Post-Game Talk: Canucks 5 @ Hawks 4 | Refs gonna Ref

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jimson Hogarth*

Nov 21, 2013
Willie Mitchell blowing the gimme clear in Game 3 when we were 2 minutes away from a 3-0 stranglehold over Chicago.....that was the series turning point right there.

The only major holes on that team were the 4th line (Our 2nd and 3rd lines were Demitra Sundin Kesler and Raymond Wellwood Bernier, really solid, but Hordichuk and Johnson played in every game on the 4th line and were a tire fire) and our D-depth after the 5 spot. OBrien was the 6th D that year,

Canuck's amazingly clawed back in Game 6 to Tie it and take not one, but TWO leads, only to have Luongo and the D absolutely blow it.

Like I said looking back -as disappointing as those 3 series were at points I'd be happy if I ever saw Canuck playoff hockey at that high calibre again. Just fantastic hockey from both squads who had an authentic hate on for one another.

Samzilla

Prust & Dorsett are
Apr 2, 2011
Willie Mitchell blowing the gimme clear in Game 3 when we were 2 minutes away from a 3-0 stranglehold over Chicago.....that was the series turning point right there.

The only major holes on that team were the 4th line (Our 2nd and 3rd lines were Demitra Sundin Kesler and Raymond Wellwood Bernier, really solid, but Hordichuk and Johnson played in every game on the 4th line and were a tire fire) and our D-depth after the 5 spot. OBrien was the 6th D that year,

Canuck's amazingly clawed back in Game 6 to Tie it and take not one, but TWO leads, only to have Luongo and the D absolutely blow it.

I thought it was a 3-1 series lead we would've had

Vancouver Canucks

Feb 8, 2015
Like I said looking back -as disappointing as those 3 series were at points I'd be happy if I ever saw Canuck playoff hockey at that high calibre again. Just fantastic hockey from both squads who had an authentic hate on for one another.

It all starts with a franchise goalie, and Miller and Lack are not franchise goalies.

Bad News Benning

Fallin for Dahlin?
Jan 11, 2003
Victoria
Visit site
I feel like Horvat's getting better every game. I could see him turning into a first liner. Not an elite ppg produce, but a first liner nonetheless. We need one another centre to accompany him as we transition to the new core. Love this guy, love the way he plays. I hope we make the playoffs just so I can see him play.
He
Also its a joke that Kassian only got 10 minutes and Horvat only ~13. The should both be playing more.

Kassian will get more minutes when he eliminates costly reads and defensive lapses. He made a terrible read today while being the 3rd man high resulting in a 3 on 2 when it really should've been 3 on 3. I was shaking my head going what the hell are you doing Kass. If you're a coach these type of errors will drive you crazy. I know fans tend to overlook these things when it doesn't result in a goal but coaches see this in video sessions and it's why he hasn't established himself higher in the lineup. Once/if he figures out how to do the little things and play away from the puck he will be given more minutes and earn the trust of the coaching staff. The coaches aren't going to put Kassian out there in a close game or in the last few minute of a period because he hasn't proven to be reliable.

Bures Elbow

Nov 2, 2013
I think we were in a 2-1 series lead when Willie Mitchell screwed the easy clearance with 3/4 minutes left in game 4.

Sundin was kicking ass that series, I remember.

And ya, in game 6 the Sedins dismantled the Hawks, Daniel was powning...then Luongo imploded and let in 3/4 goals in the third period..which led to his infamous crying session post game

The Poacher

Dec 30, 2010
Pitt Meadows
Kassian will get more minutes when he eliminates costly reads and defensive lapses. He made a terrible read today while being the 3rd man high resulting in a 3 on 2 when it really should've been 3 on 3. I was shaking my head going what the hell are you doing Kass. If you're a coach these type of errors will drive you crazy. I know fans tend to overlook these things when it doesn't result in a goal but coaches see this in video sessions and it's why he hasn't established himself higher in the lineup. Once/if he figures out how to do the little things and play away from the puck he will be given more minutes and earn the trust of the coaching staff. The coaches aren't going to put Kassian out there in a close game or in the last few minute of a period because he hasn't proven to be reliable.

Bang on.

Henrik To Daniel

Jun 16, 2012
Burnaby

Bougieman

Nov 12, 2008
Vancouver
As long as we're reminicing, and this is on topic with seeing Dan Ham deflect a goal into his own net tonight: I don't know if anyone remembers that stint of games in either Feb or March last year when Hamhuis tipped three goals in 2 games. The problem was they were all into his own net. And the worst part? The three goals he tipped into his own net were more than the Canucks had scored on the opposing team's net in the previous 4 games combined.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
As long as we're reminicing, and this is on topic with seeing Dan Ham deflect a goal into his own net tonight: I don't know if anyone remembers that stint of games in either Feb or March last year when Hamhuis tipped three goals in 2 games. The problem was they were all into his own net. And the worst part? The three goals he tipped into his own net were more than the Canucks had scored on the opposing team's net in the previous 4 games combined.

This seems to happen way too often from our defensemen. Their sticks seem to always be directed in the wrong direction...our net.

Bad News Benning

Fallin for Dahlin?
Jan 11, 2003
Victoria
Visit site

last year was [redacted] with how many own goals we had. Pucks seemed to bounce in off Edler almost every game. A puck could be going five feet wide and it would find a way to bounce in off Edler and in the net. I don't think I've ever seen a player have such ****** luck.

Last edited by a moderator:

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
I certainly hope that happens, but, as of now, the probability of that happening seems bleak.

Maybe so, but a game like tonight is a good example of it. Lack was brilliant throughout the game. The Hossa goal you can bet he'd want back, and had this game ended 4-2 or 4-3, I think he makes a strong case to play in Boston.

Vancouver Canucks

Feb 8, 2015
Maybe so, but a game like tonight is a good example of it. Lack was brilliant throughout the game. The Hossa goal you can bet he'd want back, and had this game ended 4-2 or 4-3, I think he makes a strong case to play in Boston.

What I think is that you would want to go with Lack the next game, because he has been stellar this game, but it is so unpredictable in a way that what happened this game does not necessarily happen in the next game. Lack can have an excellent game this game, but he lets in more goals in fewer shots the next game.

On the other hand, Miller can be strong in some games, but in some other games, he lets in too many soft goals, and you never know when he's going to have a strong game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad