GDT: Canes visit the Fighting Wayne Newtons 3/1

MisterDobz

Tryin to Reason with Hurricane Season
Apr 13, 2022
Chicago, Florida
Objectively….

that was a pretty entertaining game. Vegas has the type of speed that causes us truckloads of trouble. They are a hot team at home and the canes should have gotten a point out of this game, except for two terrible plays, and one quick whistle. I would be confident in a 7 game series with this team.

on the other hand, we should have found some way to win this one, great teams do.

Reactions: A Star is Burns

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
TNT keeps hammering the point home

"Carolina is the hardest working team, but do they have the guys who can step up in the playoffs"

And that lies 100% with the Top 6 right now. If this is our group, our Top 6 absolutely must step up, or we have to shake that group up. The last few years in the playoffs they've collectively been AWOL and it's past time for them to show up. Believing in them right now is a gamble, and they need to make that gamble pay off.

User13452

Jan 7, 2022
Is Teuvo just out for a skate? Because if he’s gonna continue to basically do nothing they might as well move Noesen up to that line.

TNT keeps hammering the point home

"Carolina is the hardest working team, but do they have the guys who can step up in the playoffs"

And that lies 100% with the Top 6 right now. If this is our group, our Top 6 absolutely must step up, or we have to shake that group up. The last few years in the playoffs they've collectively been AWOL and it's past time for them to show up. Believing in them right now is a gamble, and they need to make that gamble pay off.
Gonna be tough to rely on that second line outside of necas I don’t see the other 2 creating much.

Reactions: Wolfpuck

Identity404

I'm not superstitious, but I am a little stitious
Nov 5, 2005
Washington DC
This game was a snooze fest on both sides. I was thinking to myself WTF are chatfield and dehaan doing on the ice in the last 5 minutes.. shortly after they f*** it up. I'm an insomniac, so I'd be up anyway, but now I'm pissed I subjected myself to this.

Reactions: hockeynjune

chaz4hockey

Sponsor
Jan 21, 2021
Naples, FL
This is what worries me…that is 10 of 11 games against the best the NHL has right now.

Lose 4 of those and Jersey has a big lead on us.

1677736812325.png

Reactions: Svechhammer

Big Daddy Cane

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2010
Western PA
I don't mean this in a joking or mocking way but when you say things like this I am truly worried.

Like is this the end of the world? No, but damn...

I try to be even keeled, but it’s been a disappointing day. Team needs scoring, team acquires Jesse Puljujarvi for that purpose it looks like. Team gets critiqued in pre-game about lack of scoring, team struggles to get shots on net.

I’ll probably feel differently in a few.

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
And honestly, it's really concerning just how much of a shitshow we were on defense tonight. We already know the issues we have with offense and scoring, so if we are pissing away games with the kind of shit defense we saw tonight, that's a recipe for disaster the rest of the way.

Wolfpuck

Chefnikov
Jun 25, 2006
The 919
I’ll leave it at this for tonight.

I look at how we’ve lost in the playoffs the last few seasons (opposition stars rise to the occasion while ours wilt, special teams completely implode and erase all our hard work and momentum, defense makes stupid mistakes at the worst possible times), and I ask myself “what’s different this time?”

And I don’t have an answer.

I want this team to win, and I’ll be rooting for them every step of the way. I just don’t know how we get a better outcome this time…

chaz4hockey

Sponsor
Jan 21, 2021
Naples, FL
I’ll leave it at this for tonight.

I look at how we’ve lost in the playoffs the last few seasons (opposition stars rise to the occasion while ours wilt, special teams completely implode and erase all our hard work and momentum, defense makes stupid mistakes at the worst possible times), and I ask myself “what’s different this time?”

And I don’t have an answer.

I want this team to win, and I’ll be rooting for them every step of the way. I just don’t know how we get a better outcome this time…
Great post.

Also, my wife and I were discussing that we’ve invested 5 months in the team this year…..and now realize it’s for naught because due the perceived money puck approach for “sustainable” success we are going to fall short again.

The next great NHL team will be Jersey for several years and Canes are currently positioned to be a nice regular season team but never a winner.

We needed Meier.

FlyingSquirrels

Jul 5, 2011
Any way in hell Rod moves Martinook down to the 4th line for Pool Party? I know there's a man crush there but Jesus he hasn't done shit in months. Fast has been shit too.

Reactions: Stickpucker

Stickpucker

Playmaka
Jan 18, 2014
The defense has gotten burned on breakouts and 2 on 1s more often than usual.

I'm not sure if that's the dmen pinching even harder or if it's the goalies not bailing them out as much as last season.

Either way it is a trend we need to be wary of.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad