GDT: Canucks @ Hawks 10/22/24 7:15 CHSN

SimpleJack

Jul 25, 2013
Cleanest chance you're gonna get for Bedard and he still can't finish. He's gotta start scoring some goals. Going back to the last 20 or so games of last season i can't even imagine how ugly that shooting% must be.

Reactions: CanadianHawks

bwanajamba

Apr 18, 2019
Bedard breaks his stick in half on the bench.

Hot take. Bedard is going to leave in free agency if this organization doesn't get him some real f***ing help.
He was mad about not scoring big dog. This neuroticism about Bedard around here has got to end. He is far from the only first overall pick to play his first couple of years on bad teams

MTU34

Oct 6, 2020
Not that I have seen. LR doesn't even bother with line match ups. It's a joke.
I used to think the coach at my school was the worst bench manager I’ve ever seen (PP2 after media timeouts, 4th line after icings, etc), but it’s nothing compared to this

Reactions: Pez68

F86puck

Feb 20, 2020
Maybe I need to start saying negative things about CB and he will wake up to prove me wrong. He is a legitimate first liner, a future hall of famer, but generational I just don't see it. The occassional 3 or 4-point game is not what I want. I'd rather have consistency. The very best don't get 3 or 4 points in a game and then 0 points for 3 games. Rather, they are consistent and rarely go 2 games without a point. And they score more than 1 goal in 6 games. Ted Donato has more goals this season. As the previous poster said, take the end of last season and add to this, Bedard's stats are awful.

OK Connor, now please prove me wrong for crying out loud.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
He was mad about not scoring big dog. This neuroticism about Bedard around here has got to end. He is far from the only first overall pick to play his first couple of years on bad teams
There's a reason I tagged it as a hot take. I don't actually believe it, and don't believe it will happen. The second half of that sentence is accurate, though. He needs f***ing help. He has yet to play any NHL games with any semblance of another top 6 player.

SimpleJack

Jul 25, 2013
Yes Bedard needs to be put in better situations to succeed....and in time he will get better talent around him and a new coach. But at the same time he's also had plenty of opportunities and for whatever reason he's just not finishing. When i see him looking all frustrated i 100% guarantee its with himself and not because he's thinking " i need more help and better coaching".

Reactions: ytsejam

GIADF

Not A Mod
Aug 17, 2024
Fair enough. They've also played like 6 games together, and half the time TT is busy watching Bedard, rather than playing with him. A lot like guys used to do with Kane, actually.

With that said he’s more of a really good third wheel to a first line…. So having him and Foligno with Bedard still isn’t exactly a great top line.

Reactions: ChiHawks10

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad