Canucks News, Rumours, and & Fantasy GM | Off-Season Edition | Not satisfied, so now what?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
can we stop listening to a guy who has obviously not played any kind of sports and have no conceptual idea what having an injury means? It's not just about pain tolerance, it's about the body not being able to provide the same output. tendonitis > reduce load capacity > less power and stability > slower acceleration, reduce ability to stay on the feet with external impact, reduce ability to transfer load through the legs when shooting. It's not as stupid simple as mind over body.

Boeser has f***ing blood clot, do you have any idea that blood clot is 100% life threatening? if a blood clot breaks and goes into the heart then Boeser is dead.

I find it rather shocking how Seravelli went from pretty run-of-the-mill insider to Mark Spector levels of idiocy in the course of like three months. I assume it is when he stopped leaking trade rumours and started actually trying to analyze the game on the ice people realized he has no clue about hockey. Stick to the trade rumours, Pillsbury.

Bleach Clean

Aug 9, 2006
Again, he's benefitted from playing lower in the lineup, and lower ice-time can kinda mess with the per 60 stats.

From a qualitative standpoint, if you want to watch this guy play and make the case he's a strong offensive player....you can go ahead. He's basically the same as Vince Dunn! Free 1D!

Agreed. P/60 is not conclusive here.

With that in mind, and the market demand for RHDs, what's he getting in FA? I leaned to a lower AAV than a higher AAV for him, but scarcity will have its day too.

The worst-case is probably $7.5.

There is a 0% chance that Hronek gets $8 million, here or anywhere.

There's not a lot of difference there in that AAV... Push comes to shove, some team will buckle and pay him.

This is the risk you run with an arb rights RFA that is a top4 RHD.

Last edited:

Jerry the great

Jul 8, 2022
Again, he's benefitted from playing lower in the lineup, and lower ice-time can kinda mess with the per 60 stats.

From a qualitative standpoint, if you want to watch this guy play and make the case he's a strong offensive player....you can go ahead. He's basically the same Vince Dunn! Free 1D!
He was 75th in unadjusted ES scoring in his second full NHL season. It was a noticeable step up from his first season. so really pretty solid top 4 production from bottom pair minutes and solid defensive play as well. I don't see any of this as a reason not to sign him considering he just turned 28 and hasn't even played 200 NHL games yet. seems like there's potentially some upside to his game.

HairyKneel

Jun 5, 2023
Wow, how naive.
Why didn't they rest him if they knew. They sat Demko extra time. It wasn't like EP was causing them to win games with his stellar play.
Even sitting him ONE game before they playoffs started would have helped him, it would have stymied most criticism of EP's play and turned down the heat and speculation. They would not even have to say what the injury was or how severe.

Conspiracy? To what end?

If it reads like a conspiracy, just quoting the team and the player with the time line and Tocchet's "honesty"?
What makes more sense? At the end of the season just say he had a knee injury to quell more questions and gain sympathy
Or
That they knew all along that he would not be worth crud and not effective? And knowing that he was injured and playing him more would exasperate the injury and make it worse, they continued to play him extra ice time and critic him during the series.
To what end? They never even made any attempt to say he was banged up or working out a small issue for 4 weeks and longer back to before the all star game.

You think the team was thinking this was good for the team?
Or a simpler answer, just say he had an injury that only needs time and not surgery as an excuse? Again especially after Dhali has been saying must have an injury, injury, injury for a week or more.

Conspiracy, ha, again to what end?
Here comes da internet doctor.

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
You guys are hilarious
I've read all week that Hronek is not worth what we gave up and now he's worth more than Necas???

If we can get Necas without giving up 1 of our top5 you get it done. Seriously underrated around here

Reactions: DFAC and credulous

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec

ManVanFan

Mar 28, 2024
Rod's system sets themselves up well to get the most out of competitive but underskilled players. Guys like Chatfield, Noesen, Martinook kinda fall into this category.
Yeah and it feels like to a fault. Canucks were rumoured to be interested in Noesen. Wonder if they still are.

ManVanFan

Mar 28, 2024
The only way Hronek for Necas makes sense is if you have a RHD replacement in mind and get that deal sorted out beforehand. I'm also not sure how to feel about acquiring another center. I worry Tocchet will go back to his "three line" ways and we simply don't have the depth to deploy that.
My thought as well. I don't get why Joshua-Lindholm-Garland is a line but it can't be with Petey in the middle. The 7M that Lindholm could possibly get, would be the winger for Petey or if they want to do Lindholm plus a winger for Petey. It's a Brisebois-Juulsen bottom pairing and we saw how fast they moved to get Zadorov when Soucy went down with Cole there still.

Bleach Clean

Aug 9, 2006
can we stop listening to a guy who has obviously not played any kind of sports and have no conceptual idea what having an injury means? It's not just about pain tolerance, it's about the body not being able to provide the same output. tendonitis > reduce load capacity > less power and stability > slower acceleration, reduce ability to stay on the feet with external impact, reduce ability to transfer load through the legs when shooting. It's not as stupid simple as mind over body.

Boeser has f***ing blood clot, do you have any idea that blood clot is 100% life threatening? if a blood clot breaks and goes into the heart then Boeser is dead.

Haven't seen the full context of the Seravelli clip yet, so grain of salt.

Let's take a step back and analyze what Seravelli is saying here: He is parroting Tocchet, who himself treated Pettersson as an uninjured player (someone healthy enough to play). And so to the both these observers, Pettersson is making an excuse.

Pettersson quite clearly looked hurt and his play declined. The contention is that Tocchet thought he wasn't nearly hurt enough to play like he had. Seravelli just agrees with Tocchet here.

arttk

Feb 16, 2006
Los Angeles
I find it rather shocking how Seravelli went from pretty run-of-the-mill insider to Mark Spector levels of idiocy in the course of like three months. I assume it is when he stopped leaking trade rumours and started actually trying to analyze the game on the ice people realized he has no clue about hockey. Stick to the trade rumours, Pillsbury.
hard to be a content creator, you run out of shit then yo start to make shit up

Reactions: Flik

Regress2TheMeme

Mar 14, 2018
I'm a bit surprised that there's a big push to land a premiere winger. I know the offense struggled down the stretch.

For a team that is tight on cap space and wants to compete, doesn't it make sense to spend your money on centers and top 4 defenseman? It seems like wing is the easiest place to find players that can really outperform their contract if they dropped into a good situation. Or is this flat cap era thinking that's about to become obsolete?

Reactions: Baby Pettersson

arttk

Feb 16, 2006
Los Angeles
Haven't seen the full context of the Seravelli clip yet, so grain of salt.

Let's take a step back and analyze what Seravelli is saying here: He is parroting Tocchet, who himself treated Pettersson as an uninjured player (someone healthy enough to play). And so to the both these observers, Pettersson is making an excuse.

Pettersson quite clearly looked hurt and his play declined. The contention is that Tocchet thought he wasn't nearly hurt enough to play like he had. Seravelli just agrees with Tocchet here.
at a high level i do agree with Tocchet. Petey needs to learn or expand his playstyle so that if he is hurt or not 100%, he can still contribute.
I guess the problem i have with it is, if his knee is comprised, is there enough time in season for Petey to figure out a new play style? Looking at the results, it's a no. So instead of being ideal, it's better to be pragmatic and just rest the guy and let him heal and get him to work on his game in the offseason.

Izzy Goodenough

Oct 11, 2020
For those who don't follow that the Carolinas:

Under Waddell (on way to CBJs supposedly) they have prided themselves on frugality and getting excess value on all the contacts they sign. When their players need to get paid they move them because they think they can get equivalent players on value contracts.

Who on your Vancouver Canucks has excess value?

Hoglander, not Hronek, he is the opposite of the player the Carolinas would be looking at.

They will value 24 goal scorer Hoglander as a Primo asset at 1.1M per.

The Canucks are in a good bargaining position if they decide to move him for Necas, a 24 goal scorer who will ask for 7M.

The Carolinas will think they are making off like bandits.

Reactions: sandwichbird2023

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
For those who don't follow that the Carolinas:

Under Waddell (on way to CBJs supposedly) they have prided themselves on frugality and getting excess value on all the contacts they sign. When their players need to get paid they move them because they think they can get equivalent players on value contracts.

Who on your Vancouver Canucks has excess value?

Hoglander, not Hronek, he is the opposite of the player the Carolinas would be looking at.

They will value 24 goal scorer Hoglander as a Primo asset at 1.1M per.

The Canucks are in a good bargaining position if they decide to move him for Necas, a 24 goal scorer who will ask for 7M.

The Carolinas will think they are making off like bandits.
Canes like multiple years of surplus value, it's rare for them to do 1 year rentals and before this season they usually went bargain bin shopping at TDL's too. Hog only has 1 year left at 1.1M. Not sure the Canucks really have any bargain contracts with term that the Canes would value, maybe Garland depending on how Tulsky values him.

vancityluongo

curse of the strombino
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2006
Edmonton
maybe hog, suter, one of aman/bains/pod, and mikheyev (cap) for necas? two shots at filling the void + replenishes the assets they gave up to get guentzel (who i'd assume they sign)

pure quantity for quality, but the canes seem to really value depth

Rowlet

Sponsor
Oct 13, 2018
Saw a Sekeres clip on TikTok where he said Myers wants to stay because his kid is ill, anyone know where to find it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad