Post-Game Talk: Canucks def. Preds - 4-3 (OT) (Boeser x3, Lindholm) | I JUST HAD A BABY

LuckyDay

Mar 25, 2011
The Uncanny Valley
20240428_172148.jpg

TruKnyte

On the wagon
Jan 1, 2012
Vancouver, BC
Take a bow, Arty. Silovs coming up huge - really the only guy who seemed to have it together from start to finish.

Brock Boeser…continues an unbelievable rejuvenating season. 40 goals on the season, and a hat trick here.

And Elias Lindholm in OT (off ANOTHER amazing pass from Garland)…after all the handwringing about the Lindholm trade, that goal is an absolute behemoth.

To go from being seconds away from a crushing loss to snatching victory from the jaws of defeat…just amazing.

Now just keep getting pucks to the net in Game 5 - learn from this and do it consistently, boys.

WOOOOOOOO!!!

Guy kept us in it when the rest of the team was sleepwalking. Praying he’s our Cam Ward

timw33

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 18, 2007
Victoria
Was sitting there completely demoralized and dejected for about 55 minutes, feeling horrible about our near term prospects, and then....NSH left a crack open and the Canucks just crawled right in and made themselves at home. The second insane momentum swing in-game of the series after that 12 second stretch in Game 1.

What was absurd to me was that the plays they were trying all game long, namely shot-fake-passes for high slot tips, and cross crease passes, finally worked in the final 3 minutes of the game.

NSH completely choked that game away after spending the game completely choking the Canucks out.

Absolutely some adjustments are needed for G5 though. Do not let this become an extended series. Loved Zadorov in the net front. Liked seeing Hronek finally getting benched in final few minutes.

McDavid is too whiny

I lejdjejejejejjejejjdjdjjdjdjdndndnnddndhdjdjdndd
Sponsor
May 3, 2021
Take a bow, Arty. Silovs coming up huge - really the only guy who seemed to have it together from start to finish.

Brock Boeser…continues an unbelievable rejuvenating season. 40 goals on the season, and a hat trick here.

And Elias Lindholm in OT (off ANOTHER amazing pass from Garland)…after all the handwringing about the Lindholm trade, that goal is an absolute behemoth.

To go from being seconds away from a crushing loss to snatching victory from the jaws of defeat…just amazing.

Now just keep getting pucks to the net in Game 5 - learn from this and do it consistently, boys.

WOOOOOOOO!!!
Lindholm won a battle to preserve possession and get the puck to the point before he scored as well. And he got robbed the other day not getting an assist on that Joshua goal. Guy's nails.

Baby Pettersson

Mar 8, 2014
Saskatoon
This game signifies a LOT of things for the Canucks.

1) Some of the big name delivered in the clutch. Boeser namely, as well as Miller and Lindholm.

I still want to see more from Hughes, and Pettersson of course has been bad.

But the fact that they were able to steal a game like this is huge for our chances moving forward. Your best players need to be able to score when you need it.

2) Silovs looked steady. I wonder if he inspires more confidence in the team than DeSmith does? (DeSmith was good in Game 3 - but shaky in Game 2).

Steady goaltending is an absolute must for a series against the Oilers. I still hope that Demko can return, but if he can't, Silovs might be able to give us a chance?

3) An opportunity to end the series in 5 games and buy some rest for everyone (Hughes desperately needs it).

Hopefully the Kings can win one more game and push their series longer, buying us even more time.
Technically round 2 won't begin until all the round one games are concluded correct?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad