Post-Game Talk: Canucks def. Preds - 4-3 (OT) (Boeser x3, Lindholm) | I JUST HAD A BABY

Nuckles

_________
Apr 27, 2010
heck
"The Canucks became only the second team in NHL history with three different goalies to win each of their first three games in a postseason. Vancouver also did it during the 2004 Western quarterfinals with Dan Cloutier in Game 1, Johan Hedberg in Game 3 and Alex Auld in Game 6.

Chicago in the 1972 quarterfinals was the only other team in NHL history with three different goalies to win a game at any point in a series. Tony Esposito won Game 1, Gary Smith took Game 3 and Gerry Desjardins was in net for Game 4."

:laugh:

innitfam

Oct 18, 2017

kanucks25

Chris Tanev #1 Fan
Nov 29, 2013
Surrey, BC
Not gonna lie... even after the 2nd goal I didn't have much faith and I was getting a tad worried about the series in general because that was like almost 6 consecutive periods of pretty bad play. Coupled with Pettersson being a liability, I was starting to wonder about what our path to victory going forward would be. So it doesn't mean we're going to magically play better now but I can't see us losing 3 games in a row with 2 at home.

Like DeSmith last game, Silovs wasn't incredible but he took care of business. Biggest thing is how comfortable and confident he looked. Given his more "modern" size and playstyle, would be hard to play CDS over him I think but I wouldn't be surprised if they defer to the veteran once again if he's healthy.

Boeser with what you can simply call a big dick performance. He and Miller were by far our best two players over the two games in Nashville, absolutely carried the offense.

3rd line has been quiet since game 1 but needless to say, what a massive goal in OT off a classic Garland play. Cole with a couple smart plays on that shift, as well, to keep the play alive and a nice smart o-zone change by Boeser to allow Garland to get on and make that play. And then of course the excellent Lindholm play on Boeser's 2nd goal. Thankfully Joshua looked to be skating a bit better than he did last game after getting hurt off that blocked shot.

Pettersson with a pretty disgraceful performance. Mikheyev is useless and Hoglander faded after a decent 1st period. Not sure where you go from here with this line or even all 3 of these players individually.

Hughes continued his shaky play from game 3 but I actually thought he looked better after missing a few shifts due to that sandwich hit that seemed to hurt him. Incredible ankle-breaker move on the point to help setup the late goal. His partner Hronek continued his mostly blah performance and I think the coaches are noticing it too given his low-ish ice-time over the past couple games. Perhaps someone we can use better at home with some sheltered o-zone starts.

The other 4 D-men were fine. Nobody was great as they all kind of took turns making a bad read or play but nobody was awful. Myers have have been the most solid of all the D.

BWJM

Sponsor
Mar 16, 2011
We actually feel like a team. I sure hope some guys take a hit on $$$ to stay and play here. If Hronek asks for 7.5+++ send him packing.

It really stings to say that though, as I probably have the most "valuable" collection of his rookie cards in the world.

Bobby9

Feb 10, 2019
IMG_6093.png

kanucks25

Chris Tanev #1 Fan
Nov 29, 2013
Surrey, BC
I think the best development through four games other than the fact this team has a lot of heart and resilience. Is the pk has been really good. This will be key when they probably play the Oilers next round.

Yes the PK has been solid. As much as I don't like Blueger and PDG as players in a vacuum, they've done a great job shorthanded.

Reactions: Indiana and calnuck

wonton15

Höglander
Dec 13, 2009
It’s also becoming very clear that Hronek is in fact not that good, and that Zadorov is providing way too much value in the playoffs to let him walk. Zadorov’s ability to target their best players, provide a level of f**k you swagger physicality, skating ability, and long reach is something you win with.

I’d give Zadorov a 5x5 to match our window if we could.

kanucks25

Chris Tanev #1 Fan
Nov 29, 2013
Surrey, BC
Also, take a look at the replay on the tying goal. Hughes celebrated like it was a preseason goal, did not give two shits they just tied a playoff game with 10 seconds left. :huh::laugh:

Looks like he did crack a smile on the OT winner though lol.

1714354034529.png

arttk

Feb 16, 2006
Los Angeles
It’s also becoming very clear that Hronek is in fact not that good, and that Zadorov is providing way too much value in the playoffs to let him walk. Zadorov’s ability to target their best players, provide a level of f**k you swagger physicality, skating ability, and long reach is something you win with.

Hard to imagine GMs will be willing to show up with the cash he wants considering how he’s playing this playoffs.

ChilliBilly

Aug 22, 2007
chilliwacki
We actually feel like a team. I sure hope some guys take a hit on $$$ to stay and play here. If Hronek asks for 7.5+++ send him packing.

It really stings to say that though, as I probably have the most "valuable" collection of his rookie cards in the world.
Agreed. I almost stopped watching this game. Overjoyed , and the 2 I want back are Joshua and Z. Lindholm will have to seriously drop his asking price, and Hronek is not worth close to what they say he is asking

SiZ

Jun 24, 2020

Now that I think of it, I'm not sure who I would take if the Nucks only had to choose one of Zadorov and Hronek.

Reactions: Indiana

Ad

Upcoming events

• Latvia vs Kazakhstan
    Latvia vs Kazakhstan
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $265.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Norway vs Denmark
    Norway vs Denmark
    Wagers: 2