Proposal: Canucks-Ducks: Something revolving around Jake Virtanen and Cam Fowler?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
Agreed. I'd rather trade Vatanen.

I understand it looks bad to trade an asset the same year you sign him to a multi year deal but how much worse can this organization really look given our financial predicament?

Vatanen would deserve some of the blame, if that decision was made.

Let's face it, if Sami came into the season and tore it up, and played like he earned every penny of that new contract, we wouldn't be talking about trading him as an alternative. Well, probably not. I don't think he's necessarily been bad, but I think he's been kind of underwhelming, given the opportunity this is for him.

The training wheels need to come off at some point, and he needs to show he can anchor a top 4 pairing without having both Lindholm and Fowler there to protect him. And, I think, to be worth his contract, he needs to show that he can do that and still push the pace offensively. I think he can do the former, and be a solid top 4 guy. I'm not so sure on the latter. I still haven't seen that side to his game where he can be a dependable top 4 guy defensively, and still drive the play offensively. Not without being babysat by one of Lindholm or Fowler.

McYoungGuns

Jul 2, 2009
Edmonton,Alberta
This won't work on so many levels.
I'm not nearly ready to give up on Jake. He is TWENTY years old. Power forwards take a little more time to develop. Lucic's first real good year was at 22. Bert was 24.
On that note though, Virtanen hasn't proven nearly enough to fetch Fowler even with adding the clueless Edler

ya well, not every "power forward" makes it , but u continue to hold ur breath bud

draft years

71 45 26 71
VS.
61 24 39 63
VS.
67 29 38 67

nothing about his game suggests hes gonna turn out like bert or lucid, and nothing says he wont turn out like kas or poi, just some of the same things i remember hearing from canuck fans about Kas

GoodbyeLuongo

Jun 8, 2012
Seattle
ya well, not every "power forward" makes it , but u continue to hold ur breath bud

draft years

71 45 26 71
VS.
61 24 39 63
VS.
67 29 38 67

nothing about his game suggests hes gonna turn out like bert or lucid, and nothing says he wont turn out like kas or poi, just some of the same things i remember hearing from canuck fans about Kas

He is 20 freaking years old. If he's 23/24 it's another story. He's 20 and has played 59 games mostly on a crap team and with crap linemates. Giving up on him would be asinine at this point.

PetterssonSimp

Dec 12, 2008
How about Connor McHindu to the can not post list?
No thanks on Fowler. We have Ju coming up on the left side, a signed Edler and an emerging Ben Hutton who I like better than Cam Fowler. Also stuck with as bias on that left side too.
Also Tanev and Gudbranson on the right. Neither of which I want to replace with Fowler as he's not the same kind of defender and wouldn't replace their roles.

Unless the Ducks are selling other teams on acquiring Edler to allow us to acquire Fowler. Canucks are the wrong team for Cam

Braeden

Jul 14, 2009
Virtanen
Hansen
VAN 2ND 2017

for

Fowler
Ritchie

Keep in mind that this years 2nd round looks weak compared to next years. And VAN also gets CBJs 2nd rounder due to the Tortorella hiring before they nixed the draft pick transfer rule.

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
Virtanen
Hansen
VAN 2ND 2017

for

Fowler
Ritchie

Keep in mind that this years 2nd round looks weak compared to next years. And VAN also gets CBJs 2nd rounder due to the Tortorella hiring before they nixed the draft pick transfer rule.

I wouldn't trade Fowler for Virtanen and Hansen. There is no way I'd be willing to add Ritchie.

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
Virtanen
Hansen
VAN 2ND 2017

for

Fowler
Ritchie

Don't see Bob Murray trading one of his young D man to a divisional rival. If Fowler is dealt it will be to an Eastern Conference team if he's dealt period.

Vipers31

Advanced Stagnostic
Aug 29, 2008
Cologne, Germany
Virtanen
Hansen
VAN 2ND 2017

for

Fowler
Ritchie

I don't see any allure for Anaheim. Wouldn't come close to trading Fowler for Hansen + 2nd, nor would I trade Ritchie for Virtanen and a 2nd, and that's an additional 2nd to begin with.

McMatthews

Sep 12, 2007
Jake Virtanen has been terribly managed and developed.

At this point, he looks like Kyle Beach. The odds of him living up to his draft position are very very slim. He was over-drafted and the Canucks likely have other prospects in their organization that would have to be used, instead of Virtanen, for a deal to get done for Cam Fowler.

dream43

Nov 19, 2013
Virtanen and juolevi for lindholm could work if the ducks are ok with adding to the prospect pool.

They already have Shea Thedore, Jacob Larson, Brandon Montour for D Prospects, they dont need prospects as they are trying to win the cup right now.

Ducks in a row

Go Ducks Quack Quack
Dec 17, 2013
U.S.A.
Virtanen
Hansen
VAN 2ND 2017

for

Fowler
Ritchie

No way in hell wouldn't even trade Fowler alone for that let alone adding Ritchie.

skyo

Benning Squad
Sep 22, 2013
CanucksCorner
canuckscorner.com
Jake Virtanen has been terribly managed and developed.

At this point, he looks like Kyle Beach. The odds of him living up to his draft position are very very slim. He was over-drafted and the Canucks likely have other prospects in their organization that would have to be used, instead of Virtanen, for a deal to get done for Cam Fowler.

You realize power forwards PF can take about 4 years to develop right? they typically don't develop as fast as speedy scorers. They are like two-way defensemen they take awhile to come around.

Virtanen is only 20, PF's come into their own what early/mid 20's then dominate till 30ish, then become decent depth vets after that.

McMatthews

Sep 12, 2007
You realize power forwards PF can take about 4 years to develop right? they typically don't develop as fast as speedy scorers. They are like two-way defensemen they take awhile to come around.

Virtanen is only 20, PF's come into their own what early/mid 20's then dominate till 30ish, then become decent depth vets after that.

Powerforwards take time to develop?

Virtanen was the worst player on the WJC team as a 19 year old.

This isn't just about his struggles in the NHL.

looseneditforyou

Apr 30, 2011
How about Connor McHindu to the can not post list?
No thanks on Fowler. We have Ju coming up on the left side, a signed Edler and an emerging Ben Hutton who I like better than Cam Fowler. Also stuck with as bias on that left side too.
Also Tanev and Gudbranson on the right. Neither of which I want to replace with Fowler as he's not the same kind of defender and wouldn't replace their roles.

Unless the Ducks are selling other teams on acquiring Edler to allow us to acquire Fowler. Canucks are the wrong team for Cam

Serious question -- is there a do not post list, ie are certain posters simply banned from the site for stupidity? And if so, why aren't this guy and Mogilny to Bure on it?

Each of these proposals from Canucks fans are terrible. Fowler would probably require either Juolevi or Boeser. And for the Ducks fans refusing prospects on the basis of the fact that the Ducks are competitive now -- they'll still make a trade for valuable futures if it gives them the cap space to get their best defenceman back in the lineup. No team is in a position to trade a young star on an ELC for Fowler. IF the Ducks can't take on salary and are fact looking to shed it, they will get a prospect back, although certainly a very good one.

skyo

Benning Squad
Sep 22, 2013
CanucksCorner
canuckscorner.com

Hey McMatthews, you realize after the WJC Virtanen came back and played much better with the Canucks right.

And this preseason he injured/bruised his shoulder and hasn't been 100% since.

Plus it's just common knowledge power forwards take a lot longer to develop than smaller skilled forwards, if you don't understand that, then just agree to disagree with me. OR we can up our post count in a epic pissing match and derail this thread for a few pages.

TOGuy14

Dec 30, 2010
Toronto
Virtanen has bottom of the bucket hockey IQ. Don't think he is good enough to be the piece for a top pairing guy.

Oct 18, 2011
Virtanen
Hansen
VAN 2ND 2017

for

Fowler
Ritchie

remove ritchie and the answer is still no.

vancouver does not have what it takes to get fowler unless horvat is on the table and obviously the canucks should not be trading him

PetterssonSimp

Dec 12, 2008
Serious question -- is there a do not post list, ie are certain posters simply banned from the site for stupidity? And if so, why aren't this guy and Mogilny to Bure on it?

Each of these proposals from Canucks fans are terrible. Fowler would probably require either Juolevi or Boeser. And for the Ducks fans refusing prospects on the basis of the fact that the Ducks are competitive now -- they'll still make a trade for valuable futures if it gives them the cap space to get their best defenceman back in the lineup. No team is in a position to trade a young star on an ELC for Fowler. IF the Ducks can't take on salary and are fact looking to shed it, they will get a prospect back, although certainly a very good one.

Idk it's just he's one of the worst. And he frequents here.

Fowler to Van is like the Tanev to Toronto thread. Just doesn't make sense. At least not for a left shooting defender. Even tho Cam is great, he doesn't fit our needs. The Ducks can do bretter from someone else

Huggy43

Jan 13, 2016
Burnaby, BC

Because we all know how the World Juniors are an accurate gauge of how a player will pan out. Remember when Cody Hodgson out scored John Tavares in 2009? Now he's retired at 26.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad