Post-Game Talk: Canucks def. Avs - 4-3 (Mikheyev, Horvat, Dries, Bear)

Who wins

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

BenningHurtsMySoul

Unfair Huggy Bear
Mar 18, 2008
Port Coquitlam, BC
The whole Dickinson fiasco is just peak Benning/Canuck stupidity.

You spend a 3rd round pick to trade for a player, deploy them in an asinine way, then spend an additional 2nd in a strong draft to acquire a middling defenceman that fits in with the Sea of Granlunds. And then you play them regardless of how they're performing.

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013

You spend a 3rd round pick to trade for a player, deploy them in an asinine way, then spend an additional 2nd in a strong draft to acquire a middling defenceman that fits in with the Sea of Granlunds. And then you play them regardless of how they're performing.
The 2nd is in 2024 but I still agree. Would much rather just eat the JD contract and keep the pick

Blue and Green

Out to lunch
Dec 17, 2017

That's a very charitable description of Stillman, "middling." Extremely charitable, really.

Reactions: LordBacon

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
How is Stillman not in the AHL? Who makes that call.

I would rather they just sent Rathbone down to get minutes and sit Stillman in the press box. I assume that's the plan when Dermott is back.

theguardianII

Jan 30, 2020
If Martin wins today it's getting get real spicy.
Even worse is Martin is a, was a borderline ECHL guy until Clarke got him and with the weakness of this team, if he is winning that really is bad for Demko.

Beginning to think Demko gets up for the game (not spiritually) and the stuff (little white pill) wears off as the game goes on.

If Demko did need another operation they would play him as long as they think there is a chance if there isn't any risk of further injury. Then there is Demko himself might hide how bad an injury is believing he can help the team and is in denial.

Cancuks

Former Exalted Ruler
Jan 13, 2014
At the EI office
Stillman is clearly a Rutherford favorite. Remember, this is the guy who traded for Badbranson when he was GM for Pittsburgh, along with Ceci, Matheson, Jack Johnson...like Benning he loves his crappy defensemen.

Reactions: lawrence

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
So it's U.S. Thanksgiving, and the Canucks are nowhere near the playoffs. And the odds of going on any kind of run to make it,, become astronomically long. It's fact that that 80 percent of the time a team below the playoff bar at the 20-game mark, finishes there.

I suppose it's a possibility the Canucks will be the exception to the rule. But this team can't win three in a row, much less the eight or nine that it would take to get back into it.

So once again,. we're reduced to 'moral victories' and 'rays of optimism' to rationalize away another lost season. So it probably takes the pressure off. If the Canucks lose to tonight--it's 'whatever'.

Reactions: theguardianII

mathonwy

Positively #toxic
Jan 21, 2008

Jimbo is shadow president. 😱

• Haha
Reactions: theguardianII

alternate

Win the week!
Jun 9, 2006
victoria
It's not whether we are going to win or lose that is the question. It's whether we are going to blow a third period lead, or just do it the old fashioned way.

Time for Allvin to make a signature move already.

Tact

Jul 9, 2006
If Canucks win or get 1 point - I think you have to roll with Martin as your number one and Demko as backup.

He’s 4-1-1

Hit the post

I have your gold medal Zippy!
Oct 1, 2015
Hiding under WTG's bed...
Stillman is clearly a Rutherford favorite. Remember, this is the guy who traded for Badbranson when he was GM for Pittsburgh, along with Ceci, Matheson, Jack Johnson...like Benning he loves his crappy defensemen.
I always hoped it was JR feeling guilty about @#$@#$ Benning in the Bonino/Sutter trade. It appears JR was just going thru the beginnings of dementia.

theguardianII

Jan 30, 2020
So it's U.S. Thanksgiving, and the Canucks are nowhere near the playoffs. And the odds of going on any kind of run to make it,, become astronomically long. It's fact that that 80 percent of the time a team below the playoff bar at the 20-game mark, finishes there.

I suppose it's a possibility the Canucks will be the exception to the rule. But this team can't win three in a row, much less the eight or nine that it would take to get back into it.

So once again,. we're reduced to 'moral victories' and 'rays of optimism' to rationalize away another lost season. So it probably takes the pressure off. If the Canucks lose to tonight--it's 'whatever'.
Don't worry they will be able to win 8 or 9 in a row at the end of the season when some teams go FULL TANK for better draft positions. Then they will fail by 6 points and the refrain is "they are so close next year will be different" and some suckers will plan the parade

And fans blaming the coach AGAIN, like the team is really good just not playing good for the coach, RIIiiiiGHT, all the coaches fault.

Who cares if Stillman plays or not, has any set of players made a difference? The team is losing better than 2 games for very win, just like last year with that other coach and the year before that and the year before that and .....

Guess it is getting hard to keep selling vets like Pettersson and Hughes "great new youth" or all the mid to late 20's and 30's guys, that actually make a difference, as "this young team", Sure they are young to Button they are younger than him.

Lose tonight and

Attachments

• 1669249181946.gif
    1669249181946.gif
    333.5 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

mathonwy

Positively #toxic
Jan 21, 2008
It’s really hard to cheer for a team that consistently blows multi goal leads.

scoring goals becomes meaningless after awhile.

Reactions: Grantham

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
I didnt realize how accurate that "Thanksgiving spot" is

Over the past 3 seasons in a regular 82 game schedule, 89% of teams in a playoff spot on thanksgiving night made the playoffs

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
I didnt realize how accurate that "Thanksgiving spot" is

Over the past 3 seasons in a regular 82 game schedule, 89% of teams in a playoff spot on thanksgiving night made the playoffs
Most of the time, that 11% is within 2-3 points or just haven’t played a ton of games yet. Like the 10-6 Bruins were not in it at thanksgiving because teams around them had played 17-20 games

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad