Confirmed with Link: Canes re-sign Martinook - 3 years/3.05 per

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009
Every team needs a Jordan Martinook type in the room. They just do. I don't know about any of the new guys, but there sure as shit isn't anyone that projects that way from the holdovers. Would I have liked to see him come in at $2.5 mil? Sure, but he made $2.7 mil last year so he was due a raise, espescially with the cap going up.

WreckingCrew

Feb 4, 2015
I've settled a bit and realized this is just the cost of good 3rd liners these days...I just wish he was more physical...fist year he was lighting guys up and a big part of our late energy & push. Past few years he's <1/game after being like 2/game first couple years

MinJaBen

Canes Sharks Boy
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2015
Durm
Martinook is great. People can say oh he’s got all the intangibles but especially in the playoffs he’s stepped up his tangibles pretty well too. Last year against the devils, the big goal against the islanders, the goal line save against the rangers… He’s not a superstar but he’s a solid player and they cost money

Yeah, I have zero problems with the term and cost of this contract.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad