Confirmed with Link: Canes sign LW William Carrier - 6 years/2M per

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
This is the one that’s bothering me. Rod would adopt Martinook and he only gets three years. Thank god of course and that one has me a little itchy too, but what I’m not getting is this guy getting six? A fourth liner making 2 million? There’s a bunch of solid fourth liners that can provide what this guy does and better that signed for cheaper and shorter today. I don’t understand what the value the team sees here is. The fourth line is the access point for younger players and fresh blood, so tying a spot up for that long doesn’t add up. Feels like a Rod thing. I don’t really care that it’s “only” 2. That money could help us pay for a top six forward.

I know we don’t understand what it’s going to look like when the roster is done, but I can’t imagine a version of it where I think it’s great that we’ve got this guy on this deal.

Last edited:

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
This is the one that’s bothering me. Rod would adopt Martinook and he only gets three years. Thank god of course and that one has me a little itchy too, but what I’m not getting is this guy getting six? A fourth liner making 2 million? There’s a bunch of solid fourth liners that can provide what this guy does and better that signed for cheaper and shorter today. I don’t understand what the value the team sees here is. The fourth line is the access point for younger players and fresh blood, so tying a spot up for that long doesn’t add up. Feels like a Rod thing. I don’t really care that it’s “only” 2. That money could help us pay for a top six forward.

I know we don’t understand what it’s going to look like when the roster is done, but I can’t imagine a version of it where I think it’s great that we’ve got this guy on this deal.
Takes two to tango. He seems to prefer the security of longer contracts. This one seems to not have any protection against a trade, so maybe getting the years was a priority for him and the contract was signed in mutual understanding that they may not all end up being spent in North Carolina.

Brock Anton

flames #badnwagon
Nov 8, 2009
Westerly, RI

Also, this doesn't strike me as one of those 'more term for less AAV' deals either ... because was he really going to get that much more than $2M on, say, a 3-4 year deal?

I don't mind the player, a physical presence was definitely needed, but the deal itself is really questionable.

WreckingCrew

Feb 4, 2015
Also, this doesn't strike me as one of those 'more term for less AAV' deals either ... because was he really going to get that much more than $2M on, say, a 3-4 year deal?

I don't mind the player, a physical presence was definitely needed, but the deal itself is really questionable.
"Market inefficiency exploit"...if he suddenly becomes better he's a "steal" or "value" contract. I don't mind him in a vacuum...maybe we think he can help shelter/protect youngsters?

chaz4hockey

Sponsor
Jan 21, 2021
Naples, FL
For as much as he was injured, he was one of my favorite players when he wasn't he was one of my favorite players, dude was a bull and these last couple of years where he seemed to have figured out to score were really great. Hope he works out well for you.
What was the extent of his injuries. Ie many one-offs or some chronic structural or concussion problems?

hangman005

It's my first day.
Apr 19, 2015
Iceland II the hotter crappier version.
What was the extent of his injuries. Ie many one-offs or some chronic structural or concussion problems?

Hard to say when generally it's upper body or lower body, and that said it, that said i don't think it's any one thing, but it's just the price his type of game plays on the body.

SilverBlitzon

May 24, 2020
IMG_6665.jpeg

Reactions: WreckingCrew

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad