just means you're not quite "the best". :laugh:

Last edited:

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
"There's 9 of the best players in the world and there's JT Miller"

Found the exact quote but yes, he did. Really made himself look like a genius with that assessment. I dunno though. Maybe being 4 points back of Matthews just means you're not quite "the best".

When the chips are down (playoffs), Miller has outperformed Matthews by a considerable margin.

Anyway - just pointing out that this isn’t the first time Seravalli has said something colossally stupid, and he seems bent out of shape about Vancouver in particular.

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec
When the chips are down (playoffs), Miller has outperformed Matthews by a considerable margin.

Anyway - just pointing out that this isn’t the first time Seravalli has said something colossally stupid, and he seems bent out of shape about Vancouver in particular.

I was being very sarcastic :laugh:

It does seem like Seravalli just has a thing against Vancouver for whatever reason though. Whether it's insisting every UFA we have will price themselves out or just snubbing our players. Funny enough, he said that about Miller who went on to have the best season of his career. So now that he's shit talking Pettersson...

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016
I was being very sarcastic :laugh:

It does seem like Seravalli just has a thing against Vancouver for whatever reason though. Whether it's insisting every UFA we have will price themselves out or just snubbing our players. Funny enough, he said that about Miller who went on to have the best season of his career. So now that he's shit talking Pettersson...
i think he's just playing the heel chasing clicks. for an east coast based american he has an inordinate interest in the canucks and oilers. my suspicion is that it has something to do with the high engagement levels from their fanbases.

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
i think he's just playing the heel chasing clicks. for an east coast based american he has an inordinate interest in the canucks and oilers. my suspicion is that it has something to do with the high engagement levels from their fanbases.

Ding ding ding.

I think he realized last season that a lot of Daily Faceoff’s traffic is from Canaria markets. Both the Canucks and Oilers fan bases are extremely online and he made a concerted effort to focus on them. He was a weekly guest on both Sekeres & Price and Canucks Army as well as the Oilers equivalent. Spent training camp and the playoffs with the team. Is apparently decently close with Rick Tocchet.

He was one of the few that was adamant that the Canucks would be a playoff team before the season started. Was pretty glowing about the team other than the bizarre JT Miller comment.

He said and supported some dumb and problematic stuff during the season that got Canucks Twitter to turn on him. He leaned heavily into the Oilers during the playoffs and became pretty dismissive of the Canucks. That’s continued and feels like a desperate attempt to endear himself to that fanbase because the Canucks can’t offer him daily content right now.

TruKnyte

Give me the meds now
Jan 1, 2012
Vancouver, BC
Ding ding ding.

I think he realized last season that a lot of Daily Faceoff’s traffic is from Canaria markets. Both the Canucks and Oilers fan bases are extremely online and he made a concerted effort to focus on them. He was a weekly guest on both Sekeres & Price and Canucks Army as well as the Oilers equivalent. Spent training camp and the playoffs with the team. Is apparently decently close with Rick Tocchet.

He was one of the few that was adamant that the Canucks would be a playoff team before the season started. Was pretty glowing about the team other than the bizarre JT Miller comment.

He said and supported some dumb and problematic stuff during the season that got Canucks Twitter to turn on him. He leaned heavily into the Oilers during the playoffs and became pretty dismissive of the Canucks. That’s continued and feels like a desperate attempt to endear himself to that fanbase because the Canucks can’t offer him daily content right now.

This seems likely. At the same time, short sighted as the Canucks are a much larger fan base and there's the chance we'll just start ignoring anything he publishes. Although it appears hating something that a person writes is just as good for liking it when it comes to generating traffic....

I would just ignore anything this buffoon writes and call it a day.

Izzy Goodenough

Oct 11, 2020
Seravalli simply conveys the opinions and bargaining positions of agents, like saying EP40's contract starts with a 12 or Hronek's contract starts with an 8.

He is just another pundit that never played the game and mostly just watches players going from left to right and right to left on his TV screen, not knowing what is actually going on until someone tells him.

He has fashioned himself, as they say as, "A sports personality," and could have leached onto any sport to make a good living stirring the pot.

Last edited:
Reactions: MarkusNaslund19

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
This seems likely. At the same time, short sighted as the Canucks are a much larger fan base and there's the chance we'll just start ignoring anything he publishes. Although it appears hating something that a person writes is just as good for liking it when it comes to generating traffic....

I would just ignore anything this buffoon writes and call it a day.

As someone who summarizes and disseminates a lot of the rumours, it’s really frustrating for me. He’s one of the more connected and accurate guys in the industry. More often than not he’s right with more info than anyone else (ex1: Pettersson extension ex2: Mikheyev injury last season).

Reactions: Mr. Canucklehead

arttk

Feb 16, 2006
Los Angeles
As someone who summarizes and disseminates a lot of the rumours, it’s really frustrating for me. He’s one of the more connected and accurate guys in the industry. More often than not he’s right with more info than anyone else (ex1: Pettersson extension ex2: Mikheyev injury last season).
There is a reason why fridge is so vanilla

Reactions: Vector

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Haven’t seen him talked about much, but Jason Zucker is another guy the Canucks were reportedly interested in for some time leading up to the trade deadline. Could be someone they circle back to in free agency.

EDIT:

In that same vein, the guys I remember the Canucks being linked to were -

Jake Guentzel
Tyler Toffoli
Jason Zucker
Brandon Duhaime
Brendon Dillon (as an FA signing by Dhaliwal)

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
Yes Saravelli has done a good job of marketing himself good or bad as casuals are certainly aware of who he is at this point in Vancouver now. If i remember correctly Jim Rome made his big leap in popularity by calling QB Jim Everett "Chris" (same name as famous female tennis player) and then got roughed up live in the interview and the next thing you know everyone knew who he was and his popularity went to a National Broadcast syndicate that even was live in Canada

If our local media had any balls (S&P D&D) they would get into it with him regarding all these stupid ass comments he keeps making regarding our city and team and then drop him like a bad habit for a year or so and see how much he wants to keep creating bad vibes and narratives essentially trolling us. I don't expect Sekeras to do anything but continue to wrap his lips around....

It's really odd and i can only speculate he got trolled by some locals here and/or rejected hard by some women and decided to go back and start taking shots like a petulant child. It's a really bad look and the little respect i had for his opinion on anything not related to the agent info he gets is pretty much gone. Just stay out east and F off.

All of his contract talks about our players has been nothing short of an agent campaign to prop up his sources and their desires without a lot of objectivity and its become really annoying.....what a tool eat another cheese burger

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad