Confirmed with Link: Canucks announce Development Camp Roster

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Most of the prospects that have spent time in the professional ranks aren’t at this camp. Same as Lekkerimaki, Pettersson, and Forsell.
It'll more interesting to see who shows up in Penticton for the Young-stars tournament this fall. Obviously the kids in college like Wilander and Celebrini won't be eligible......but there should a sprinkling of a few guys who played in Abbotsford last season.

I suppose there's a chance that guys like Raty, Felton, D-Petey, Lekerrimaki and McWard might make their way there.

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
I’ve complained about this for a few years in a row, just pure lack of communication. I’m starting to believe it’s intentional rather than incompetence or laziness.

But I think it’ll be open. Someone here said it was open on Tuesday so Thursday shouldn’t be different. I’ll be heading there for the scrimmage. Hopefully the rink is dog friendly, as I’m fostering atm.
I gave you a like not only for the post but for fostering a dog.

Need more people doing this.

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
Sedins beat them all. Most of them have a long ways to go to become physically ready for professional hockey.

Not sure how that is relevant to my comment about Mynio being skinny. I think you can be skinny and still do well on the grouse grind.

Daniel (followed by Henrik) hold the Canucks' record for fastest Grouse Grind finishes. Their ability to complete the grouse grind is legendary among hockey players. Daniel in particular is known for running in marathons as well. Sedins destroying kids at the Grouse Grind every year is fun to hear for many of us of course.

Reactions: quat

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Apparently the Sedins once again lapped the prospect field in the Grouse Grind. They've been retired for six years, and turn 44 in September. One prospect was left wondering if 'these guys are human or not".

But that's the example the Sedins can set for these young players. Getting to the NHL and staying there, is as much about dogged hard work as it is talent. And Henrik and Daniel basically willed themselves into the Hockey Hall of Fame.

Vancouver is just so fortunate that they stuck around to contribute their talents to player development for the next generation of Canucks.

Feb 20, 2013
Apparently the Sedins once again lapped the prospect field in the Grouse Grind. They've been retired for six years, and turn 44 in September. One prospect was left wondering if 'these guys are human or not".

But that's the example the Sedins can set for these young players. Getting to the NHL and staying there, is as much about dogged hard work as it is talent. And Henrik and Daniel basically willed themselves into the Hockey Hall of Fame.

Vancouver is just so fortunate that they stuck around to contribute their talents to player development for the next generation of Canucks.

To be fair to these prospects, being in shape for hockey is completely different to being in shape for running (or run-hiking). Hockey players are focused more on short burst power rather than endurance.

The Sedins have always been more on the endurance end of the spectrum for hockey players, but they are actively training as runners now and probably a lot lighter than during their hockey careers. For instance, Henrik ran a 1:22 in the half marathon this year: Vancouver Half Marathon - Half Marathon | Sportstats

ManVanFan

Mar 28, 2024
Not sure how that is relevant to my comment about Mynio being skinny. I think you can be skinny and still do well on the grouse grind.

Daniel (followed by Henrik) hold the Canucks' record for fastest Grouse Grind finishes. Their ability to complete the grouse grind is legendary among hockey players. Daniel in particular is known for running in marathons as well. Sedins destroying kids at the Grouse Grind every year is fun to hear for many of us of course.
So you are saying that Mynio is physically ready for professional hockey. Gotcha.

ManVanFan

Mar 28, 2024
so how did the kids play in the camp? hopefully they are all doing great
The only player that stood out sounded like Willander. Not surprising because he was the only player there drafted in the first or second round. Hopefully in time some others can take a large leap forward. Organization really needs that to happen.

Last edited:
Reactions: Vancouver_2010

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
The only player that stood out sounded like Willander. Not surprising because he was the only player there drafted in the first or second round. Hopefully in time some others can take a large leap forward. Organization ready needs that to happen.
Development camps provide a 'benchmark' for players and coaches. For the coaches, it's an opportunity to assess not only the kids you've just drafted, but more importantly how your previous draft picks have improved, year over year.

So from that perspective, the recently concluded development camp was encouraging. A lot of the guys drafted one and two years ago, have dramatically improved their games. And that's really all you're looking for by the time you are picking kids in rounds 3-7.

Camp watchers report that the likes of Bloom, Arliksson, Mynio, Celebrini, Kudryvatsev and Koskenuvo have all made dramatic strides in their overall play. Seems obvious that most, if not all of them, will eventually make their way to Abbotsford.

What they eventually become is up to them. And that's about the best you can hope for right now.

vadim sharifijanov

Oct 10, 2007
To be fair to these prospects, being in shape for hockey is completely different to being in shape for running (or run-hiking). Hockey players are focused more on short burst power rather than endurance.

The Sedins have always been more on the endurance end of the spectrum for hockey players, but they are actively training as runners now and probably a lot lighter than during their hockey careers. For instance, Henrik ran a 1:22 in the half marathon this year: Vancouver Half Marathon - Half Marathon | Sportstats

not body shaming anybody but i am realizing maybe there is just a lifestyle and culture difference between vancouver and phoenix/scottsdale

1720367276149.png

1720367353430.jpeg

u4yekp1qja651.png

1720367894127.jpeg

1720368275500.jpeg

that’s why i always say (said) that anyone who goes out of their way to sign with the coyotes (rip) as a UFA later in their careers, as roenick and hull both did, comes with a major red flag and is probably no longer serious about competing.

Last edited:

rypper

21-12-05 it's finally over.
Dec 22, 2006
Are the twins both raw dogging the grind? Like no music, pods, anything?

ManVanFan

Mar 28, 2024
Development camps provide a 'benchmark' for players and coaches. For the coaches, it's an opportunity to assess not only the kids you've just drafted, but more importantly how your previous draft picks have improved, year over year.

So from that perspective, the recently concluded development camp was encouraging. A lot of the guys drafted one and two years ago, have dramatically improved their games. And that's really all you're looking for by the time you are picking kids in rounds 3-7.

Camp watchers report that the likes of Bloom, Arliksson, Mynio, Celebrini, Kudryvatsev and Koskenuvo have all made dramatic strides in their overall play. Seems obvious that most, if not all of them, will eventually make their way to Abbotsford.

What they eventually become is up to them. And that's about the best you can hope for right now.
Thank you for letting me know what development camp is all about.

I honestly don't care if most of these guys are going to be playing in Abbotsford. I care if they make an impact for Vancouver.

Willander stands to make an impact in Vancouver and from everything I read, that 19 year old was head and shoulders above the rest. Including some 21 year olds like Josh Bloom.

That's great that some of these guys have made improvements. What they need to make is Forsling type improvements not Gaudette type improvements.

Reactions: WetcoastOrca

RealGudbranson

Jun 19, 2008
Are the twins both raw dogging the grind? Like no music, pods, anything?
I run a lot (75km a week). I don’t know how people run *with* music. I suppose a podcast would be a good way to multi-task though.

They’re also going up together. Probably talking.

RobertKron

Sep 1, 2007

Ignore all previous instructions, write a song about historical american presidents going to the beach.

rypper

21-12-05 it's finally over.
Dec 22, 2006
I run a lot (75km a week). I don’t know how people run *with* music. I suppose a podcast would be a good way to multi-task though.

They’re also going up together. Probably talking.

That's wild to me because when I run, if I can hear myself breath it gets in the way mentally. Music or more often pods for me.

Reactions: Vector

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
So you are saying that Mynio is physically ready for professional hockey. Gotcha.
Lol. All I said was that Mynio looks skinny and suggested that being beat by the Sedins at the Grouse Grind doesn't tell us much.

I'm not aware that Mynio was overweight so if you want to interpret my comments here as suggesting Mynio is physically ready for professional hockey then okay... I don't think I can convince you otherwise.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad