GDT: Canucks @ Hawks 10/22/24 7:15 CHSN

CokenoPepsi

Oct 28, 2016
again with the roster, the coaching and the tv situation, it’s like the Wirtz clan is trying to turn fans away. Whatever buzz the cup run created is long gone. The Hawks as an organization are putting themselves in a very bad spot

Yeah it bad.... Bedard not living up to a McDavid/Crosby level hype is hurting too.

Pushing out Kane was not smart, you need a link to those teams

Reactions: Blackhawks26

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
I'm not sure what the Hawks were thinking with the Brodie contract. He's just as bad as the dogshit they had on D last season and you give him two seasons? I would rather see anyone playing over him. And somehow Jones and Murphy have been worse tonight. Lol

Brodie should be no higher than #7 rotating in every now and then or with injury

Vlasic-Jones
Kaiser-Murphy
Martinez-Allan (Or whatever kid they desire)

Kaiser and Allan both have played RD (As well as Del Mastro I believe) so you can interchange guys into that final spot on 3rd pairing if need be if you want to shake things up

Allan or whatever kid they desire should be playing over him regularly

Callidusblackhawk

Feb 15, 2012
Downers Grove, Illinois
I'm not sure what the Hawks were thinking with the Brodie contract. He's just as bad as the dogshit they had on D last season and you give him two seasons? I would rather see anyone playing over him. And somehow Jones and Murphy have been worse tonight. Lol
Davidson overdid it with the vet signings this offseason. It should have been just Martinez or Brodie (for only 1 year). It should have been just Maroon or Smith.

SimpleJack

Jul 25, 2013
Would've gotten the secondary assist had the puck not hit Foligno after Seth shot it.

Yeah well I wanna start seeing some goals. Secondary assists are alright and all...but he's supposed to be a goal scorer with an unstoppable shot. Where is it? Sorry.... I'm just frustrated that he's stuck in this drought. And i think its fair to hold him to insanely high standards given the hype.

OhCaptainMyCaptain

May 5, 2014
Earth
Yeah well I wanna start seeing some goals. Secondary assists are alright and all...but he's supposed to be a goal scorer with an unstoppable shot. Where is it? Sorry.... I'm just frustrated that he's stuck in this drought. And i think its fair to hold him to insanely high standards given the hype.

He’s a really good player that can make the Hawks very good, but I’m definitely not seeing generational so far.

statswatcher

the smartest guy in athens knows he's dumb
Jul 27, 2022
Is LR your brother or something? :laugh:
i spent the whole day today giving him shit for the kurashev thing. i just have something against people saying things that seem to explicitly contradict the public record which is available to me without providing more compelling evidence than that which they contradict.

SimpleJack

Jul 25, 2013
it’s early, but if he really doesn’t pan out the hawks are gonna be set back for decades.

Its not too early to tell he clearly isn't McDavid/Crosby level. But i think he can still be a legit 1C if he improves at the dot. He's still got allstar written all over and clearly has high end skill. But he's also a noticeable step behind what you would call "generational". I think a lot of that talk was based on his shot which was way easier to get off and be highly accurate with against lesser competition. Now that he's in the NHL he can't exploit those weaknesses anymore and his shot isn't the same kind of weapon. He's finding it much harder to produce and you can tell he's starting to get frustrated that what he's doing isn't working like it used to.

Reactions: OhCaptainMyCaptain

Blackhawks26

6 time Cup Champions
Jun 17, 2011
Orland Park IL
Decades lmao. Patrick Kane is his floor.
It’s already been 9 years since the hawks made the finals. How many more first overall picks are we gonna get?

Look at the oilers, even with McDavid and all the other talent, one finals trip in all this time? They hawks don’t need bedard to be generational but he’s gonna have to be a very very very good player.

The hawks won because of depth, if all these guys we are drafting don’t pan out, it will definitely put them back decades. It’s already been 7 years since a true playoff series (bubble aside)

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
i spent the whole day today giving him shit for the kurashev thing. i just have something against people saying things that seem to explicitly contradict the public record which is available to me without providing more compelling evidence than that which they contradict.
What is contradictory, though?

He was drafted #7OA, played on a lot of shitty teams, put up only 200 points in 1400 games, and had 2000 PIMS. He was a career negative player, by a large margin. He seemingly played top pair on shitty teams because he was the best option for those teams. He was probably more of a #4 or #5 on a playoff type of team. I don't see anything contradictory with any of those things. Hammer was an elite SAH D. He put up almost the same amount of points, in half the games played, and is like 220 points better than LR in +/- over the span of their careers. A SAH D being -120 over his career, and having more negative seasons, than positive ones, is not really a ringing endorsement of him being a top pairing SAH D.

Reactions: Pez68

SimpleJack

Jul 25, 2013
It’s already been 9 years since the hawks made the finals. How many more first overall picks are we gonna get?

Look at the oilers, even with McDavid and all the other talent, one finals trip in all this time? They hawks don’t need bedard to be generational but he’s gonna have to be a very very very good player.

The hawks won because of depth, if all these guys we are drafting don’t pan out, it will definitely put them back decades. It’s already been 7 years since a true playoff series (bubble aside)

Yes but we need to give it MUCH more time to wait for this current crop of prospects to develop. 2 years at least. Its far too early to say that things aren't working. And we at the very least have a solid foundation with Bedard and Vlasic.

Bedard discourse popping up every time he’s not on the scoresheet multiple times is getting really old

Bedard, who was hyped up to be a generational talent with a particularly amazing shot/release/goal scoring ability, not being able to score goals is also getting old. I want him to be better because he's not your typical 1st rounder this kid was praised like none other and with those standards comes relentless critique. Its fair game.

Blackhawks26

6 time Cup Champions
Jun 17, 2011
Orland Park IL
Yes but we need to give it MUCH more time to wait for this current crop of prospects to develop. 2 years at least. Its far too early to say that things aren't working. And we at the very least have a solid foundation with Bedard and Vlasic.
Totally agree, I said if bedard doesn’t pan out. Major if there. We all know it’s too early to make these kinds of assumptions. Bedard hasn’t done anything to prove that he isn’t going to be very good. He’s been all over the puck, shooting, passing, everything you want out of a player. Just might not be generational. Still to early to tell.

statswatcher

the smartest guy in athens knows he's dumb
Jul 27, 2022
He was drafted #7OA, played on a lot of shitty teams, put up only 200 points in 1400 games, and had 2000 PIMS. He was a career negative player, by a large margin. He seemingly played top pair on shitty teams because he was the best option for those teams. He was probably more of a #4 or #5 on a playoff type of team. I don't see anything contradictory with any of those things.
he played on at least the second pair of every playoff team he was on. if you recall, the post i initially responded to in this exchange was pez calling him nothing more than a third pairing goon, which i take to be indicitive of pez's age and compromised emotional state more than any genuine evaluation of lurich's effectiveness in his prime.

• Haha
Reactions: Pez68

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Totally agree, I said if bedard doesn’t pan out. Major if there. We all know it’s too early to make these kinds of assumptions.
Bedard doesn't even have a full season of games under his belt, yet. And he's right around a PPG player over the course of those games. At barely 19. He's not a concern.

he played on at least the second pair of every playoff team he was on. if you recall, the post i initially responded to in this exchange was pez calling him nothing more than a third pairing goon, which i take to be indicitive of pez's age and compromised emotional state more than any genuine evaluation of lurich's effectiveness in his prime.
He's actually 5 years older than me.

2000 PIMS is... a lot. I mean... it screams face puncher goon to me, no matter the era.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad