GDT: Canes @ Devils Game 3: (3:30PM on TBS)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Sigurd

Slavin, our Lord and Saver (AKA Extra Goalie)
Feb 4, 2018
North Carolina
Good day to get all the yard work done and watch the game on the porch with an ice cold beer.

That's the beginning to my country song. That's all I have so far.
giphy.gif

Jul 18, 2010
Atlanta, GA
Have you considered turning your router off and back on again?

Doh! I forgot to do that! :sarcasm:

The story: internet spotty for months, doesn’t completely go out but ~5x per day slows to a crawl for about a minute, just enough to knock everyone off their video calls at work. Neighborhood consensus is that this isn’t just an AD problem it’s community-wide.

AD calls Spectrum enough that they finally come out and replace the main cables in the ground in the neighborhood. The minute they start digging I lose internet completely. Unfortunately consensus among the neighbors is that THIS part IS just an AD problem - the Spectrum guy later confirmed that the digging crew must’ve accidentally hit the line coming into my house.

This was Friday at 9am. Spectrum said they’d have someone to fix the problem on Monday at 1pm… awesome. At least theoretically the ongoing problems will be solved now that a new line has been dropped down. Depending on how quickly the problem is resolved on Monday, I may be asking for a credit on my next invoice just on principle. 3.5 days without internet due to an entirely Spectrum-made outage.

tl;dr: Spectrum completely broke my internet during their operation intended to make it less crappy, and couldn’t bother to send a guy out to fix it for another 3 days even though it was their fault to begin with.

The Faulker 27

Nov 15, 2011
Sauna-Aho

The story: internet spotty for months, doesn’t completely go out but ~5x per day slows to a crawl for about a minute, just enough to knock everyone off their video calls at work. Neighborhood consensus is that this isn’t just an AD problem it’s community-wide.

AD calls Spectrum enough that they finally come out and replace the main cables in the ground in the neighborhood. The minute they start digging I lose internet completely. Unfortunately consensus among the neighbors is that THIS part IS just an AD problem - the Spectrum guy later confirmed that the digging crew must’ve accidentally hit the line coming into my house.

This was Friday at 9am. Spectrum said they’d have someone to fix the problem on Monday at 1pm… awesome. At least theoretically the ongoing problems will be solved now that a new line has been dropped down. Depending on how quickly the problem is resolved on Monday, I may be asking for a credit on my next invoice just on principle. 3.5 days without internet due to an entirely Spectrum-made outage.

tl;dr: Spectrum completely broke my internet during their operation intended to make it less crappy, and couldn’t bother to send a guy out to fix it for another 3 days even though it was their fault to begin with.

Is it fiber? Accidental fiber cuts are a far too common occurrence. I work at a major university and we've had at least 3 and I've only been here 6 years. One of them brought the network down for multiple hours. Pretty big deal when the modern college relies on the network and internet for virtually every thing.

Jul 18, 2010
Atlanta, GA
Is it fiber? Accidental fiber cuts are a far too common occurrence. I work at a major university and we've had at least 3 and I've only been here 6 years. One of them brought the network down for multiple hours. Pretty big deal when the modern college relies on the network and internet for virtually every thing.

Unfortunately no. Just an honest mistake and then an incompetent response to said mistake.

Kat Predator

Nov 28, 2019

Sounds familiar. There's a crew in the area that likes to dig up internet, power, and water lines. Then stand around leaning on their shovels watching the geysers and sparkler shows. The guys that paint the marking lines either are incompetent or these guys are intentionally digging where they are not supposed to.

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Feb 23, 2014
Can you even fix a fibre? Doesn't it need to be replaced from the previous junction to the next?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad