Post-Game Talk: Canucks def. Preds - 4-3 (OT) (Boeser x3, Lindholm) | I JUST HAD A BABY

nuxnux1

Oct 17, 2022
One of the little joys in life is reading the oilers board after a win and seeing them cry, they’re so obsessed and delusional calling the canucks lucky when they got 5 first overalls, sensitive bunch over there too, got a warning for liking some posts lol

Indiana

Mar 17, 2008
Canada
Ian Clark has continued to establish this franchise as a goalie factory

It's one of the differences between us & Edmonton.

We got Ian Clark, they got Dustin Schwartz.

Their guy is a magician at making goalies do worse.

g7s6j2T.jpg

Reactions: LuckyDay

Nuckles

_________
Apr 27, 2010
heck
This is going to be controversial after the regular season he had, but should the Canucks consider swapping out Hoglander for Podkolzin in game 5?

He's averaging 9:21 TOI/GP with only 2 shots this series, and his (lack of) size has been showing this series.

Tables of Stats

Nov 1, 2011
Vancouver, BC
This is going to be controversial after the regular season he had, but should the Canucks consider swapping out Hoglander for Podkolzin in game 5?

He's averaging 9:21 TOI/GP with only 2 shots this series, and his (lack of) size has been showing this series.
I'd try it for a game. Hoglander just doesn't have it right now.

Reactions: Indiana

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC

I don’t think this team can aafford to bench a 20 goal scorer. There’s tons of players not getting enough shots.

LuckyDay

Mar 25, 2011
The Uncanny Valley
This has to be the first time in NHL history a team has had 3 different goalies have wins in the same playoff series, no?
TNT pointed out that Vegas used 5 but that wasn't one series AFAIK.
Donnie and Dhali point out the Canucks used 3 goalies in 2004 against Calgary: Cloutier; Hedberg; and Auld.
In 2020 Vegas it was Markstrom, Demko, and Domingue as a backup.
in the Calgary series Auld was the OT loser.

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
One of the little joys in life is reading the oilers board after a win and seeing them cry, they’re so obsessed and delusional calling the canucks lucky when they got 5 first overalls, sensitive bunch over there too, got a warning for liking some posts lol

I'd honestly be more optimistic in a series against a run-and-gun team with sketchy goaltending and defense than play another one of these heavy teams that clog everything up. Especially if Demko can get back.

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010

Kind worried Hoggy might be one of those players who has to play at absolute max intensity at all times in the regular season to be as effective as he is. But that doesn't give him "another gear" for the playoffs.

But nah. I'd still just keep Podkolzin in reserve. Bring him in when you really need a lift...or a healthy body.

They didn't control the game whatsoever, but they now control the series. I'd just roll with the same lineup next game. If anything, i'd just try to get Hoglander away from Pettersson. Neither of them is good for the other. It just doesn't work. Especially when they're both in a bit of a slump.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad