GDT: Canadian Soccer | Canada at the Copa America - July 9 vs Argentina in the SF

Arpeggio

Jul 20, 2006
Edmonton
I still think you’re interpreting with too much animosity. Does anyone else think that the statement in the OP was offensive or annoying?

Yes, I find it extremely annoying and offensive that you are not aware of the state of Canadian soccer 40 years ago. As a poster on HFBOARDS, you should be held to a higher standard. Read a book. Oh wait, you probably don't know what that is, you MILLENIAL.

Reactions: oilers'72

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Yes, I find it extremely annoying and offensive that you are not aware of the state of Canadian soccer 40 years ago. As a poster on HFBOARDS, you should be held to a higher standard. Read a book. Oh wait, you probably don't know what that is, you MILLENIAL.
I read YouTube videos, does that count?

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004

To be fair, when you call a generation the golden one they are measured against all generations which directly means that they are being compared to the past.

AM

Nov 22, 2004
Edmonton
CONCACAF is generally better now than it was in the 80s. This will likely be the golden generation. Davies, David, Kaye, Eustauqio, Buchanon, Corbeanu, plus more coming down the pipeline.
Lots to prove just yet. Thats why they play the games.

AM

Nov 22, 2004
Edmonton
Golden generation? Well the 80's generation had people who grew up and played in Edmonton play midfield for Canada at the world cup.

And Davies seeks to equal that.

We wont count the guy from Calgary in the 90's because he played for England.

AM

Nov 22, 2004
Edmonton
For sure. But the talent level is at least enough to give us a legitimate chance.

Talent is only one part of the equation. As an oiler fan that should go without saying. And in an eleven man game its even more to the point. The trick is to make your pointy bits hit their squishy bits. Youll need to read blitzkrieg by guderian for the technical terms.

oilers'72

Jul 3, 2006
Red Deer, Alta
FIFA 2020 World Cup qualifying CONCACAF 2nd round

Saturday's fixtures (first legs) (all times Mountain Daylight Time):

St. Kitts and Nevis vs El Salvador @ 2 PM
(Warner Park, Basseterre)
Haiti vs Canada @ 3 PM
(Stade Sylvio Cator, Port Au Prince)
Panama vs Curaçao @ 7:05 PM
(Estadio Rod Carew, Panama City)

Reactions: Cloned

oilers'72

Jul 3, 2006
Red Deer, Alta
Cyle Larin opens the scoring in the 14th after Jonathan Osorio crossed the ball into the box for an easy tap in. The Haitian goalkeeper, Johny Placide, did bungle it by not getting a hand to the ball as it came along the ground.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad