Canada Gets Tired Of Not Winning; Sends A Super Team, Who's On It?

NOTENOUGHRYJOTHINGS

Oct 23, 2022
You don't even need a full super team. Take the Oilers. Subtract Nurse and Ceci and Kulak and replace that with equivalent cap hit of defense and it's probably a cup win.

Is it even possible to pick 3 worse Canadian defense with a cap hit of 15 million?

And no, subtracting Nurse and Ceci to replace them with Nurse and Ceci doesn't count.

canuckster19

Former CDC Mod
Sep 23, 2008
Gothenburg Sweden
You don't even need a full super team. Take the Oilers. Subtract Nurse and Ceci and Kulak and replace that with equivalent cap hit of defense and it's probably a cup win.

Is it even possible to pick 3 worse Canadian defense with a cap hit of 15 million?

And no, subtracting Nurse and Ceci to replace them with Nurse and Ceci doesn't count.

Yes let's completely ignore the 7,6 million tied up in goaltending and leave that be... :rolleyes:

Dirty Dan

Saturday Night Lupul
May 5, 2010
in ur crease

Holy shit

Nogatco Rd

Translator spent all my HF cash
Apr 3, 2021
I think there is a bit of a power vacuum on the horizon with lots of the dominant teams of the last 15-20 years reaching the end their competitive cycle or already in full blown rebuilds. Toronto, Edmonton, Vancouver… would anyone really be surprised to see one of those teams make it to the finals in the next couple of years? People should get their licks in now while they still can.

• Haha
Reactions: The Gr8 Dane

innitfam

Oct 18, 2017
Some obvious picks based on high level talent and others for an efficient cap hit for what they bring to the table:

McDavid 12.5M
Draisatl 8.5M
Hyman 5.5M
Slafkovsky 950K

Q. Hughes 7.85M
Chychrun 4.6M
Andersson 4.55M
Bouchard 3.9M
McCabe 2M
Guhle 863K

Demko 5M
Skinner 2.6M

That's 58.813M out of 88M. 29.187M to fill out the remaining roster.

Of course you can switch guys out for higher paid if there's room left over after but I feel this is a good skeleton.

Last edited:

TCIH

Nov 26, 2007
Montreal
Draisaitl - McDavid - Hyman
Ehlers - Miller - Batherson
Knies - Sharangovich - Slafkovsky
Pezzetta - McLeod - McMann
Greig, Coronato

Hughes - Bouchard
Morrissey - Guhle
Benoit - Reinbacher
McCabe

Demko
Skinner

I don't have it in me to verify the numbers are all right but according to CapFriendly that roster comes in at ~750k under the cap.

Burnaby Schmo

Jan 23, 2021
Why are people adding Hughes? Dude is kind of a ghost in the playoffs.
You don't think a PP1 of Hughes, Bouch, Miller, Drai, and McDavid wouldn't do absolutely league wide catacylsmic damage to every PK in the league. Have Hughes juking Nyqvist out of his jock, dishing it off to Bouch who fires the rebound, which Miller than picks off in the corner before backing handing it to McDavid who cross paints to Drai who scores a goal that for some reason is worth 3 points instead of 1, just because the entire play looked so crisp?

If you say, so.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad