Canucks News, Rumours, and & Fantasy GM | Off-Season Edition | Not satisfied, so now what?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jerry the great

Jul 8, 2022
What if we traded Hronek to Seattle for Adam Larsson. signed for 1 year at $4MM and then UFA. Can see him fitting in well with either Hughes or Soucy and would give us a significant amount of cap flexibility on the back end and likely won't be crippling to extend (3X$4.5MM?).

could run with something like

($11.85) Hughes Larson
($$8.25) Soucy Tanev ($5MM)
($$8.50) Zadorov Chatfield ($5MM + $3.5MM)
($$.775) Juulsen
$29.375

Sutter Miller Boeser
Hoglander Pettersson XXX
Joshua ($3.25MM) Blueger ($2.1MM) Garland
Podkolzin Aman PDG
$1MM spare
$42.85MM

After Benning tax + goalies you'd have ~$7MM to spend on XXX (could swap Zadorov for Dillion to free up an additional $2MM.

Reactions: Baby Pettersson

Izzy Goodenough

Oct 11, 2020
Canes like multiple years of surplus value, it's rare for them to do 1 year rentals and before this season they usually went bargain bin shopping at TDL's too. Hog only has 1 year left at 1.1M. Not sure the Canucks really have any bargain contracts with term that the Canes would value, maybe Garland depending on how Tulsky values him.
The Carolinas could also resign Hoglander on July on a long term contract which could be have surplus value if he has many 20+ seasons in a row.

What is clear is that for them, Necas at 7M per has a negative value but the Canucks may feel the opposite, which is why their respective bets will be interesting to watch.

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
"NHL crowds are dead. European crowds are better! Why can't we have that???"

This is why.

I'm not a big fan of the green men but the men in this league are such karens. Jeez. What's next? "Players feelings hurt by the 'You suck' chant"?

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
Saw a Sekeres clip on TikTok where he said Myers wants to stay because his kid is ill, anyone know where to find it?

The kid? That's a bit inappropriate, IMO.

The extended information was that he wants to stay because he doesn't want to move his family and his kid gets good care here.

Was discussed in another thread but Myers was open about the health complications one of his kids has and how Vancouver provides the support they are looking for. So extrapolating that to him having an incentive to stay makes sense.

Just A Bit Outside

Playoffs??!
Mar 6, 2010
What if we traded Hronek to Seattle for Adam Larsson. signed for 1 year at $4MM and then UFA. Can see him fitting in well with either Hughes or Soucy and would give us a significant amount of cap flexibility on the back end and likely won't be crippling to extend (3X$4.5MM?).

could run with something like

($11.85) Hughes Larson
($$8.25) Soucy Tanev ($5MM)
($$8.50) Zadorov Chatfield ($5MM + $3.5MM)
($$.775) Juulsen
$29.375

Sutter Miller Boeser
Hoglander Pettersson XXX
Joshua ($3.25MM) Blueger ($2.1MM) Garland
Podkolzin Aman PDG
$1MM spare
$42.85MM

After Benning tax + goalies you'd have ~$7MM to spend on XXX (could swap Zadorov for Dillion to free up an additional $2MM.
I like Larsson but would want alittle more.

Pick or prospect added.

Value goes up if he's extended LT.

Bleach Clean

Aug 9, 2006
at a high level i do agree with Tocchet. Petey needs to learn or expand his playstyle so that if he is hurt or not 100%, he can still contribute.
I guess the problem i have with it is, if his knee is comprised, is there enough time in season for Petey to figure out a new play style? Looking at the results, it's a no. So instead of being ideal, it's better to be pragmatic and just rest the guy and let him heal and get him to work on his game in the offseason.

I agree, they should have rested him at the very least. The fact that they didn't and the coach called him out on top of it means something. I've posted about this in the Pettersson thread and we can continue the discussion there.

Reactions: arttk

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC

Seravelli should realize there's rich people in Edmonton too, the ones who don't work blue collar and get rich off other shit. There's also blue collar people in Vancouver too, maybe he's afraid to go beyond downtown.

f*** that fat piece of shit, if that fat ass bitch ever steps in Vancouver please send him to a f***ing gym.

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
@Vector I told you seravelli was a clown months ago :teach2:

and that clown is in his mid 30's too, guy looks like he's aged to his 50's with all the fat grease he's eaten and probably some other substances he's done to himself.

f*** him.

Guy should watch his mouth, people like him talk too much shit but can't back it up when confronted. Shove a cheeseburger his way, he'd probably rage yell some shit.

Reactions: David71

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
Was discussed in another thread but Myers was open about the health complications one of his kids has and how Vancouver provides the support they are looking for. So extrapolating that to him having an incentive to stay makes sense.
2.3x1 for giraffe. No second year when OEL’s cap penalty doubles. I will be there.

1716596903955.jpeg

crazychimp

Jun 24, 2014
Vancouver
Seravelli should realize there's rich people in Edmonton too, the ones who don't work blue collar and get rich off other shit. There's also blue collar people in Vancouver too, maybe he's afraid to go beyond downtown.

f*** that fat piece of shit, if that fat ass bitch ever steps in Vancouver please send him to a f***ing gym.
Someone mentioned in the other thread he’s 36, I couldn’t believe it because he looks like he should be in a retirement home ..

Edit: It’s in this thread about two pages back :laugh:

Reactions: Grip it N RYP it

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
I didn’t even think about the offseason garbage other than an occasional post for the previous five weeks before we were eliminated. That shit is so fun. The city was so alive. No cares in the world about contracts

Now it’s just back to being a dweeb on capfriendly and vector’s spreadsheets

wonton15

Höglander
Dec 13, 2009
Seravalli dyes his hair white to seem older and add credibility when in reality he’s actually the same age or younger than players like Crosby. I audibly gasped when I found out his overweight aged face wasn’t 55 and he’s actually 36.

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
Regardless of the stupidity and incorrectness of the statement, what an unprofessional thing to say for a guy trying to be a reporter with credibility instead of a Spector-level hack.
This is what we saw in the summer on 2011...Where media personalities took jabs and shots at this franchise and city despite us losing.

Edmonton won and you would think the media would focus on their series but nope. Vancouver this, Vancouver that.

Reactions: thefeebster
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad