Confirmed with Link: Canadiens sign Oliver Kapanen to 3 year ELC

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
We should have all of our centres figured out now for the next 5+ years. I wouldn't mind an upgrade in the top 6 if it means we move Dach to wing, but we don't need it.

McGees

Jun 15, 2016
Him and Beck are very close...too bad Dvorak is wasting that seat this year.

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
Him and Beck are very close...too bad Dvorak is wasting that seat this year.
Well
Since Him and Beck are just 'very close' and not 'ready', we can totally afford 1 more wtv year of Dvorak to let them Simmer 1 more year where they will either be 'even closer' or plain 'ready'

So it could be worse, don't want to chuck them into the fire too early right now since we can help it

But Kapanen has absolutely gone from 'random overseas prospect' to 'keep a close eye on' status in our prospect hierarchy after this season he just had

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
Well
Since Him and Beck are just 'very close' and not 'ready', we can totally afford 1 more wtv year of Dvorak to let them Simmer 1 more year where they will either be 'even closer' or plain 'ready'

So it could be worse, don't want to chuck them into the fire too early right now since we can help it

But Kapanen has absolutely gone from 'random overseas prospect' to 'keep a close eye on' status in our prospect hierarchy after this season he just had

There will be a transition this year for the bottom 6.
Armia, Evans, Pezzetta, Dvorak all on their last year of contract.

Bacchus1

Fill the net!
Sep 10, 2007
Montreal
Probably not as a center and it's still a long shot, but I think he has a chance. He didn't look out of place in the WC playing against NHLer....6 goals in 8 games.
It was encouraging, but iirc, he scored mainly against weaker teams. Didn’t he get a hattrick against Britain?

Encouraging for such a young player, but not as encouraging as having racked up so many points against the top tiered teams.

I look forward to seeing his continued progression and I hope to see him take great strides. I’d love to see him make the team out of camp due to his performance and readiness, but if he has to take another year in Europe to develop, that is great, too.

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
Beck may end up playing wing with Kapanen at C on the 3rd and that line would be dominating on faceoffs... having a 3rd line that defends well, wins faceoffs and scores... :) Roy-Kapanen-Beck in 2-3 years could well be one of the best under 25yo 3rd line in the league.
Change Roy by Florian Xhekaj and that could be a good 4th line

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
It was encouraging, but iirc, he scored mainly against weaker teams. Didn’t he get a hattrick against Britain?

Encouraging for such a young player, but not as encouraging as having racked up so many points against the top tiered teams.

I look forward to seeing his continued progression and I hope to see him take great strides. I’d love to see him make the team out of camp due to his performance and readiness, but if he has to take another year in Europe to develop, that is great, too.

Don't get me wrong he will most likely end in Liiga next year but we never know.....not one single fans thought Struble would be NHL ready this year.

He also had a major performance with 14pts in 13games in the Liiga in the PO.....it's not an easy league to put up these kind of number against men

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Don't get me wrong he will most likely end in Liiga next year but we never know.....not one single fans thought Struble would be NHL ready this year.

He also had a major performance with 14pts in 13games in the Liiga in the PO.....it's not an easy league to put up these kind of number against men

Norlinder did the same thing in the year before MB brought him over, he is still currently one of the highest scoring U-22 blueliners in the SHL playoffs history.

If you look at Kapanen's season, he's tied for 110th OA all time in points among U-21 players in Liiga's history.

But in the playoffs he's now among the all time points leaders among U-21 skaters. He was only 1 pt back of Aho and Laine and 3 of Koivu who is still 2nd best in playoff points and 1st in regular season points.

So what does it mean? We'll see

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad