GDT: Canadians vs. Devils 7:00 PM MSG

Status
Not open for further replies.

billingtons ghost

Nov 29, 2010
He's still kinda young? He is 23 now but turns 24 in 11 days. Basically a year older than White.

I just don't think he does anything well enough to be honest.

Seems like he's been around forever though - he's RFA after this year so not sure if he'll have many better chances to make it with the Devils than today.

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
Evidently the Stockton Heat. We could probably make a deal.

Capfriendly says Dave Schlemko is still out there. He'd be fun to pull off a couch.

i'm just spitballing here, but what about a new reality show where all of lou's failed draft picks live in a house together? well actually, it would probably have to be 2 houses to accommodate them all, but still. we could call it 'curb your expectations'.

every week, all the guys who showed a lot of grit and jam would be given a rose from a red-faced david conte, meaning they survived another week. i would watch the f*** out of that show

Blackjack

Feb 13, 2003
keyjhboardd +bro]ke
Visit site
i'm just spitballing here, but what about a new reality show where all of lou's failed draft picks live in a house together? well actually, it would probably have to be 2 houses to accommodate them all, but still. we could call it 'curb your expectations'.

every week, all the guys who showed a lot of grit and jam would be given a rose from a red-faced david conte, meaning they survived another week. i would watch the **** out of that show

Anyone that got suspended for maiming someone while they were in the CHL has to stay in the same room. Fireworks.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor

every week, all the guys who showed a lot of grit and jam would be given a rose from a red-faced david conte, meaning they survived another week. i would watch the **** out of that show

I’d prefer it be called Festivus for the Draft pickus. Instead of Conte you could have Frank Costanza airing the grievances with all the picks. I can see it now “Dudek you couldn’t hit the broadside of a barn with your shot if you tried from five feet!” “Rehill get down here and wrestle me!!”

Last edited:
Reactions: Bleedred

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
I expect we dominate but lose because Domingue. Coleman scores in the first 5 minutes and that's our only offense all game. Kovalchuk 3 goals + 2 assists.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003

Right across the street in a high rise is where the judges would be......they would be people who represent the 148 names on the Stanley Cup from 1995, 2000 and 2003...Every week they would just look down at the guys across the street from their penthouse while drinking pinacoladas and showing each other the subtle difference between the rings from each year. And at the end of the show they would be the jury.

Edit:
Come to think of it...There might be more names on the cup than failed picks so we might need to rework this script somehow.

Last edited:

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
Right across the street in a high rise is where the judges would be......they would be people who represent the 148 names on the Stanley Cup from 1995, 2000 and 2003...Every week they would just look down at the guys across the street from their penthouse while drinking pinacoladas and showing each the subtle difference between the rings from each year. And at the end of the show they would be the jury.

boom, that’s perfect. i’m calling mark burnett right now

None Shall Pass

Dano moisturizes
Jul 7, 2007
Brooklyn
And your winner is... Anthony Brodeur!

I'm all for dunking on Lou and Conte's abysmal, terrible, below-replacement-level, comically inept, really atrocious, legitimately and by the statistics second-worst in the NHL level of bad drafting near the end, but wasting a 7th round draft pick on Marty's kid for him is actually sorta sweet.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I'm all for dunking on Lou and Conte's abysmal, terrible, below-replacement-level, comically inept, really atrocious, legitimately and by the statistics second-worst in the NHL level of bad drafting near the end, but wasting a 7th round draft pick on Marty's kid for him is actually sorta sweet.
Agreed.

Was there one NHL player even picked after Anthony Brodeur that year? I’m gonna bet no.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I expect we dominate but lose because Domingue. Coleman scores in the first 5 minutes and that's our only offense all game. Kovalchuk 3 goals + 2 assists.
I thought Domingue played okay the other night. I didn’t think he had a chance on any of the goals. And I totally back playing Blackwood less these last two months, because it’s a throwaway year and he probably shouldn’t play more than 50-55 games. But Domingue has been horrific this year, so I think it’s fair to expect he’ll be bad more often than not.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Agreed.

Was there one NHL player even picked after Anthony Brodeur that year? I’m gonna bet no.

There were only three picks after him, doesn't look like any of them reached the NHL either but that doesn't count the UDFA signings.

I do think the Anthony pick was a way to smooth things back over with Marty after trading for Cory and likely not telling him.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND

I was just being a smartass and going off of Jim's idea of former Cup winning Devils being the judges. Marty's kid would obviously win it because nobody would vote against him.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
I was just being a smartass and going off of Jim's idea of former Cup winning Devils being the judges. Marty's kid would obviously win it because nobody would vote against him.
Well that depends...does winning mean the prospect that most sucked or the one that least sucked?

Should the winner be a 50 year old that has been an accountant in London Ontario for last 30 years or a 40 year old that played played 15 years in the minors and even got a couple of call ups?

These are difficult decisions...and without a vision it's doomed to fail...
I understand coming off of the Shero era were not use to planning and we think we can just throw names out there and it will work...but this is a new era.

Offseason Champs

May 16, 2011
Well that depends...does winning mean the prospect that most sucked or the one that least sucked?

Should the winner be a 50 year old that has been an accountant in London Ontario for last 30 years or a 40 year old that played played 15 years in the minors and even got a couple of call ups?

These are difficult decisions...and without a vision it's doomed to fail...
I understand coming off of the Shero era were not use to planning and we think we can just throw names out there and it will work...but this is a new era.
Definitely the accountant for sure. I dunno why you'd even consider the other guy.

MauDevils

Jan 11, 2009
New Jersey
If I were to criticize some plug in the lineup I would be a traitor and yet people talk about the best GM this franchise will ever have like he was some awful anchor on the organization.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Latvia vs Kazakhstan
    Latvia vs Kazakhstan
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $260.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Norway vs Denmark
    Norway vs Denmark