Post-Game Talk: Canes > Pens

Will Hunting

Immortal Adams
Dec 14, 2011
European Union
This team is gonna lose all 11 games this season vs NJD, NYR and CAR. That´s my bold prediction.

This was all Sullivan vs Brind´Amour. With some decent contributions from Bunting and Marcus Pettersson.

Reactions: Andy99

FunkySeeFunkyDo

Aug 3, 2014
Big ups to Uncle Gary for putting this game on NHLN. I didn’t watch and get my hey we could be 4-2 hopes up. I missed seeing the we are what we are 3-3 mediocrity.

canadianguy77

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 20, 2006
Sullivan either doesn’t watch the other teams on video or even scarier, he doesn’t understand what he’s watching.

The walls were sealed off all night. Just like last season and every season Rods been their coach. This is how they play but all night our dmen are blindly making passes up the walls to get out of our zone and the forwards were doing it in the offensive end back to the dmen.

Not even a hint of a change between periods. Just doing the same shit over and over and expecting different results.

AlphaMikeFoxtrots

The Sounds of Silence
Sponsor
Oct 17, 2014
My bad :laugh:
Screenshot_20241018_194054_Messages.jpg

Reactions: KrisLetAngry

Honour Over Glory

Sully-Quinn: Idiots Squared
Jan 30, 2012
What the f*** can we even say about this one...

• Absolutely dominated, Pens got bent over and dominated like a new fish in prison.
  • Blomqvist was fantastic but had zero chance to win unless he channelled the Mount Rushmore of Goaltending Gods.
  • Carolina dominated this f***ing clown of a coach with all 4 lines.
  • Sullivan is still a joke against competent coaches, just absolute trash of a coach that has zero ideas for adjustments and line-up changes to spark anything short of the Two Headed Osteoporosis Monster pairing.
  • Defense was just clowned all game, Grz and Petts are f***ing awful. St Ivany didn't have a good game and Graves was right there with the rest.
  • Beauvillier experience should effectively be over, waive his ass for all I care, there's a reason this is his 4th team in 2yrs.
  • Just absolutely f***ing dominated.

BobCole

May 21, 2014
We should get used to games like this. This team is overpowered.

Best we can do is reflect on the positives.

Blom was great. That game easily could have been 8-0, and that's not an exaggeration whatsoever.

O'Connor looks great.

Malkin is back to "high risk, high reward," which is vastly preferable to "high risk, medium-to-low reward" which we've seen at times the last few seasons. At least he's exciting.

The defense is horribad. It's somehow worse than the sum of its parts.

Crosby looking invisible, even with Rust picking it up. Beau is really an anchor on that line, though. Frustrating, but hopefully it'll improve.

That's all I've got.

Coastal Kev

There will be "I told you so's" Bet on it
Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC
I could comment on that game, but why bother?

I'll say this, if you chose 5 random people on this board 3 years ago and gave them full control over the roster, I'm betting that most if not all would be icing a better squad than what we currently are icing. Sad, but true

Reactions: metalan2

Malkinstheman

Aug 12, 2012
It's been the same old shit for 7 years now. It will be fun to watch the core dummy bad teams but they'll be curb stomped by competent teams. It's just tiring at this point

Reactions: Andy99

BobCole

May 21, 2014
I could comment on that game, but why bother?

I'll say this, if you chose 5 random people on this board 3 years ago and gave them full control over the roster, I'm betting that most if not all would be icing a better squad than what we currently are icing. Sad, but true

Man do I disagree with this. Fans overreact and are *so* quick to praise/tarnish a player. Dubas' big blunders so far have been the Jarry and Graves signings, both of which are understandable, IMHO. It would be difficult to predict Graves' monumental fall, and the fact is that Jarry was the only decent option at the time of signing, although certainly he could have signed for less term (Graves, as well). Other than that, there haven't been any major blunders, and Dubas has found some gems in the likes of Eller and Pool Party. Nothing else has been high risk and he's been quick to jettison other surprising failures like Smith.

FWIW, I don't really care about Dubas one way or the other. I just shudder to think what this roster would look like if it were run by reactionary fans.

KrisLetAngry

MrJukeBoy
Dec 20, 2013
Saskatchewan
+ Blomqvist
He did great and was MVP for the team.

Line 3 with a goal not really wanting to give a + but they scored so not a negative

Graves I mean he's overpaid for a bottom pairing but he is a +1 again.

- Petts man you played so well last year and now this. Get out of the slump

- bunting not for the double minor but step up.

I expected a loss. I didn't expect to get so dominated.
Someone above touched base on the wall passes. I could see it in slow mo. I'm like o we are going to make a pass up the wall and Carolina will get it. Yep Hurricanes have the puck.

I think if we play that game 100 times. We might win twice.

Reactions: AlphaMikeFoxtrots

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Man do I disagree with this. Fans overreact and are *so* quick to praise/tarnish a player. Dubas' big blunders so far have been the Jarry and Graves signings, both of which are understandable, IMHO. It would be difficult to predict Graves' monumental fall, and the fact is that Jarry was the only decent option at the time of signing, although certainly he could have signed for less term (Graves, as well). Other than that, there haven't been any major blunders, and Dubas has found some gems in the likes of Eller and Pool Party. Nothing else has been high risk and he's been quick to jettison other surprising failures like Smith.

FWIW, I don't really care about Dubas one way or the other. I just shudder to think what this roster would look like if it were run by reactionary fans.

Neither of these are true and it’s honestly frustrating as hell how much it gets brought up to excuse Dubas..

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad