Confirmed with Link: Canadiens games are postponed through Sunday, March 28th *Mod warning Post #205*

Do you think the week off will help or hurt the Habs?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

dinodebino

Sep 27, 2017
Bet the NHL is wishing they hadn't given the Habs that entire week off now. Probably wouldn't be as many games to make up
The NHL didn't have a choice, really. It's la Santé publique who decided that the NHL had to follow the rules implemented in the province. The Habs are following the same protocol put in place for you and I.

I found Bergevin was giving too much 'credit' to the NHL at his pc. In reality, with Covid cases, the NHL has to follow the rules put forth by the governing body, in which case here is the provincial government. It used to be 2 weeks when I caught it, but it's down to one week now.

The player who caught it is probably going to be tested. He will go through the questionnaire about his symptoms and then, and only then, if all is good, he will he cleared by la Santé publique. Same process I went through.

I don't get posters and fans who think it's different for them. They are all living in Quebec. They follow Arruda and Co's rules.

Last edited:

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
The NHL didn't have a choice, really. It's la Santé publique who decided that the NHL had to follow the rules implemented in the province. The Habs are following the same protocol put in place for you and I.

I found Bergevin was giving too much 'credit' to the NHL at his pc. In reality, with Covid cases, the NHL has to follow the rules put forth by the governing body, in which case here is the provincial government. It used to be 2 weeks when I caught it, but it's down to one week now.

The player who caught it is probably going to be tested. He will go through the questionnaire about his symptoms and then, and only then, if all is good, he will he cleared by la Santé publique. Same process I went through.

I don't get posters and fans who think it's different for them. They are all living in Quebec. They follow Arruda and Co's rules.

It's still 14 days if you test positive to COVID + negative tests after that. It's 7 days + 3 negatives tests on the last 3 days if you were in contact with someone who tested positives (unless you live with them, then it's 14+7 days for you, that used to be 14+14 days thought).

covfefe

Zoltan Poszar's Burner
Feb 5, 2014
MB has his list of excuses ready for when we again miss the playoffs, starting with the crazy schedule the Habs will end up with to finish the year. and Molson will of course agree.

"You know, dis year, der were...we have to deal with so much uncertainty, stress. Carey not himself. Shea is dealing with some injury. Geoff and I talk. We know what we want to do here in Montréal but it not going happen overnight, OK guys?"

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
MB has his list of excuses ready for when we again miss the playoffs, starting with the crazy schedule the Habs will end up with to finish the year. and Molson will of course agree.
He may agree but this is the one time where money may actually wake Molson up. If the Habs miss the playoffs, Bergy would have cost Molson millions in signing players and bringing on dead weight expenses in having to pay Julien and Muller for doing nothing. Add in the reduced revenues from this season and Molson probably wouldn't be too happy spending so much money with very little to show for it.

Reactions: peate

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
He may agree but this is the one time where money may actually wake Molson up. If the Habs miss the playoffs, Bergy would have cost Molson millions in signing players and bringing on dead weight expenses in having to pay Julien and Muller for doing nothing. Add in the reduced revenues from this season and Molson probably wouldn't be too happy spending so much money with very little to show for it.
We can only hope.......the rinse and repeat has gotten way past old.
That being said, I think we make da playoff!! What we do with it, is a coin flip. That is why no matter what, Bergevin has to be replaced.

PhysicX

Nov 17, 2010
MTL
At the end of the day, we'll be back for playoff contention in 2021-2022.

Geoff Molson approved.

dinodebino

Sep 27, 2017
It's still 14 days if you test positive to COVID + negative tests after that. It's 7 days + 3 negatives tests on the last 3 days if you were in contact with someone who tested positives (unless you live with them, then it's 14+7 days for you, that used to be 14+14 days thought).
Yes, for the player it will be the case too, I believe. It's going to be the same rules than the rest of us essentially. In my case, it was 10 days in NOvember, then called back for a follow-up on symptoms and then it was prolonged for 4 more days, because I was sick as a dog. My wife : no symptoms, but quarantined for 14 days, total. My golfing buddies had to stay inside for 14 days; today, it would be 7.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal

The NHL set to reveal the updated schedule for the Habs tomorrow. Word is Habs may play one of the make-up games with Edmonton on Tuesday.

The fact Ottawa and Montreal aren't far from each other make it easier to move their games. And the fact Edmonton will be in Toronto and near Montreal will make it easier to make up at least one game. Edmonton isn't playing Calgary before April 2nd. So the logistics may help the Habs/Oilers making one of the three games missed on Tuesday.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Since the talk is that KK got covid, is there any idea when he can play? Will he have to miss games? I believe MB said he was feeling fine but clearly they wouldn't want someone with it playing so how long does he have to wait?

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office
Since the talk is that KK got covid, is there any idea when he can play? Will he have to miss games? I believe MB said he was feeling fine but clearly they wouldn't want someone with it playing so how long does he have to wait?

I believe it's until he has 3 negative tests in a row, but I'm not 100% sure...

Reactions: montreal

Canadienna

Jan 27, 2015

Is the "talk" just speculation based on us picking up a C? Has anyone in media claimed to know something?

I feel like it was obvious that if we made a move it would happen during this postponement period.

Maybe Stall is just an Evans replacement?

Really hoping KK doesn't have it. He was just hitting his stride. No offense meant to Armia... I wish neither had it

CHfan1

Apr 23, 2012

Does he? They said only 1 of the players tested positive. I don’t think it’s been verified if it’s KK or Armia who have it.

Tanknation

Feb 24, 2012
"You know, dis year, der were...we have to deal with so much uncertainty, stress. Carey not himself. Shea is dealing with some injury. Geoff and I talk. We know what we want to do here in Montréal but it not going happen overnight, OK guys?"
"We talk and we revevaulate things and we all know we need to be better, we all haf to be better. Dis still young group, it take time.I know we all want cup now but it take time. You can't make da trades in NHL with a cap. We also have our 1 game unbeaten streak halted by Covid."

Reactions: angusyoung

Holystik

Nov 17, 2018
Mars
I was unintentionally reading it in his voice lol.
Well done.

Reactions: angusyoung

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
I had heard from one of the TV pundits that Armia had been the first one put on the list.

They were both placed on the COVID list the same night.

Anything any pundit says is pure speculation.

The only thing we know from MB confirming is that one of tested positive with a variant.

We don't know who it was. Anything anyone says, be it a pundit or even us here is pure speculation.

Yoor

Mar 17, 2015
This is some next level boomer mentality. It doesn't mean anything for the rest of us if you like to get a good "razzing". Stop telling people how to feel.
Boomer eh? I'm 44. You know what doesn't mean anything to the rest of us? Your opinion most of the time. I would also like to point out your hypocrisy in telling people how to feel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad