Post-Game Talk: Cane

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
It's not looking good. It's not like he was even hit very hard in the game.

I don’t think he was I think just the extreme physical exertion he probably hasn’t done because he hasn’t played a game just his head can’t handle it. And that’s really troubling. Two days later it hits him. His career in that case is almost assuredly finished if in fact that is what’s happened

But the obvious gag order tonight? I mean come on

Reactions: yrrebbor

will1066

Tarasenko: most dollar store player of all time
Oct 12, 2008
Not sure what you want goalies to do with rising shots like that. Pucks coming at these guys 90+ MPH and is at the net less than a second coming off the stick. Even on slow motion reply the change in height is absolutely dramatic.
I'll give Skjei one thing and that is his clapper from the point. He's done that a lot to opponents in recent years.

Reactions: ReddestRum

Brief Candle

Hank's Forehead Sweat
Jan 30, 2010
New Jersey
rocklandmusic.com
The worst one is when we were on that ass powerplay.

Kreider got knocked down and somebody just came over and tried to crosscheck his head into the ice. The ref was like right the f*** there looking at it.

As somebody who hates game management, I get it. As a ref, I would feel super sus giving a team a two-man advantage. You're basically scoring for them.

But like, we have to draw the line somewhere.
Like I get it with some of our coaches and players in the past who might have whined a lot at refs, but this group plays pretty f***ing honest hockey. I get wanting to let them play, but drawing the line with minutes to go is f***ing absurd. Then again, you also don't want to leave it to the refs, and that was a pretty blatant trip.

Either way, that power play didn't lose us the game. It was lost in the first, lost to posts, etc. Come back Monday, be better, finish this shit, get some rest.

WhereO Is Kakko

Mar 24, 2022
Hindsight is 20/20…

I would have given Quick Game 3 or 4 (and I said so after game 3). Shesty IMO is not a wall-to-wall goalie in a playoff run.

Too late now.

Lavi has made the goaltender’s bed.

Reactions: UnparalledPark

Black Aces

Oct 4, 2008
Honestly, have the Rangers as a franchise show us anything that would hint at the fact that they're not going to blow it in 7. Two straight years of collapses and I'm expecting another one at this point.

Werent you calling a loss during the last game. 7-1 in the playoffs. Gimme a break.

Hindsight is 20/20…

I would have given Quick Game 3 or 4 (and I said so after game 3). Shesty IMO is not a wall-to-wall goalie in a playoff run.

Too late now.

Lavi has made the goaltender’s bed.
so the guy with 99 saves in those two games shouldnt have played?

will1066

Tarasenko: most dollar store player of all time
Oct 12, 2008
Game 3: desperate Canes down 2-0 in the series go up 2-0 on deflection goals, but we clapped back, tied it, and won it.

Game 4: an even more desperate Canes team on the brink of elimination come out flying and go up 2-0, but again we tied it.

If we got blown out tonight, I would agree we gave them life. But this team is Jason f***ing Voorhies. Pump in three rounds but it just keeps coming. It doesn't speed up, it just continues coming at you at the same f***ing fast-walking pace through the woods until it catches you even though you're going 100 mph. The Canes might've found the main road and gotten away tonight. This team continues coming...

Last edited:

GENESISPuck94

Sponsor
May 2, 2022
NJ
Guys chytil is done

Not a peep on the post game either. You’d think someone would say hopefully Chytil will be feeling better and back in the lineup he brings so much to the team. No not a mention of his name. They barely mentioned him in pregame and not a word post game.

I hate to see this but I think it’s over for him
I read he was sick and a gametime decision tonight. But who knows if that was true.

Reactions: Captain Lindy

NYR2007

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 7, 2009
New York
Game 3: desperate Canes down 2-0 in the series go up 2-0 on deflection goals, but we clapped back, tied it, and won it.

Game 4: an even more desperate Canes team on the brink of elimination come out flying and go up 3-0, but we tied it again.

If we got blown out tonight, I would agree we gave them life. But this team is Jason f***ing Voorhies. Pump in three rounds but it just keeps coming. It doesn't speed up, it just continues coming at you at the same f***ing fast-walking pace until it catches you even though you're going 100 mph. The Canes might've found the main road and gotten away tonight. This team continues coming...
They went up 3-1 in this game. Cullye scored when it was 2-0

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Sponsor
Oct 23, 2014
He definitely should have had that. Valiquette stated that in the post game as well. Clear sighted shot and Jarvis’ stick is not enough to create a screen. He misread it.

It might've obscured his vision of the puck just enough to miss it. Or he hesitated just enough because almost all of their prior goals were deflections and he's got a guy with his stick free right in front of him. Letting a forward stand near your goalie and not tying up the stick on a point shot is never good. Fox can be blamed for that goal somewhat.

All overanalysis though...close this out Monday.

Reactions: Captain Lindy

huerter

Aug 16, 2020
We should have been called for too few men on the ice at one point. panarin was asleep on the bench.

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
This is what bothers me. Last two series losses, we had a chance to go 3-0 and lost two winnable games where we had leads. Game 4 we lost games that weren't even close. There's no guarantee that because we had a great shot this game to win that that opportunity will be available next game. You just can't squander opportunities like this, ugh.
You also can't win every f***ing playoff game. Carolina was lucky to win this game.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Lindgren sucked but he's Bobby Orr next to Trouba.

Don't know if you saw the post, but Carolina doesn't have a goal with Trouba not on the ice since Orlov in the first period of game 2.

Trouba has been on the ice for 7 consecutive Canes goals, obviously 6 of those at even strength.

Wish we could sit both of them.

We’re better with out them.

#kovazubbatsignal

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY

Game 4: an even more desperate Canes team on the brink of elimination come out flying and go up 3-0, but we tied it again.

If we got blown out tonight, I would agree we gave them life. But this team is Jason f***ing Voorhies. Pump in three rounds but it just keeps coming. It doesn't speed up, it just continues coming at you at the same f***ing fast-walking pace until it catches you even though you're going 100 mph. The Canes might've found the main road and gotten away tonight. This team continues coming...

As unlikely as it is that game 5 is some blowout, that game 4 last year where we looked like utter shit came out of nowhere. We dominated for two days, didn't give the Devils much in the third in regulation and then game 4 blew chunks. These games are largely independent of one another. But I'm glad we didn't get blown out.

GENESISPuck94

Sponsor
May 2, 2022
NJ
Game 5 Rempe needs to be in. He gets the crowd going. He gets his teammates going. He gets under the opponents' skin. He's makes defenders look over their shoulder.

Game 5 Jones needs to be in. He moves the puck better than anyone other than Fox and even though he's "small" he's not running around aimlessly in the D zone like Gus. Gus needs to sit.

Clark Kellogg

NYU Film Student
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2013
Vermont, USA
If Chytil cant go, Rempe needs to play. Brod contributed nothing. Trouba and Lindgren are awful. Panarin also had a dud.
Shit happens. Win it back at home.
With Rempe in the lineup 18-2-1
Without Rempe in the lineup 7-6
Rangers play bigger with Rempe in.
Carolina plays bigger with Rempe out.
5:00 Rempe>>> 8:49 Brodzinski

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad