Post-Game Talk: Canucks def. Preds - 4-3 (OT) (Boeser x3, Lindholm) | I JUST HAD A BABY

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
Tocchet said a few weeks ago that (in the playoffs) you have to win some games you don't deserve to win ..This was one of them...It seems like this game was tied/won by divine intervention.

If you PVR'd the game..I'd recommend only watching the last 5 minutes of the 3rd period, going into OT.

VanillaCoke

Oct 30, 2013
never looked bad for people who weren't looking for it to
wjq8KM.gif

Reactions: LordBacon

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
Lotto line
Lindy line
Hog-Suter-Mikheyev
4th line

Finish the business in G5 and we go from there

Yeah. This is the only real lineup change i'd make.

Just try to get a little spark into Pettersson and get Hoglander away from that. It's not working.

Really just need to flip-flop Pettersson and Suter and doesn't disrupt anything else. Suter has been going pretty well too...just no finish. So let those three just figure it out together. They're all ~that type~ of player. Get greasy, keep the effort up...they'll crash on in at some point.

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
Yeah. This is the only real lineup change i'd make.

Just try to get a little spark into Pettersson and get Hoglander away from that. It's not working.

Really just need to flip-flop Pettersson and Suter and doesn't disrupt anything else. Suter has been going pretty well too...just no finish. So let those three just figure it out together. They're all ~that type~ of player. Get greasy, keep the effort up...they'll crash on in at some point.

It would not be totally outrageous to scratch Hoglander for Podz at this point. He hasn't been doing much of anything.

Reactions: WetcoastOrca

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
It would not be totally outrageous to scratch Hoglander for Podz at this point. He hasn't been doing much of anything.

I just don't see the point. At least, not before trying some other things.

Podkolzin is the guy i'd be keeping in reserve. For when you really need a spark. When you really need to make a change. Also Podkolzin has absolutely no finish either.

It's also the kind of thing that'd probably shatter Hoglander's confidence, which is probably already teetering on the brink at this point. And broken confidence Hoglander sucks a lot.

Just get Hoggy on a line that gets him back to basics and gets to the net. Mikheyev can help with that and offset Hoglander's lack of size and speed. Suter has been getting to the right places and getting pucks there too...just no finish. I say plug 'em all in together and let them fight their way out of it together. Hoggy's finish around the net is probably exactly what they need.

arttk

Feb 16, 2006
Los Angeles
One weird thing is Calgary Puck is oddly supportive of the Canucks in the playoffs. They want the Canucks to knock out Edmonton, plus the Canucks winning 5 more games upgrades the pick in the Lindholm trade for them.

Very strange, but I'll take it. It seems like that Flames-Canucks alliance is still going strong.

We both hate the whiny ass Oilers

hookshott

Dec 13, 2016
This is going to be controversial after the regular season he had, but should the Canucks consider swapping out Hoglander for Podkolzin in game 5?

He's averaging 9:21 TOI/GP with only 2 shots this series, and his (lack of) size has been showing this series.
Not a chance!

LuckyDay

Mar 25, 2011
The Uncanny Valley
Tocchet said a few weeks ago that (in the playoffs) you have to win some games you don't deserve to win ..This was one of them...It seems like this game was tied/won by divine intervention.

If you PVR'd the game..I'd recommend only watching the last 5 minutes of the 3rd period, going into OT.
This is exactly what I wanted to say

Good teams find ways to win

Reactions: Indiana

Bougieman

Nov 12, 2008
Vancouver
This is going to be controversial after the regular season he had, but should the Canucks consider swapping out Hoglander for Podkolzin in game 5?

He's averaging 9:21 TOI/GP with only 2 shots this series, and his (lack of) size has been showing this series.
I would actually swing for the fences and sit Petey for game 5. Bring in Podz for a game. I think it might be what he needs to wake him up. It certainly couldn't hurt, because I haven't see him play this poorly before. Surely it couldn't be worse when he comes back in game 6?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad