GDT: Canadian Soccer | Canada at the Copa America - July 9 vs Argentina in the SF

Kerberos

Hound of Hades
Nov 4, 2021
One of the most obviously fixed matches I've seen in a while in football.

Just ignoring blatant Venezuela fouls, especially around the box, their keeper interfering with the throw-in before Crepeau stupidly moved off his line.... it's actually unbelievable.

Venezuela is their usual dirty ass selves too. David has to finish that chance in the first half though, Larin missed 2 gimmes and Millar somehow missed his too. Done everything but get the ball in the goal.

Kerberos

Hound of Hades
Nov 4, 2021
Why the f*** is Liam Millar allowed to take penalties. He sucks. He's always sucked at penalties. Stutterstep's then skies it.

Last edited:

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Cup hunting
I could have made a better attempt than Millar. wtf man
Why was he selected for a kick? Not familiar if he's had a good record at it but he had no touch on the ball today coming in as sub. Sure looked an odd pick but then again I figured Bobino was an odd pick and he scored.

Canada finds a way.

Finish in this game was atrocious for both sides. No surprise really multiple penalty kicks not finished. Was expecting that. Sucky way to decide a game and especially without any extra time 30mins. Not sure why that is the knockout formula in this Tournament. Straight to penalties is a bad format.

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
Spain doing whatever they want against France now after giving up an early goal. That’s too bad. I was hoping they’d lose today after that pathetic showing against Germany.

Oilhawks

Song to Hall Up High
Nov 24, 2011
Spain doing whatever they want against France now after giving up an early goal. That’s too bad. I was hoping they’d lose today after that pathetic showing against Germany.

France sucks. The only thing that surprises me about this match so far is that they scored first.

I think it’ll be an England - Spain final with Spain winning 2-0 or something

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Cup hunting
France sucks. The only thing that surprises me about this match so far is that they scored first.

I think it’ll be an England - Spain final with Spain winning 2-0 or something
Its Funny how the German hating announcers had anointed this the match of the tournament even though the Germany-Spain match clearly was. Spain having their way with France. lol drubbing France with two goals in 4 mins. The France defending the announcers have been wanking off to the whole tournament. Both goals French defenders being walked, owned.

lol at the announcers even calling out the German fans for booing Coocoohairella. "Very harsh from the Germany fans, That wasn't even a handball"

He had to double down on his take.

Splendid goals by Spain though in this one. Two of their players worth cheering for scored brilliantly taken goals.

Spain defending sure suspect at times though.

Reactions: Oilhawks

Oilhawks

Song to Hall Up High
Nov 24, 2011
Its Funny how the German hating announcers had anointed this the match of the tournament even though the Germany-Spain match clearly was. Spain having their way with France.

lol at the announcers even calling out the German fans for booing Coocoohairella. "Very harsh from the Germany fans, That wasn't even a handball"

He had to double down on his take.

Splendid goals by Spain though in this one. Two of their players worth cheering for scored brilliantly taken goals.

Spain defending sure suspect at times though.

The announcers think the war is still going on or something (so do the hooligan fans with the chants they bring). Blindly biased and a lot like fans of other teams in hockey that hate the Oilers, they almost care more about that team losing than their’s winning (since the winning part is not likely).

If they wanted to double down on the handball thing they should go with the more obscure and harder to debate excuse that that goal was apparently “going to be offside anyhow”

Reactions: Drivesaitl

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Cup hunting
Lamine Yamal is absolutely fantastic to watch, at 16 its insane the impact he has on the game.
Won't see a better goal than that in a major tournament. Perfect touch. The one angle is dead sexy showing how far he whipped that in. Was sailing 3 ft wide and bends it even with that kind of pace and delivered in a phone booth.

Oilhawks

Song to Hall Up High
Nov 24, 2011
If England fans and announcers weren’t like the overzealous Leafs / Stars ones, I wouldn’t find the team so detestable.

DrDrai

The OG
Jan 28, 2007
Edmonton
Won't see a better goal than that in a major tournament. Perfect touch. The one angle is dead sexy showing how far he whipped that in. Was sailing 3 ft wide and bends it even with that kind of pace and delivered in a phone booth.
Ya, it honestly gave me chills, huge goal at the time of the match and like you said, utter perfection.

Not my team but I appreciate those moments, all too often these games are decided by a penalty shot.

Reactions: Drivesaitl

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad