HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
eca02c22da0db5d72b38de5fe7614252.gif

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
Is there a missing tweet is Friedman losing his marbles?

About a minute before he tweeted out that Seattle had extended Eeli Tolvanen. So maybe Friedman meant to combine those thoughts, but yeah, I can only imagine he's in vacation mode right now and not exactly worried about grammar.

As for Coghlan, I remember him being a standout at a Pacific Division prospect camp I attended in 2019. But seems like a AAAA player, maybe he'd be a #7 for Winnipeg?

LD: Morrissey-Samberg-Heinola-Stanley
RD: Pionk-DeMelo-Miller-Coghlan

Carolina signed Riley Stillman a couple days ago, so I wonder if it'd between Stillman and Ty Smith for their #7 spot while Scott Morrow gets some AHL development time?

Discipline Daddy

Brentcent Van Burns
Nov 27, 2009
Raleigh, NC
Or some random quad A forward prospect that has no chance in hell of making the Jets, the Canes are deep on AHL D and shallow up front.
Yeah. I'd imagine Coughlan is free. We literally acquired him for future considerations from Vegas, and only because he came with one Max Pacioretty. Coughlan can't play NHL defense but he's a good minor leaguer.

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
Pretty sure if Necas was part of this, that would have leaked already.

This feels like a trade of minor leaguer for minor leaguer.
It's possible that there will be an AHL-signed guy going the other way, in a simultaneous separate guy for future considerations trade because you can't mix and match a NHLer and a pure AHLer in a trade. We did one of those back in the day with Pu and ...Turci?

edit: Jurco

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad