Confirmed with Link: Canadiens deal Reilly to Ottawa for Sturtz, '21 5th rounder

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016
MB has lowered your standards also? This Reilly guy was given a 2 year deal, and MB doubled his salary for this year and next. How can any of us take MB seriously. This is exactly the type of deal he says he wont make.........a trade, for a trade's sake.

Its a nothing trade to move out a guy who wasn't going to play anymore.

Took a chance on him didn't work out and got back the pick we used to get him in the first place.

Its a nothing trade, it won't get us a cup or move the needle. So this thread deserves to be short just like Reilly's time in our line up.

But we all know it will go to 25 pages....

Reactions: Doxinoctae

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
I seem to recall Sturtz being really good at Penn State, don't know what happened to him last year in the AHL in his rookie year, must have been a bad injury to miss most of the season. Can't recall him in any games vs Laval off the top of my head but we need all the help we can get right now with so many bodies missing.

Good move to get rid of that contract, no clue why they signed him to a 2 year deal when it was painful clear Julien didn't trust him.

Reactions: Fenris

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
I seem to recall Sturtz being really good at Penn State, don't know what happened to him last year in the AHL in his rookie year, must have been a bad injury to miss most of the season. Can't recall him in any games vs Laval off the top of my head but we need all the help we can get right now with so many bodies missing.

Good move to get rid of that contract, no clue why they signed him to a 2 year deal when it was painful clear Julien didn't trust him.
kulak, 3 years, weal, 2 years

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Its a nothing trade to move out a guy who wasn't going to play anymore.

Took a chance on him didn't work out and got back the pick we used to get him in the first place.

Its a nothing trade, it won't get us a cup or move the needle. So this thread deserves to be short just like Reilly's time in our line up.

But we all know it will go to 25 pages....
Don't sign Reilly in the first place, and there would be zero pages. Nothing trade, nothing GM.

DavePeak

What a goal Mann!
Jul 15, 2009
Montreal
TIL Mike Reilly makes $1.5m a year. How the **** did that happen? :laugh:
If it makes you feel better, think about Matthew Peca who only makes $1.3m a year :nod:

About the trade, well at least we got our 5th back, and while it doesn’t free up a contract slot, it does clear some cap space (not like we’re using it much but OH WAIT we just got a $4m D)

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016
Don't sign Reilly in the first place, and there would be zero pages. Nothing trade, nothing GM.

So now its Scandella and a 5th for Reilly and a 4th.

Since the team has so much cap why not take a shot on a D man? It didn't work out we got back the pick.

Nothing GM I agree.

Reactions: BLONG7

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
At least Reilly should now get a chance to play some NHL hockey and more importantly for Molson his buddy Marc just saved him some more money.

So what about Burkie saying the Habs were picking up a dman today? Maybe he misunderstood and the Habs were moving a dman instead.

Edit: Ok just saw that the Habs picked up Scandella. Sorry Geoff. No saved money for you this season either.

Last edited:
Reactions: Doxinoctae

tazsub3

May 30, 2016
kulak, 3 years, weal, 2 years
Nothing wrong with that. He picked an asset for Reilly do contract if anything is a positive. The problem was trading for such player to begin with but had the imbecile done good big moves then these minor things are actually great asset management .
But like I had said the problem is not his trade record , that is excellent. It’s his f in everything else .

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad