GDT: Canucks @ Hawks 10/22/24 7:15 CHSN

Blackhawks26

6 time Cup Champions
Jun 17, 2011
Orland Park IL
Bedard doesn't even have a full season of games under his belt, yet. And he's right around a PPG player over the course of those games. At 19. He's not a concern.

He's actually 5 years older than me. ;)

2000 PIMS is... a lot.
I’m not denying bedard being a good hockey player. That’d be idiotic. Just saying the hawks need a lot of things to go right, it all starts with bedard and as long as he stays on the right track and the guys in Rockford develop accordingly the hawks should be fine.

You’ve gotta think playing with nick foligno as his LW is going to get old. How can playing with guys like that really help with development?

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
he played on at least the second pair of every playoff team he was on. if you recall, the post i initially responded to in this exchange was pez calling him nothing more than a third pairing goon, which i take to be indicitive of pez's age and compromised emotional state more than any genuine evaluation of lurich's effectiveness in his prime.
Ok Mr. "statswatcher". Perhaps you can point me to a single statistic that shows Richardson was anything more than a plug.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Yes but we need to give it MUCH more time to wait for this current crop of prospects to develop. 2 years at least. Its far too early to say that things aren't working. And we at the very least have a solid foundation with Bedard and Vlasic.

Bedard, who was hyped up to be a generational talent with a particularly amazing shot/release/goal scoring ability, not being able to score goals is also getting old. I want him to be better because he's not your typical 1st rounder this kid was praised like none other and with those standards comes relentless critique. Its fair game.
He hasn't even played a full season of games, yet, and is barely 19 years old... relax a little.

Reactions: Salvaged Ship

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Foligno talking about what he's talking about post game, when the first goal is him making a beer league level mistake(throwing the puck blindly up the wall on the breakout), rings pretty f***ing hollow.
And then the 5th goal, I believe, or maybe 6th, where he's caught just watching the play, standing still, and his guy buries the puck, unmolested.

Reactions: Pez68

Hattrick Kane

Oct 8, 2018
Foligno talking about what he's talking about post game, when the first goal is him making a beer league level mistake(throwing the puck blindly up the wall on the breakout), rings pretty f***ing hollow.
Guaranteed he won’t be benched next game.

Coach has to realize that the message he sent ultimately rang hollow when it’s only guys under the age of 26 getting benched. I’m sure Reichel will get it, although I’m sure he’ll be the one sitting next game.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Bedard futility watch:

With 7 more shotsvon goal tonight and no beating a goalie...again...he is now 2g in his last 21GP (2 for 65 shog ) ..

Now I ask you...if anybotgercteam i the NHL woukd keep a pjayerxatc2C ibf such okayerxwentvonly 2 for his lastc65 shots?

That coach who kept hom with that pressure on hom would be sacked!

Maybe we should send Bedard to Rockford till he gets his goal scoring "talent" back?

Line 1 =FAIL

Keep that up and yes.. as a pist above says:Martine issues!

belfour30

Blackhawks Fangirl
Dec 14, 2019
Bedard isn't one of those extremely physically gifted players like McDavid or MacKinnon. He's not going to just single handily torch the league. He's still really special and he is going to be extremely great. Literally last thing to worry about.
I'm going to take your word for it because I'm pretty concerned he's the next Jack Eichel at this point. Eichel had a ton of hype as if he was almost as good as McDavid and has just been a good 1st liner.

Also hurting, Bedard might not be a C as he got his lunch money stolen at the dot yet again.
2-13. Woof.

Hattrick Kane

Oct 8, 2018
I'm going to take your word for it because I'm pretty concerned he's the next Jack Eichel at this point. Eichel had a ton of hype as if he was almost as good as McDavid and has just been a good 1st liner.

Also hurting, Bedard might not be a C as he got his lunch money stolen at the dot.
Oh my god not over point per game cup winning Jack Eichel!

SimpleJack

Jul 25, 2013
He hasn't even played a full season of games, yet, and is barely 19 years old... relax a little.

I'm gonna keep being critical of him given the standards, especially in terms of goal scoring. But at the same time it should be said that I'm not "worried" about him big picture. He doesn't have to be generational to still become a foundational piece which i think he is. He's already a star, a 1st liner, and our best player by a mile. We'd be fortunate if he "only" becomes "the next Jack Eichel".

Reactions: belfour30

belfour30

Blackhawks Fangirl
Dec 14, 2019
Oh my god not over point per game cup winning Jack Eichel!
No like, Bedard is still a really good player, but the possibility that he's a winger and just a really good player rather than generational kinda sucks rn.

Also, Eichel is below a ppg for his career and only had 2 seasons where he was above a ppg.

statswatcher

the smartest guy in athens knows he's dumb
Jul 27, 2022
Ok Mr. "statswatcher". Perhaps you can point me to a single statistic that shows Richardson was anything more than a plug.
i would point to his deployment, as i already have. you don't stick around that long in the top four of even bad teams without bringing something more to the table than face punching. being a negative +/- as a stay at home defenseman and having a bunch of PIMs in a time where that was actively encouraged doesn't contravert that for me. beyond that, he played a role that largely doesn't exist anymore in a time before they counted even partially useful defensive statistics, so quantification is inherently limited.

MTU34

Oct 6, 2020
Also hurting, Bedard might not be a C as he got his lunch money stolen at the dot yet again.
2-13. Woof.
The idea that you have to win faceoffs in order to play center is really asinine. Nathan Mackinnon is ~45% at the dot over his career. When healthy, Landeskog took damn near half his draw for him. I don’t think anyone’s arguing that Mackinnon needs to move to the wing

Jack Hughes is 35% at the dot over his career. Is he a winger?

Reactions: d rake

Hattrick Kane

Oct 8, 2018
No like, Bedard is still a really good player, but the possibility that he's a winger and just a really good player rather than generational kinda sucks rn.
How about they get Bedard a real team, a real coach and real f***ing management before you start crying. This organization is just straight trash in every facet right now.

Reactions: Salvaged Ship

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
i would point to his deployment, as i already have. you don't stick around that long in the top four of even bad teams without bringing something more to the table than face punching. being a negative +/- as a stay at home defenseman and having a bunch of PIMs in a time where that was actively encouraged doesn't contravert that for me. beyond that, he played a role that largely doesn't exist anymore in a time before they counted even partially useful defensive statistics, so quantification is inherently limited.
I mean, except you do.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad