Proposal: MTL & CLB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
Pretty brutal offer. Columbus is under no pressure to move him at pennies to the dollar

I don't think that's true. Laine is definitely on the market with a FOR SALE sign hanging around his neck.

This proposal however is complete 100% horse shit, even if Farrell might be something someday.

Ledge And Dairy

I don't think that's true. Laine is definitely on the market with a FOR SALE sign hanging around his neck.

This proposal however is complete 100% horse shit, even if Farrell might be something someday.
Oh don't get me wrong, he will almost certainly be traded but there is zero chance they sell low on him. I am not saying he isn't on the market.

Reactions: frontsfan67

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
Oh don't get me wrong, he will almost certainly be traded but there is zero chance they sell low on him. I am not saying he isn't on the market.

Well if he's on the market all that's to be decided is if he gets a good price or not. I would say they don't really have a great shot anymore at a good price but you never know. He hasn't played 70+ games since 2018-19. He costs nearly 9 million dollars a year for the next two seasons. Hard to quantify what entering the Player's Assistance program does to someone's value.

Will be interesting to see what the difference in return ends up being between Laine and PLD because so far I'm not sure it's worked out that well for anybody yet.

Ledge And Dairy

Well if he's on the market all that's to be decided is if he gets a good price or not. I would say they don't really have a great shot anymore at a good price but you never know. He hasn't played 70+ games since 2018-19. He costs nearly 9 million dollars a year for the next two seasons. Hard to quantify what entering the Player's Assistance program does to someone's value.

Will be interesting to see what the difference in return ends up being between Laine and PLD because so far I'm not sure it's worked out that well for anybody yet.
Columbus is 5.8M above the cap floor right now. Laine has been cleared to play and will start the season in Columbus unless a trade they deem worthwhile comes along. A player being available does not mean they have to trade him. They most likely play let him regain his value on the ice over the course of this season before trading him

Hoochi Papa

Oct 17, 2020
I never knew you could be an actual source for sharing your awful dynasty fantasy hockey proposals. I feel sorry for Waddell, if he has to face similar low-ball offers in real life. "You know Don, I could be talked to add Anderson in the deal if you retain 50%. Just to sweeten the risk if he becomes a new prime Kevin Stevens. Easily worth upper-third first round pick. Swear to God, I would never ever do it, if our prospect line wasn't clogged with young talent. Please talk me out of this Don."

• Haha
Reactions: Viqsi and Fro

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
Stumbled upon this trade proposal echoed at Heavy that comes from PuckGM and their user-led tool. I'm wondering, if the reports are correct about CBJ looking for prospects/picks instead of a "hockey trade", would they accept this package from the Habs (note the salary retention)?

So basically it's a one-for-two as well as a couple of picks. Would Columbus accept anything other than a first-round pick? Would a 2nd+4th and one/two prospects do the trick?

What's Laine's out-of-context maximum value, you'd say?

EDIT: Here's the user's package:

Canadiens get:

• Patrik Laine ($4.4 million retained by Columbus)
Blue Jackets get:

• Sean Farrell
  • Bogdan Konyushkov
  • Canadiens 2025 2nd-Round Pick
  • Canadiens 2026 4th-Round Pick
I originally thought Habs are set for camp. But that is interesting. Based on if Laine is he right!!

Maurice of Orange

13:21 🏒🏒
Feb 5, 2016
Awful for Columbus. It's getting worse by the day with these proposals. Terrible
I know tell me about it.

They could have at the very least tried to add some value going the other way.

It’s gonna keep getting worse now that Laine is out of the player assistance program.

• Haha
Reactions: Miller Time

Eegs

Jan 9, 2018
BC

Bogdan is the best piece here. Most Habs fans would agree with me on that.

Not saying this offer is realistic, just pointing that out

Reactions: Habsrule and loadie

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
1. I don’t understand why Montreal would pay more in terms of assets for retention. They are not even close to being capped out.

2. I don’t want Laine anywhere near Montreal. It would be a mistake to acquire him

3. If Hughes does acquire Laine (I really have no say in this anyway), I hope that he pays next to nothing. Farrell, Bogdan and a mid to late round pick to take on the full cap hit is a return I could live with even if I don’t like or want the player. At least it wouldn’t cost us valuable assets

Reactions: malcb33

Habby4Life

Nov 12, 2008
Stumbled upon this trade proposal echoed at Heavy that comes from PuckGM and their user-led tool. I'm wondering, if the reports are correct about CBJ looking for prospects/picks instead of a "hockey trade", would they accept this package from the Habs (note the salary retention)?

So basically it's a one-for-two as well as a couple of picks. Would Columbus accept anything other than a first-round pick? Would a 2nd+4th and one/two prospects do the trick?

What's Laine's out-of-context maximum value, you'd say?

EDIT: Here's the user's package:

Canadiens get:

• Patrik Laine ($4.4 million retained by Columbus)
Blue Jackets get:

• Sean Farrell
  • Bogdan Konyushkov
  • Canadiens 2025 2nd-Round Pick
  • Canadiens 2026 4th-Round Pick
Waddell hangs us immediately and put Hughes on his block list.

Junk offer, jackets aren’t going to give him away.

Walksss

Mar 26, 2013
Laine is very overrated. I don't think KH would give any real assets to acquire him, he's completely uncommitted, the opposite of the type of player they have targeted so far in their tenure.

Columbus has a problem, Laine has asked to be moved and they already have a shitty culture there, I doubt they're trying to start the new season with a disgruntled big money player on the roster.

Even with a discount I wouldn't really want this player and giving up a first for this guy is absolutely laughable. He's never healthy and his production has been trending the wrong way for years now.

Seanaconda

May 6, 2016

Idk Laine is pretty much always playing well when not injured so if he plays a few games his value can go up pretty fast

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010

What do you actually think he's worth?

His value can't be high, not after coming out of the player assistance program.

If you come out of that program, that means you had to go into that program Andersen that lowers his value

Reactions: dukeofjive

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
Here's a quote from Don Waddell on Thursday:
I can't rule out any options even returning here, because it takes two teams and two parties to make a trade, and if there's not a trade that makes any sense to us, then we have to just deal with what reality is. Andy Scott (Laine's Agent) told him multiple times that we will make sure that we look at everything and know the situation, we know Patrik's feelings, and if we can find the right fit, certainly we will do that, but if not, we'll have to just deal with it."

Basically, the team will move him if a deal that makes sense for the Jackets is offered. But they're not ruling out him still being on the team when the season starts if a sensible deal isn't offered.

The OP's offer doesn't make sense because the Jackets are moving him for very little return while retaining a whopping $4.4 million a year.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad