Confirmed with Link: Canes sign LW Eric Robinson - 1 year/950K

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
This is actually my favorite move of the day. I liked this guy last year, he’s an ideal 4th liner. Great wheels and forechecker. This put us off to a good start in reshaping the bottom six. Overall my early thoughts are that the reshaping went sideways from there, but I’ll wait to see the big picture as I believe Tulsky when he says we’re not close to being done.

Anton Dubinchuk

aho
Sponsor
Jul 18, 2010
Atlanta, GA
This is actually my favorite move of the day. I liked this guy last year, he’s an ideal 4th liner. Great wheels and forechecker. This put us off to a good start in reshaping the bottom six. Overall my early thoughts are that the reshaping went sideways from there, but I’ll wait to see the big picture as I believe Tulsky when he says we’re not close to being done.

This is actually my favorite move of the day. I liked this guy last year, he’s an ideal 4th liner. Great wheels and forechecker. This put us off to a good start in reshaping the bottom six. Overall my early thoughts are that this went sideways from there, but I’ll wait to see the big picture as I believe Tulsky when he says we’re not close to being done.

That’s good to know, I trust your player evals.

I will say, it feels a bit like we’ve filled the same 2 roster holes with 5 similar-enough players (Carrier/Robinson/Martinook, Walker/Ghost), but the bets on the forwards are small enough to fill out the bottom 6 with. It does feel like Fast won’t be back based on the way we’re building.

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
From what I've read, he's fast! ...and that's about it. Seems like he's our "rookie insurance" if one of the youngsters can't grab can't hold a spot
He’s a guy where if you think there should be more production you’re going to be annoyed, and because he’s fast it’s easy to be that way. He’s a fourth liner that’s moved a couple of times for a reason, there’s not much offense here. That’s fine for us because Rod requires zero offense from his bottom six. Cycle. Grind. Jam puck at goalies feet. Pass to the point then jam for a rebound. Get off. Our fourth line last season was weird, it was often interchangeable with the second. The forwards lacked definition as a group. Making the fourth line be that defensive grind line with an occasional goal almost by accident works for us, the speedier the better. Drury between these two may make a pretty annoying trio to play against.

FlyingSquirrels

Jul 5, 2011
He’s a guy where if you think there should be more production you’re going to be annoyed, and because he’s fast it’s easy to be that way. He’s a fourth liner that’s moved a couple of times for a reason, there’s not much offense here. That’s fine for us because Rod requires zero offense from his bottom six. Cycle. Grind. Jam puck at goalies feet. Pass to the point then jam for a rebound. Get off. Our fourth line last season was weird, it was often interchangeable with the second. The forwards lacked definition as a group. Making the fourth line be that defensive grind line with an occasional goal almost by accident works for us, the speedier the better. Drury between these two may make a pretty annoying trio to play against.
I bet Carrier ends up on the 3rd beside Staal for many years.. 4th will be Robinson/Drury/Lemieux or Jost is my guess. Would be nice if Suzuki finally earns a spot. Gettin' late for that kid, injuries aside.

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
I bet Carrier ends up on the 3rd beside Staal for many years.. 4th will be Robinson/Drury/Lemieux or Jost is my guess. Would be nice if Suzuki finally earns a spot. Gettin' late for that kid, injuries aside.
I had the same thought, but then where does Martinook go? They’re both lefties unless we’re having someone not play their strong side. Technically we do that sometimes but at forward the only player who had significant off side time was TT, who’s a true off side winger who needs that side to score points. Any other time that happened under Rod it was a short term needed for the moment thing. I think it generally matters very much to Rod that guys play their strong side up front, and in general to be honest. He’s made do at times with some off handed D when he had to but otherwise he doesnt seem to like it back there either.

Unless these deals were our cue that the new 3mill man is now a top six forward. Which would shock no one here despite its ridiculousness.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad