Post-Game Talk: Canes

AlwaysSunnyInDetroit

Oct 1, 2021
Why ever be a fan of anything then? Why care what happens ever because we can’t control anything? Why be frustrated we lost in 09 in game 7, us fans couldn’t control anything! It’s silly to say things like that, obviously humans are going to be frustrated even over things we can’t control, and I practice a good amount of stoicism. The state of our team is frustrating, we are getting marginally better with no long term Solution really. I like our prospects, I like the core we have, but it’s a supporting core, it doesn’t mean anything unless we have some offensive needle movers, which we have none of. We will be in this same position in 3 years, being mediocre unless we get one. Only way to do that is a trade or tank, might as well root for something we can actually achieve rn which is tanking. Rooting for a win doesn’t make you a better fan than me, just means you are focused on short term glory.
It does, actually. Rooting for your team to win against all odds by definition makes a person a "better fan" than a borderline bandwagon fan with tank fetish.

Reactions: Lazlo Hollyfeld

AlwaysSunnyInDetroit

Oct 1, 2021
What do you expect? Yzerman spent a bunch of money in the offseason to improve the team, Perron, Husso, and awesome contributors like Chiarot and Copp. This was not a tanking season, this was a push-the-team-forward season. We did exactly that and improved from 25th to 24th place overall, with still some games remaining to improve some more. This was definitely the right move despite one of the most stacked drafts ever in the coming summer.

<runs away>
I love this notion that this is somehow simultaneously the deepest draft of all time and a complete waste of a season without a top 3 pick.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad