Canucks News, Rumours, and & Fantasy GM | Off-Season Edition | Not satisfied, so now what?

Status
Not open for further replies.

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
Someone mentioned in the other thread he’s 36, I couldn’t believe it because he looks like he should be in a retirement home ..

Too much high fatty foods, probably way too much alcohol, guy looks like he hasn't hit the gym since high school. I know people like him, talk too much shit, can't back it up when they get confronted.

JAK

Non-registered User
Jul 10, 2010
It's funny how Seravelli trashes the city he lives in, maybe be should move to Edmonton

Reactions: crazychimp

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
@MS Any thoughts on Viktor Arvidsson?

Streaky and injury-prone but a talented player when he's right.

No idea what he's going to get this summer. He's one of those age 30-31 2nd liners that will turn into a disaster for any team that gives him term but maybe his injury history cuts him down to 2 years/$4 million AAV or something? I don't really know.

Reactions: geebaan and Vector

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
He was born there but I swear that I heard he lives in Vancouver during one of the TSN stuff earlier this year

He hasn’t done TSN in a very long time. He lives in Philly all year but was in Vancouver for training camp and the playoff run.

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
Streaky and injury-prone but a talented player when he's right.

No idea what he's going to get this summer. He's one of those age 30-31 2nd liners that will turn into a disaster for any team that gives him term but maybe his injury history cuts him down to 2 years/$4 million AAV or something? I don't really know.
This is what I was thinking as well. Of the that class of free agent forwards he’s the most appealing to me because he shouldn’t command much term, brings speed and shooting, while playing in two defensive systems while still providing offense. That’s if money is mostly committed to the defensive corps.

Reactions: Nick Lang

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
The Carolinas could also resign Hoglander on July on a long term contract which could be have surplus value if he has many 20+ seasons in a row.

What is clear is that for them, Necas at 7M per has a negative value but the Canucks may feel the opposite, which is why their respective bets will be interesting to watch.
It’s possible, sure. They’d need permission beforehand to speak to Hog’s agent.

Diamonddog01

Diamond in the rough
Jul 18, 2007
Vancouver
DeBrusk (5) – Miller (8) – Boeser (6.65)
Suter (1.6) – Petterson (11.6) – Necas (7)
Joshua (3) – KK (4.82) – Garland (4.95)
Aman (0.825) – Raty (0.836) – Podkolzin (1)
PDG (0.775)

Hughes (7.85) – DeMelo (5)
Soucy (3.25) – Myers (3)
Dillon (2.5) – Morrow (0.916)
Juulsen (0.775)

Demko (5)
Silovs (1)

OEL (2.36)

Hronek, Mikheyev, Hoglander traded for Necas, KK, Morrow
Free agent signings: DeBrusk, DeMelo (basically any free agent with De followed by another capitalized letter, but not DeAngelo), Dillon
Poolman contract moved (somehow)

Went by AFP projections but shaved a few down a tad. Focused on general priorities expressed by management as well as a few rumours regarding specific players. No idea if the Carolina proposal is realistic or not...

Last edited:

rea

Feb 8, 2011
While it's just for the sake of discussion, there's no way I'd want any part of kotkaniemis contract..comes w the 10 team ntc to boot that kicks in next season. This is the same thing we dealt w dealing away loui. U deal short term pain for long term pain lol. He could come around, but U wanna risk 5 more years of that if he doesn't?

Diamonddog01

Diamond in the rough
Jul 18, 2007
Vancouver
While it's just for the sake of discussion, there's no way I'd want any part of kotkaniemis contract..comes w the 10 team ntc to boot that kicks in next season. This is the same thing we dealt w dealing away loui. U deal short term pain for long term pain lol. He could come around, but U wanna risk 5 more years of that if he doesn't?

Plug him and play him between those two wingers and I suspect he does come around. If not his buyout is negligible, although lengthy. I could see him succeeding in a third line role with Joshua and Garland and our coaching staff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad