Post-Game Talk: Canucks def. Jets - 3-1 (Hoglander x2, Horvat)

mossey3535

Feb 7, 2011
Hogs could have done anything Highmore did out there.....SMH

This is why Green isn't an NHL-level coach. What does the team have to play for really? Not like it was a one goal lead. He just clings to the same old patterns....which are totally ineffective! How are we giving up 40+ shots in 10+ games of a 50 game season!!?!!>!>!

Total failure in terms of leadership, inspiration, and actual X- and O- tactics.

Cupless44

Jun 25, 2014
Glad to see a win, especially on the back of a great game from Hoglander.

But some straight up assholery from Green in not giving Hoglander a shot at the empty net.

Sometimes his old school act is really annoying. I can take him or leave him next year.

So obvious him and Benning are desperate to play Highmore in favourable spots in an attempt to justify a crappy trade

Reactions: mossey3535

Catamarca Livin

Jul 29, 2010
Not sure how anyone could be shocked by anything dumb Green does at this point.
More important to get Vessey or Highmore their first goals. Green has a code that is different than everyone else. You reward your best players because they are why you win. Hoglander was the best player he is very good defensively as well. No reason for him not to be out there.

mossey3535

Feb 7, 2011
Even if you're just trying to win the game... wouldn't you want your best player at stripping the puck out there?

Huge double standard energy from Green, he just uses it as an excuse to distract from the fact he has only a couple of coaching tricks in his bag, and they all revolve around leaning on veterans while scapegoating skill players and rookies.

wonton15

Höglander
Dec 13, 2009
Having Highmore instead of Hog out there in garbage time of a garbage season is funny

vadim sharifijanov

Oct 10, 2007
I bet by some cosmic f***ery Sutter will be head coach next year.

i can just see it. first game next year against the flames, darryl looks over at the bench and starts uncontrollably laughing, and laughing, and laughing until his cold shriveled up heart can’t take it anymore and he dies.

Reactions: geebster

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
Good God, Green is a goddamn jackass keeping Hoglander on the bench for the empty net. What a pigeon.
There was over a minute to play..I'm sure Hog was going to play the last minute...The line that was on the ice, iced the puck...Had to stay on the ice, and got hemmed in their own zone till the end of the game..

I'm sure the intention was to get him out there.

mossey3535

Feb 7, 2011
Many of posted to curse out Green back at around the 2 minute mark when Hogs wasn't out, Green isn't good enough to get Hogs out there in the last minutes. Also, we usually get hemmed until the last moment so we all knew if he wasn't on the ice then he wouldn't be near the end.

Cupless44

Jun 25, 2014
There was over a minute to play..I'm sure Hog was going to play the last minute...The line that was on the ice, iced the puck...Had to stay on the ice, and got hemmed in their own zone till the end of the game..

Do you ever stop with the excuses for this management team?

Reactions: J Corso

bandwagonesque

I eat Kraft Dinner and I vote
Mar 5, 2014
People are overreacting to a minor event, then policing other poster's reactions to their overreaction. Benning has driven you all crazy and you won't be normal again until at least two years after he's fired.

Reactions: Nomobo

Catamarca Livin

Jul 29, 2010

No, that was not the intention there was 2 and a half minutes a tv timeout and another long delay he choose not to play him. If you plan to play him you do it before another player scores you do not save him for last minute. He was not playing again period. His linemates played without him. Sorry but he was sat on purpose with 2 goals and a two goal lead. I am sure he does not consider personal stats which I agree with when games mean something but not in this situation.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad