News Article: Canucks' GM Patrik Allvin a finalist for GM of the Year

Hit the post

I have your gold medal Zippy!
Oct 1, 2015
Hiding under WTG's bed...
What a juxtaposition between him and Elmer!
Difference between "Prometheus & Epimetheus".

Hey, I still remember *SOMETHING* from that "Classical Greek Studies" course I took at Langara *A LONG TIME AGO*.
(I dropped out of the course after a week - subject matter was *WAY OVER MY HEAD* :laugh:)

Zombotron

Supreme Overlord of Crap
Jan 3, 2010
Toronto
Oh! Glad you're alright. Thought you weren't going to wake up. Come on! Let's watch the Draft Lottery.

Rick Tocchet? That degenerate gambler? What are you talking about? Who the hell is Patrik Allvin?

XX0yGo7.jpeg

mriswith

Oct 12, 2011
Well deserved. He hit on every transaction for the entire last year and if the visible changes to the org (coaching overhaul in the AHL and NHL) are any indication the entire org is getting a huge lift.

We literally needed a GM of the year, coach of the year, vezina and norris calibre seasons to get from where we were last season to a viable contender this season and it feels amazing that we won the lottery to get it all. Good management is rarer and worth more than a draft lottery win.

He needs to hit it out of the park again this summer and next season if we want this to be an ongoing thing but feels amazing to head into free agency interested and excited to see what happens unlike every year under Benning where we already knew what was going to happen and had already spent months discussing how bad we knew it was going to be

heatedskates

May 25, 2009
Canada
Very good GM. Found ways to make deals in times where deals were far and few to be made in the flat cap era. Even keel demeanor.

Reactions: Flik

Frankie Blueberries

Dream Team
Jan 27, 2016
Waiting for that guy to come in and tell us how great Benning is and we are all idiots for not appreciating his greatness
Last time he tried to play it off as if it was all just a joke. Despite like a 400 page thread mocking anyone critical of the Benning regime and engaging in debates here to defend Benning, he now says he was actually not serious about any of it. Dude is a weasel with no honesty or integrity.

PuckMunchkin

Very Nice, Very Evil!
Dec 13, 2006
Lapland
Absolutely deserved nomination.

Last year was a complete shit show, but I think it is now safe to say that was because of the ghosts of management past still linger in the organisation. The way they were able to turn the ship. This year was a night and day difference from the previous year.

I know there are posters who did not think last year anything that significant went wrong apart from goaltending.

geebster

Sponsor
Oct 26, 2019
May the baldest man win for he has given the most (hair) to the cause.

Lindgren

Jun 30, 2005
I shit you not. I am sitting in a bar In Yaletown, and Patrik Allvin is sitting 10 feet away from me.
Ask him what the chances are that Max Sasson will be in the opening line-up come the fall.

(Ahh, too late; I didn't notice this was posted last night. Thought you and Alvin were getting an early start ...)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad