Can the NHL suspend someone due to an attempt with blatant intent

PokeyTheCat

Jul 23, 2021
Yes a recent elbowing attempt by... idk let's say for privacy sake is Jacob T... no that's too obvious... let's say J. Trouba, can the NHL in the CBA suspend someone for intent that wiffs if the refs miss. Like a more extreme example is swinging your stick at a head that is missed or taking off your skate to stab someone
IMG_3077.gif

Chips

Aug 19, 2015
Always been obvious with Trouba. He narrowly missed Palat a couple years ago too, and you saw what he was going for.

The NHL would call that clean.

Reactions: DaveG

gtrower

Feb 10, 2016
Yes a recent elbowing attempt by... idk let's say for privacy sake is Jacob T... no that's too obvious... let's say J. Trouba, can the NHL in the CBA suspend someone for intent that wiffs if the refs miss. Like a more extreme example is swinging your stick at a head that is missed or taking off your skate to stab someone
1715172664659.jpeg

Reactions: lokomotiv15

SImpelton

Mar 1, 2018

For those who didn’t see it

He should be suspended on general principle. If he had succeeded he might have killed his target. This is even worse than the cook elbow on Savard because he's flying at his victim with his entire weight and all his speed. Not even Matt Cooke is THIS dirty, and Cooke was a piece of work and then some.

Thank God he missed.

So the Canes player is made out of single ply toilet paper and tries to sell an injury? Glad the Rangers are up 2-0
Absolutely unbelievable. I have no idea how you can stand here and say that with a straight face. Trouba tried to kill that man, then landed on him and nearly skate-bladed him to the face. There is no place for that in the NHL.

Trouba needs to be suspended for the remainder of the playoffs. If Marchand did something like that as a Bruins fan I'd be calling for a suspension right along with everyone else.

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011

For those who didn’t see it

I mean the player cuts and nearly tries to duck out of it. To act like Trouba tried to commit murder there is extremely laughable. If want to call it a potential chicken wing if that doesn't happen, sure. But the rest of what happened was due to the player moving out the way

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
That was gross by Trouba. Par for the course for him, but I don't feel bad for wishing he'd have hurt himself badly on that play since that's what he was planning on doing to Necas.
I rarely wish an injury on players, even ones I don't like. I wish Trouba injured himself with a bad one as a wake-up call.

Reactions: kickback256

drede

Jul 13, 2023
The skate part can't really say he was trying to stab the guy lol but that was one hell of a elbow head shot attempt

Surprised he didn't hurt himself going into the boards like that never seen something like that before lol

Toby91ca

Oct 17, 2022
I mean the player cuts and nearly tries to duck out of it. To act like Trouba tried to commit murder there is extremely laughable. If want to call it a potential chicken wing if that doesn't happen, sure. But the rest of what happened was due to the player moving out the way
That's part of it, but that's hockey, hockey players move. I don't think Trouba was trying to kill the guy, the problem is he, in this play and many others, it's just going for the big hit, but doing so recklessly .

Saga of the Elk

Honoured Person
May 31, 2008
The NHL where brushing a guy's beard with a stick is a penalty but deliberately kicking someone in the head with a skate is all good.

Trouba is one of the all-time filthiest players. Twenty years ago he would have had the shit kicked out of him at some point and cleaned up his act.

drede

Jul 13, 2023
You can't say he's 100% Trying to kick him in the head with his skate come on. He comes in flying tring to hit him just how he landed

Reactions: nashnaidoo

KeyserSoze81

Mar 1, 2007
Rochester, NY
So many tears.
So the Canes player is made out of single ply toilet paper and tries to sell an injury? Glad the Rangers are up 2-0
The older I get, the more I realize that I should go live on a secluded island. Anyway, may you both absorb all the punches that will undoubtedly be thrown your way on a weekly basis, lest you try to sell an injury.

The Great Mighty Poo

Thank You 59.
Feb 21, 2020
Scatbox
Can they? Absolutely.
Will they? Absolutely not.
Why? Look up who runs the "Department of Player Safety" and then look up what he did during his career and you'll understand.

Reactions: DaveG

Grifter3511

Nov 3, 2009
Pretty slippery slope if we start going down this route. Trouba's arm is tucked until he's clearly going to miss Necas. If we are going to start penalizing players on what they meant to do or what could have happened, but not what they actually did we're opening up an even bigger can of worms than we currently have with the DoPS.

Edit: if they actually run into each other where Trouba is anticipating they will, that elbow isn't near the head.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad