GDT: Canes vs Devils - Somehow only Game 2 of the 2024-25 season

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
GYx-PQAa8AAKgFk.jpg

AhosDatsyukian

Sep 25, 2020
A bit late as I watched the game on delay, but some observations:

- Aho line overall looked good and much better than the first game but Aho still looks a little off. He’s had several slow starts before so I’m not even remotely concerned
- Koko looked really solid, played very physical consistently, winning board battles, and had some nice chances plus the assist. Still not sold on him being our 2C answer but his play is definitely encouraging after last year
- Staal line is awesome and I love Carrier’s game, hopefully he can stay healthy for the duration of his very long contract
- Blake was incredible and his first career goal was well earned. Penalty was complete bullshit. He looks like a guy who can create offense in ways we’ve been missing a bit lately, and was solid in his own zone. I think within the next year or 2 we’ll see him in our top 6
- D overall was very good, Ghost and Walker are fitting in seamlessly, Orlov and Chat are no drop off from Skjei Pesce as I expected, and as Tripp said a million times Burns has been great. Outside of the rough play on the first goal against Slavin was Slavin.
- Koochie was overall really solid, maybe want the first goal back, and while I absolutely would not have challenged the 2nd goal I see Tripp’s point to a degree and don’t blame Kooch on that one

Encouraging game after the underwhelming start to the season.

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
My postgame thoughts:

- I love, love, LOVE this new 3rd line. It's not going to put up many points, but based on what we've seen so far, it's going to be absolutely hell to face off against. Carrier's size and physicality will probably make it even more difficult for teams to get out of that forecheck

- Blake got the goal, and it was well deserved, but I thought Robinson was the best player on that line. I believe he was the one who sealed the wall that allowed Orlov to get the shot off leading to the Blake goal. He also had a few points blank chances denied in the first.

- For our first two lines, it was a mixed bag. On line 1, I felt Jarvis and Svech were engaged and had a great game, but Aho started a bit slow. Likewise, that second line, both KK and Necas were noticable, but Roslovic was a bit lost.

- Kotch would probably like that first goal back, even with the screen, but he was absolutely solid throughout the night, and bailed out some really egregious defensive mistakes.

- Our PP is poopoo garbage.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad