Confirmed Trade: [WPG/CAR] Dylan Coghlan for future considerations

Clint Eastwood

Eff the Habs
Nov 11, 2018
Yeah. I'd imagine Coughlan is free. We literally acquired him for future considerations from Vegas, and only because he came with one Max Pacioretty. Coughlan can't play NHL defense but he's a good minor leaguer.

I remember thinking Coghlan would be the best get of the trade and turn out to be a real solid player for Carolina.

Example #137 why I'll never sniff a scouting job :laugh:

Michoulicious

Dec 9, 2014
What about them trying to trade 50-60pt winger, who’s asked for a trade, for another 50-60pt winger, who is also rumored to be on the market, puts them in desperation mode?
Because they lost a top 4 D (Pesce) and 2 top 6 forward (Teuvo, Necas)...

They whiffed big time on their plan A after lowballing him for weeks. When they finally met his demands, Guentzel said: "you know what? I'm good".

So Ehlers is the plan D to save the offseason now?

Do you feel that team got better?

Reactions: Nevins

Unsustainable

Seth Jarvis has Big Kahunas
Apr 14, 2012
North Carolina

They whiffed big time on their plan A after lowballing him for weeks. When they finally met his demands, Guentzel said: "you know what? I'm good".

Walker and Gostbeihere is not the same as Skjei and Pesce.

But we signed both them for less than Skjei signed for. We knew we was on the road to cap hell this off season. I think we aren't in bad shape at all.

Reactions: Tryamw and DaveG

spockBokk

Sep 8, 2013

They always were going to lose good players this offseason. Are the worse now when compared to their end of playoff roster? Sure, but I still think they fight for 3rd in the Metro or a wild card spit next season. It's not like the iteration of the roster they had this year got past the 2nd round anyway, they needed change.

Their D will be different, but still quite good on paper. I think a lot of folks forget they added a top 4D last year in Orlov, who will slide back into the top 4 this year after playing 3rd pair minutes this past season. Their forwards are a work in process, but it's 7/5.

Next year was always going to be a transition year, with them integrating some of their youth and eventually bringing over Nikishin.

Reactions: DaveG

Big Daddy Cane

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2010
Western PA
Carolina was never going to get better on paper. What you saw last season was the deepest, most talented team in franchise history. The aggregate value of that final roster was over $91 mil in 24-25 cap hits before accounting for Necas, Jarvis and Drury.

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
They always were going to lose good players this offseason.
And that's not accounting for the likes of Noesen, who after a career of sub-$1M AAV contracts (with exception of 2018-19) now leaves the town after three years for a 3x$2.75M contract with slight trade protections.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad