Canadian Division (Canada Cup) Part V

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
I think you play to stop McDavid and Drai and hope for good goaltending.

Or you stop the rest of the team and do your best on McDavid but accept that he will get his.

One player cannot win a whole series. This is all easier said than done of course as anything can happen.

Thankfully it's not the NBA where star players can literally play the whole game.

Blackhawks showed pretty well how you beat Edmonton in the playoffs. They are a one line team. Stay out of the box and contain McDrai.

Reactions: TopChedder

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
Sorry didn’t mean to confuse you. Just a remark on how most Stanley cup winning teams are composed of more then 50% Canadians so when players are enjoying their championship with their communities more often then not it’s in Canada.

That's what I figured you meant. Unfortunately for you, the truth is that most Canadian players....live in US cities. Yeah, their original home is in Canada, but that's not where they live, or spend most of their money.

Hynh

Jun 19, 2012
If the Flames fire Treliving, can they also fire Brad Pascal so we don't have to deal with CCP anymore?

doorbag

Jun 26, 2008
Blackhawks showed pretty well how you beat Edmonton in the playoffs. They are a one line team. Stay out of the box and contain McDrai.

A one line team with two 100pt players each on their own line? You’re aware Drai had his own line last year with Nuge and Yamo right? And that he has his own line this year as well?

razor8

Nov 28, 2017
Sorry didn’t mean to confuse you. Just a remark on how most Stanley cup winning teams are composed of more then 50% Canadians so when players are enjoying their championship with their communities more often then not it’s in Canada.

And if there were no US teams then the Canadian players would be enjoying their tens of thousands of dollars freely in Canada. :DD

Just kidding. :naughty:

Crabapple

Jun 17, 2010
Edmonton
Flames are gonna wanna fire there coach now before getting in some wins against Ottawa. If they get a little streak going than I think they keep him

Puckstuff

May 12, 2010
Milton
Power rankings

1. Toronto
2. Winnipeg/Edmonton
2. Edmonton/Winnipeg
4. Montreal
5. Calgary
6. Vancouver
7. Ottawa

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007

The Hawks didn't do shit to contain McDavid. They were playing with house money (no pressure) and took advantage of a 4 month lay off for the Oilers.

Reactions: nabob

SupremeTeam16

5-14-6-1
May 31, 2013
Baker’s Bay
That's what I figured you meant. Unfortunately for you, the truth is that most Canadian players....live in US cities. Yeah, their original home is in Canada, but that's not where they live, or spend most of their money.

Most players spend their offseasons in their hometowns, near their family. Buy a place for your parents, and a place for yourself. Many of them have wives they met playing junior hockey, who's families also live in...Canada. Go to the Okanagan or Muskoka, every second house is owned by a NHL player.

Billy8484

Feb 17, 2020
Ottawa , Canada
With that logic Vancouver should be the best team in the league and win the cup since they beat the defending champs in the bubble .. they are much more then 2 players

Muffin

Avalanche Flavoured
Aug 14, 2009
Edmonton
With Montreal falling back down to Earth it feels like the North is just Toronto and a bunch of mediocre teams, I'd say 2 out of 7 of these teams make the playoffs in a normal season.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
With Montreal falling back down to Earth it feels like the North is just Toronto and a bunch of mediocre teams, I'd say 2 out of 7 of these teams make the playoffs in a normal season.

The Oilers have played the Leafs very close in all 4 of their games head to head.

When the Oilers get decent goaltending they hold their own with anyone in this division, so in that sense IMO other teams get bailed out when they don't.

OilerTitanFan

Feb 26, 2019
I guess a lot of the Canadian teams haven't figured this out yet, especially the Flames. Maybe you can coach the Flames?

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
I guess a lot of the Canadian teams haven't figured this out yet, especially the Flames. Maybe you can coach the Flames?

Tough night for you as a Flames fan I guess, huh, lol.

Chicago got outplayed in that series too by pretty much all the advanced metrics.

OilerTitanFan

Feb 26, 2019
Tough night for you as a Flames fan I guess, huh.

Chicago got outplayed in that series too by pretty much all the advanced metrics.
Yup, as my name says it all, I'm a bigtime Flames fan and my team sucked so hard tonight. We're going to tank and get that first overall pick.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Yup, as my name says it all, I'm a bigtime Flames fan and my team sucked so hard tonight. We're going to tank and get that first overall pick.

Oh noes, not the user name defence. It's like Clark Kent thinking glasses will disguise who he is, lol.

OilerTitanFan

Feb 26, 2019
Oh noes, not the user name defence. It's like Clark Kent thinking glasses will disguise who he is, lol.
What does all this have to do with the post where that poster says Chicago figuring out how to shut down the Oilers? Crawling out of the toilet bowl calling a poster a "Flames" fan with no base seems a bit awkward to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad