GDT: Canes vs Devils at noonish - news to me, too

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
Yeah, Rod should know better. Take the 5 on 3 instead of a judgement call from a group you constantly yell at for being wrong.
Exactly. When it was ruled no goal on the ice I knew that wasn't being overturned, that's 100% a judgement call and no f***ing way the ref is changing his mind unless it's blatantly obvious that Noesen was pushed into Daws (he wasn't).

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
If it’s a “judgment call”, you aren’t going to get it overturned. Even if the ref or anyone else looks at it again and says “yeah I probably would’ve called it the other way”, unless you have indisputable evidence you can’t overturn it. More or less, the damage is done. So yes, they screwed us by calling it GI. But then we screwed ourselves by challenging.
By the rule book he was out of the crease and that's a good goal

But the refs ignore the book all the time for the purposes of game management

WreckingCrew

Feb 4, 2015
Exactly. When it was ruled no goal on the ice I knew that wasn't being overturned, that's 100% a judgement call and no f***ing way the ref is changing his mind unless it's blatantly obvious that Noesen was pushed into Daws (he wasn't).
But he actually was, dude was on top of home before Daws contact, he couldn't have changed his direction if he wanted to

AhosDatsyukian

Sep 25, 2020
If it’s a “judgment call”, you aren’t going to get it overturned. Even if the ref or anyone else looks at it again and says “yeah I probably would’ve called it the other way”, unless you have indisputable evidence you can’t overturn it. More or less, the damage is done. So yes, they screwed us by calling it GI. But then we screwed ourselves by challenging.
I'm not completely convinced it's a judgement call. But I don't really disagree.

Canes and Checkers

Mar 24, 2022
For my first post, I'm going to say that this has been some of the most infuriating hockey I've watched in a long time. I never get passionate over this stuff and my voice is about gone...

Edit..
Apparently I'm so mad, I don't even remember posting here previously.
Someone send throat lozenges and a priest please...

cptjeff

Reprehensible User
Sep 18, 2008
Washington, DC.
I'm not completely convinced it's a judgement call. But I don't really disagree.
It's not supposed to be a judgement call. Daws was outside the damn crease and Noesen made incidental contact. That is supposed to be a goal by the black and white rule.

The refs just f***ing ignored the f***ing black and white rule. That's what it comes down to.

Chrispy

Salakuljettaja's Blues
Feb 25, 2009
Cary, NC
It's not supposed to be a judgement call. Daws was outside the damn crease and Noesen made incidental contact. That is supposed to be a goal by the black and white rule.

The refs just f***ing ignored the f***ing black and white rule. That's what it comes down to.
The ref even said when disallowing the goal it was incidental contact. So the only argument can be that Daws wasn’t out of the crease yet. And he was.

CandyCanes

Caniac turned Jerkiac
Jan 8, 2015
This is why we have the review room in Toronto. A judgement call is made on the ice at fast pace. We send the review to Toronto and can use video evidence to determine if the judgement was made correctly. Unfortunately the goal judges are not level headed either.

Jul 18, 2010
Atlanta, GA

Tell me, black and white, what “incidental” means in this context.

The use of the word incidental in the rulebook literally makes it a judgment call.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad