Post-Game Talk: Canucks def. Preds - 4-3 (OT) (Boeser x3, Lindholm) | I JUST HAD A BABY

ManVanFan

Mar 28, 2024
It would be nice if they played to win and not watched the other team play until they remember the games are worth something now and might want to try.

• Haha
Reactions: kanucks25 and quat

theguardianII

Jan 30, 2020
Lmao that Preds fan throws up gang signs at Hughes
That was Boeser's best game of the year. Engaged, forechecking and shooting and not just waiting for the puck to get to him.

Silovs play great and relaxed, looked like another game.
The AHL goalies on the sheet in a NHL playoff game, those guys are the future.

The two 3rd period goals maybe showed how to beat the Preds, both goals the Canuck forwards got behind the Pred defence, right in front of the goalie. Zadorov net front worked.

4/5 years ago Demko stepped in and almost stole a series, not just a game. I posted before I figured Silvos and Topolio would end up being the guys. I wonder what's with DeSmith? I don't think it was an injury maybe illness?

Zadorov is sure left alone, nobody gets close, I wonder if he showers? :D :D Lots of respect from the Preds.

That sandwich hit Hughes absorbed was a lot more of an impact than it looked, that kind pops a rib/sternum. It definitely winded him.

It is hard to find a description for that game except they won. Very low event hockey.

Last edited:

tantalum

Hope for the best. Expect the worst
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
I had 4 games yesterday as our playoffs wrapped up. I play in our B and C leagues....Not sure I'll ever do C again. I was asked to join to help out and teach but I'm tired of being hacked with the refs using a "they are learning still" as an excuse for no call. Because they are learning is precisely the reason it needs to be called. Anyways....I missed the game.

I see a lot fo talk about how bad the canucks were and that is likely the case. But the interesting thing in these games is that the Preds aren't creating a lot of scoring chances and lanes are being kept clear for the goaltenders. I watched a few highlight packs and there aren't a huge number of big saves being shown when normally they would be. I look at natural stat trick and the scoring chances are about even.

Either way a win is a win is a win. Third string goaltender in his first playoff game. A dressing room that is likely still battling the flu. Ending this in 5 would be huge so that everyone can recover a bit.

LuckyDay

Mar 25, 2011
The Uncanny Valley
I noticed that too, but thought maybe his ribs are killing him. I know when I have had a rib injury raising the arms is torture. Probably bruising, and there's not much you can do really, but they do have to protect him better.
I'm worried about that too - broken rib or sternum. Used to love the Malachi Crunch and it's usually a penalty but not this time for some reason.
I hope he's able to play Tuesday.

Reactions: ziploc

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021
On “deserving”, I think the Canucks deserved Games 1 and 2 while the Preds deserved 3 and 4. That we managed to take some games we didn’t deserve is a huge bonus - and I hope the Canucks capitalize on this and come out like their asses are on fire on Tuesday.
All i care about is winning. Championship teams just win even when playing bad. So I dont care about the process in playoffs but care more about results at this point. Nashville could be "deserving" to win all games in this series but at the end, without results, they wont even get a cookie for all their efforts.

Reactions: calnuck

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
I've watched the highlights twice this morning because my brain was convinced I dreamed the whole thing.

This is the first time I can recall in quite a while I've watched a winning goal series like ten times. Underrated is Lindholm sniping and showing his old finish around the net. Similarly, his pass to Boeser on the second was real nice poise.

Reactions: bh53 and Indiana

vadim sharifijanov

Oct 10, 2007
All i care about is winning. Championship teams just win even when playing bad. So I dont care about the process in playoffs but care more about results at this point. Nashville could be "deserving" to win all games in this series but at the end, without results, they wont even get a cookie for all their efforts.

they would get a cookie if their gm was sheldon keefe

ziploc

Aug 29, 2003
Vancouver
they would get a cookie if their gm was sheldon keefe
1714402388834.png

ChilliBilly

Aug 22, 2007
chilliwacki
I'm worried about that too - broken rib or sternum. Used to love the Malachi Crunch and it's usually a penalty but not this time for some reason.
I hope he's able to play Tuesday.
you can't play through a broken rib or sternum. I was dumb enough to play soccer 20 - 25 years ago with a cracked rib. When I had a broken rib I could not sleep in a bed for 6 weeks, and I had to take 5 months off of hockey. It was horrible. (there is a massive difference between a cracked rib and broken rib) I have cracked them twice when I was much younger, but the broken rib was 10 years ago.

So good story. My wife had said one more injury like that I had to give up hockey. (She had to get up every 2 hours for 4 - 5 days to make sure I took my pain medication) I told the guys at hockey what she said, and one guys response was "so you are one injury away from having to get a new wife?"

alternate

Win the week!
Jun 9, 2006
victoria
giphy.gif

Still rocking out to that OT win

but then my x wife and her friend reminded me that was also their best 3:57 of their lives as well

giphy.gif

I was truly humbled today :biglaugh:

"and her friend."

Nice.

Want to give Blueger a little love. Guy has been the perfect 4C this series. Physical, causing turnovers, solid defensively. Feel he's going to have a couple big goals before we wrap this season up.

BenningHurtsMySoul

Unfair Huggy Bear
Mar 18, 2008
Port Coquitlam, BC
"and her friend."

Nice.

Want to give Blueger a little love. Guy has been the perfect 4C this series. Physical, causing turnovers, solid defensively. Feel he's going to have a couple big goals before we wrap this season up.

He's been up and down for me. Couple really dumb penalties.

He had an incredible backcheck yesterday (I think it was on ROR) where he knocked his check right off the puck.

Reactions: kanucks25

SopelFanThe3rd

Cock of the Walk
Oct 25, 2020
Your Mother's House.
Sicker thanks @LordBacon at a truck stop.

He's been up and down for me. Couple really dumb penalties.

He had an incredible backcheck yesterday (I think it was on ROR) where he knocked his check right off the puck.
I wish Pettersson would play with half the effort Blueger, Suter and Garland play with. These guys are glue guys that do anything it takes to win.

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
Never say that...ever. Playoffs are playoffs and sometimes you get lucky and win and sometimes you dont. Canucks have certainly been on the other side before so i could care less about beimg deserved to win or not. This is why we play the games.

Playoffs are playoffs, the most brutally honest truth.

Luck is the residue of design. Sissons shitting the bed was our luck, but if BB6 didn't score the 3-2 goal, and Hughes didn't completely undress Nyquist turning it into 6 on 4, and the whole team didn't push the line and worked their asses off, that luck would only be salt on a humiliating 3-2 wound.

ChilliBilly

Aug 22, 2007
chilliwacki
okay may be being petty, but watched the highlights for the 3rd time, and there was some remark about this being the 8th time in history a team has come back from a 2 goal deficit in the last 2 minutes and then won. How in the world is scoring at 17:11 in the last 2 minutes.

Not meaning to take anything away from one of the greatest Canucks wins ever.

BenningHurtsMySoul

Unfair Huggy Bear
Mar 18, 2008
Port Coquitlam, BC
I still can't believe that first shot by Boeser off the side of the net didn't bounce out of his reach. Incredible hand-eye to wrap it in while stopping, under a metric ton of pressure, and with zero Preds in the vicinity. Absolutely everything had to go right, and it did.

Also interesting that Saros came a fraction of an inch from stopping it with his stick, which would have made it the undeniable save of the playoffs. And further, Nyquist came all the way back to the crease after being blown out by Hughes, nearly preventing it from crossing the line.

Just goes to show how the smallest details change everything. The sheer amount of good fortune makes me think Papa Boeser provided some divine intervention.

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
I still can't believe that first shot by Boeser off the side of the net didn't bounce out of his reach. Incredible hand-eye to wrap it in while stopping, under a metric ton of pressure, and with zero Preds in the vicinity. Absolutely everything had to go right, and it did.

Also interesting that Saros came a fraction of an inch from stopping it with his stick, which would have made it the undeniable save of the playoffs. And further, Nyquist came all the way back to the crease after being blown out by Hughes, nearly preventing it from crossing the line.

Just goes to show how the smallest details change everything. The sheer amount of good fortune makes me think Papa Boeser provided some divine intervention.

Boeser was not to be denied last night.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad